• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I don't get the shot about Hooper.
If I was a 30 something manager,and I was looking for emotional support,I wouldn't be going to a 22 yo kid for it.
I would have thought someone like Horwill,with whom she had worked with for a few years,who was more mature would have been the logical thought process.

Unless she was thinking the Wallabies captain was the best person to approach in regards to a player related issues, being that that are supposed to be the leader of the national team and playing group..........although your comment "I wouldn't be going to a 22 yo kid for it" is worth thinking on.

I think we need to remember this is a workplace, and it has an established hierarchy.

I wonder if your subconscious assessment is similar to a lot of others; both in the team and outside? Does beg the question.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
You're going well Rugby Mum 2. I'm assuming the 'Rugby Mum 1' was previously banned or something similar?
Play the ball and not the man, you're getting personal.

Rugby Mum 1 is a different person (see scholarship thread- Schoolboys).

This whole thread is about playing the man and not the ball. That is the problem.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Rugby Mum 1 is a different person (see scholarship thread- Schoolboys).

This whole thread is about playing the man and not the ball. That is the problem.
Touche!

There has been plenty of posts that have flown too close to the sun but a lot of them deleted and the posters warned or banned. I wouldn't say the whole thread is that way. Anyway, I'm just another punter and I was just giving you a heads up. As you were.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
I may have done you a disservice - is it Dennis' character that utters that line?

Yep. "Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic sense. I mean, sometimes he'll, uh, well, you'll say hello to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you, and he won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say "Do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? 'If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you'..." I mean, I'm no, I can't – I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's, he's a great man."

And thinking further on this, I can see some similarity between Kurtley and Brando. Both have on occasion turned up to work a little overweight.

And one might suggest that this whole situation is certainly the ARU's "Apocalypse Now".

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Just read through and thought I'd summarise for those catching up:

Muglair, because he can't access/understand Wayne Smith's article today is still stuck on Rebecca Wilson's 'fabricated text' defence. It could take him a while to catch up.

Tah-dan's line of attack is in a death spiral. The only common thread in it is "cos I just don't like that woman".

I like to watch will just keep throwing red herrings along Tah-Dans line, just sneakier. They're easy enough to ignore.

Never fear though if you thought there was a chance of it all dying out, we have a new player in Rugby Mum 2 ready and willing to take up the "I just don't like her" cause!

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
I have absolutely no doubt that McKenzie's intentions for Australian Rugby and the Wallabies were entirely noble. It doesn't mean that some of the things he did and the level to which he involved himself in all of the ARU's affairs were good decisions.

If one of the people involved in cost cutting and doing other things which would be unpopular within the organisation was also propelled into a role by McKenzie which involved them with players, that would also seem to be a poor decision.

There's a reason why many companies going through cost and staff cutting programs hire external people to implement it. It's unpopular and upsetting for many people involved and whilst in time those remaining might see it as being essential, there's also likely to be resentment. By making the focal point someone external to the organisation, you can paint someone as the bad guy who doesn't then hang around afterwards.

I am in no way trying to defend or mitigate Beale's actions. Merely discussing the fact that McKenzie ended up as collateral damage because he put himself in almost every possible firing line within the ARU.

By the sounds of things, if there'd been a scandal in accounting, McKenzie would have still been somewhat involved because he'd chosen to expose himself to every section of the ARU.

Cheika stands to be the beneficiary out of all of this process. McKenzie, the unpopular cost-cutter.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Some years ago, when he was still head of the NRL, David Gallop said something to the effect that the bad incidents with which that code was littered actually had the effect of increasing interest in the game.

As horrible as these events are (albeit not on the scale of some of the loig atrocities over the years) they will probably have the effect of increasing public interest in rugby.

It will be very interesting to see what the ratings are for the NH tour.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Such a f'witted comment. If you could read, I was referring to her comments to the journo in the Australian about implicating Hopper and then casting doubt over what KB (Kurtley Beale) said.

His evidence has been presented and an independent tribunal found him guilty. Hers has not.

Nice try, but I think I can read just fine. For more context, I will just leave the bit I was referring to:

This entire thread is based on gossip.

You mean you missed the bit where Beale was found guilty by tribunal, and admitted to sending an offensive message?

Interesting that you are challening the Patston quotes, I hope you are eagerly as vigorous as challenging all the other quotes as well.

Dudley Do-right

Frank Row (1)
So Beale was trying to send the text to Hansen 6 days after sending to to a group of unknown "Waratah mates". For me this raises some interesting/disturbing points.

1. Making some assumptions about who the mates were that he sent it to, there is the potential that the C, one of the VC's who happens to be the most capped player and probably seen as one of the most senior in the team, could have seen it.
If it were me, and I believed that members of the upper echelon of players were the recipients it would be enough to make me walk away too.

2. The "joke" was still going on strongly enough 6 days after the original message was sent to warrant Beale trying to send it to another player.

Usually if you know nothing about an incident then there is nothing to say about it. Maybe those Waratahs that didn't comment are the ones who likewise didn't receive the text, so therefore had no comment to make.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So Beale was trying to send the text to the Wallabies Vice Captain 6 days after sending to to a group of unknown "Waratah mates". For me this raises some interesting/disturbing points.

Actually, that text was intended for James Hanson, not Slipper............. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.