• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Like we paid the price for Macqueens reign for years on the field, we are still paying the price for Dingos reign off it.
It has been 14 months since he got the chop.
If you are right then the current coach is totally ineffective and needs replacing immediately.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
It has been 14 months since he got the chop.
If you are right then the current coach is totally ineffective and needs replacing immediately.

What I meant is Beale should have got the boot years ago. Assaulting team mates on two separate occasions usually would do the job, not to mention the other assault themed incidents. I can't recall Link having any cause until now.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
If I was Jake White and I was offered the Wallabies coaching job tomorrow, I would be saying "No thanks, I don't want anything to do with that mob"

drop kick

Frank Nicholson (4)
The Patston Linked-in profile is still a bit weird don't you think?

An ARU spokesperson said the LinkedIn profile had been created by a third-party and had now been taken down.
Does she have staff that create her profile for her? Wouldn't she have checked it?

Linked-in is not hard to use. You type what you want and it appears. If you, or your third party, make a mistake you fix it and it is fixed. Any drop kick can use it. Somebody with three university degrees would have no trouble.

The spokesperson said the university degrees were obtained through modules completed in her government work, which was why neither the University of Sydney nor Griffith University had a record of her attendance.

She has three degrees but the two universities don't have a record of those degrees? Huh?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
From the Tele:

Given this blokes track record, to have a female staffer feel "physically intimidated" should go far beyond simply have his contract torn up.

Given that the incident took place on a South African plane in international airspace, what action are you suggesting?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Patston Linked-in profile is still a bit weird don't you think?

Does she have staff that create her profile for her? Wouldn't she have checked it?

Linked-in is not hard to use. You type what you want and it appears. If you, or your third party, make a mistake you fix it and it is fixed. Any drop kick can use it. Somebody with three university degrees would have no trouble.

She has three degrees but the two universities don't have a record of those degrees? Huh?

It must be an ARU cover up......... or...........

Like a lot of us with Linkedin profiles - she doesn't use the site.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It is mind blowing that anybody thinks a LinkedIn profile is relevant or of the slightest importance to this story.

I think it's just sad that this woman's credibility has been tarnished by some lazy journalism...........

And now that Robinson's Guinness' story has been proven to be bunk, Di's background is completely irrelevant to this story.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Given that the incident took place on a South African plane in international airspace, what action are you suggesting?

Nothing legal obviously, though I'm pretty sure there might be some workplace law implications which I'm not versed in at all. It's the things everyone (esp those involved) seem to forget, it's a workplace. If anyone of us "regular" people acted in the manner alleged, we wouldn't have a job once the plane landed.

Contract torn up would be a given, left in Argentina would be a nice touch. But seriously, IF Patston genuinely felt physically threatened, given Beales track record and the current global sporting/social climate a life ban from rugby union in Australia wouldn't be too far fetched.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
The offending 100% bullshit article was actually uncharacteristically a Rupert Guiness article. Robinson's didn't really address it, though

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)
After reading that we might lose KB (Kurtley Beale) (I liked him in blue) this isn't fun and games anymore :(

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I think he was going anyway.
The a Tahs got him at bargain basement rates for this year as he was tainted goods.I assume he thought he was due for a big pay rise for next year.
Sounds like he has been battling to get a huge upgrade for next year,so pretty much anywhere else would be more cash.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The part that I can't reconcile is that she is clearly tough enough to play with the big boys, as evidenced by her willingness to take Kurtley on and possibly as reported tell Kurtley his future is down the toilet. But then appears to turn tail and bail on the tour.

It could simply be a case of after the adrenaline has cleared she lost her desire to fight the good fight, but someone of her youngish age to have risen to the top in her chosen field in a male dominated industry would be unlikely to suddenly lose her nerve in my estimation.

The only thing that makes sense to me is KB (Kurtley Beale) said something particularly nasty, that is also true. It's not the lies that get to people, they can be ignored. It's the truth that hurts the most.

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)
Would he really have left before a world cup year? I was confident all 3 amigo's would aim for WC15, even when none had yet signed for 2015

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
The part that I can't reconcile is that she is clearly tough enough to play with the big boys, as evidenced by her willingness to take Kurtley on and possibly as reported tell Kurtley his future is down the toilet. But then appears to turn tail and bail on the tour.

It could simply be a case of after the adrenaline has cleared she lost her desire to fight the good fight, but someone of her youngish age to have risen to the top in her chosen field in a male dominated industry would be unlikely to suddenly lose her nerve in my estimation.

The only thing that makes sense to me is KB (Kurtley Beale) said something particularly nasty, that is also true. It's not the lies that get to people, they can be ignored. It's the truth that hurts the most.

Or perhaps Patston didn't want to remain on tour and be a distraction and provide unwanted tension by being around in the lead up to a test match.

She won't be bugged by media by coming home, whereas if KB (Kurtley Beale) was sent home there would be media scrums at Mascot waiting.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Or perhaps Patston didn't want to remain on tour and be a distraction and provide unwanted tension by being around in the lead up to a test match.

She won't be bugged by media by coming home, whereas if KB (Kurtley Beale) was sent home there would be media scrums at Mascot waiting.
No, the right thing to do by the team was stay. By leaving, she has given the whole situation an air of seriousness that may not be warranted.

If she had stayed the most we would have likely heard about this would have been a tidbit in a grumbles column.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Would he really have left before a world cup year? I was confident all 3 amigo's would aim for WC15, even when none had yet signed for 2015
Been there,done that,got the shirt.
Great if you are being paid around the right cash,not a must do if you are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.