• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Saw the Pulveriser on SBS news. He appeared to indicate that "ARU Management" have only known of the offensive messages/images for 2 days and the matter is totally unrelated to the argument on the flight.

Some ARU employee seems to have sat on the messages since June and only just revealed them to the boss. Very sad state of affairs if true.

I feel sorry for Pulver, he walked into the proverbial train wreck when he got the job and he's still trying to put the fire out before he can even start rebuilding the railway.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Any reason KB (Kurtley Beale) can't play for the Rams this weekend? I know he has been suspended from all rugby, but jeez it would bring the crowds up.

I don't think his presence in public is what anyone associated with rugby needs right now. Here's how it would break down - and I mean break down:

1) A percentage would validate his bullshit by giving support
2) A percentage would have a crack at him, which he doesn't need despite his demonstrated disregard for authority
3) A large majority would simply ignore him. I'm not even sure that is a correct position.

No, better he is nowhere near anything. Not even his mate Buddy Franklin.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Maybe the person who was the subject of the texts got sick of the character assassination in the media

Agree totally. But if they were THAT offensive Sully, you take a stand where the battle occurs. You don't go back looking for carrion later.

Maybe if the air was cleared then, and behind closed doors, we wouldn't be looking at the possible loss of a wallaby coach less than 12 months out from a RWC.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Welcome aboard! Please enjoy this complimentary bottle of central Otago Pinot Noir.
If all else fails Pfitzy, I think Dismal Pillock would have room for a deputy agent provocateur
They do make a good red in Otago

adam_thomson_4de5b3a101.jpg

Monty

Frank Nicholson (4)
This is an absolute clusterfuck with major troubles both on and off the field. The only silver lining I can see if it is the catalyst to wholesale changes into how rugby is run and administered in this country; however slim that lining may be.

Although we are in the professional era, rugby in Australia is not being run professionally. There is a great JK Rowling quote which I am hoping beyond hope will apply to Australian rugby in the very near future: "And so rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life." A man can dream.....

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Here's a possibility:

Di Patston is a really capable individual that has demonstrated a high level of competence that has got her into the position she currently holds.

Ewen has made use of her managerial skills and (due to her capability) even expanded on her roles to make use of her skill set - as all good managers do.

There is nothing but a professional relationship between Ewen and Di.

Kurtley Beale is actually just a dickhead (and a "right fucking"one at that) and created a stink on the plane over to Argentina, in which he said something that was both inappropriate and unprofessional.

It became apparent during the fight that Beale had also been texting inappropriate and highly offensive content around the team which serves no purpose other than to undermine authority and disrupt team harmony.

Management have referred it to the ARU because RUPA had nuetered them after last year's EOYT.

Some of the wallabies consider innuendo and rumor more important than actually concentrating their thoughts and efforts on how to maybe play decent rugby, or learning how to do those things that are currently not in their repertoire.

Given the lack of evidence so far - this hypothesis has just as much merit as any of the others put forward in this thread but relies on far fewer assumptions.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I posted that just days after the whole thing broke and my post got deleted!

I fully support the deletion then, and will not be upset if this whole affair (pun intended) is "set aside" on G&GR, until all involved have a chance to give their evidence. Until then, we have an All Blacks test to win.
Sadly, two contrasting stories involving Australian football codes were given 'saturation' coverage, namely, this 'muck' involving the Wallabies, on the day that the NRL champions, South Sydney, are given the Key to The City of Sydney!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This is an absolute clusterfuck with major troubles both on and off the field. The only silver lining I can see if it is the catalyst to wholesale changes into how rugby is run and administered in this country; however slim that lining may be.

<snip>.
The Arbib Report into ARU Governance was supposed to be the catalyst for change into how rugby is run and administered in this country.

Instead of stuffing around writing a detailed report, Mark Arbib and General Sir Pete should have just gone to the 4 Pines Brewery for a pissy session on the turps and fired off a few inflammatory SMS's to get the necessary changes happening.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I really dont get all this. All these people potentially sacked just because of a few naughty pics? While a prick like me has distributed hundreds of **highly offensive** pictures to poor unsuspecting strangers all over the internet? On public forums too!

eg.nswf
Kurtley's ARU Training Seminar
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Bent/mspaint/presentation2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Bent/mspaint/presentation2-1.jpg

ps, I might cop some shit for this one but I feel I am in a position to bravely attempt to summarize this entire situation:

CHICKS RUIN EVERYTHING.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
So deeply offensive the messages were stored away for 4 months until they were needed.

It does not excuse the initial sending of such offensive material (if it truly was offensive) and such behaviours can amount to a Commonwealth Offence depending on the circumstances, so we are not just talking individual feelings and company codes of conduct.

That being said there are no winners and anybody who comes forward with evidence they have stored up for four months doesn't get much credibility from me. Rugby is the loser here, at a time where it doesn't have much left to lose.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Here's a possibility:

Di Patston is a really capable individual that has demonstrated a high level of competence that has got her into the position she currently holds.

Ewen has made use of her managerial skills and (due to her capability) even expanded on her roles to make use of her skill set - as all good managers do.

There is nothing but a professional relationship between Ewen and Di.

Kurtley Beale is actually just a dickhead (and a "right fucking"one at that) and created a stink on the plane over to Argentina, in which he said something that was both inappropriate and unprofessional.

It became apparent during the fight that Beale had also been texting inappropriate and highly offensive content around the team which serves no purpose other than to undermine authority and disrupt team harmony.

Management have referred it to the ARU because RUPA had nuetered them after last year's EOYT.

Some of the wallabies consider innuendo and rumor more important than actually concentrating their thoughts and efforts on how to maybe play decent rugby, or learning how to do those things that are currently not in their repertoire.

Given the lack of evidence so far - this hypothesis has just as much merit as any of the others put forward in this thread but relies on far fewer assumptions.
Commonsense like that will get you sent summarily to Pitcairn Island to be @Dismal Pillock's chief minion. I mean, really, you're not acting in the spirit of this thread. ;)
Seriously, it's a sad state of affairs when a "sensible" angle like this will appear to be left field.
This whole debacle is sad.
My faith in the ARU managing this with any aplomb is low.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Commonsense like that will get you sent summarily to Pitcairn Island to be @Dismal Pillock's chief minion. I mean, really, you're not acting in the spirit of this thread. ;)
Seriously, it's a sad state of affairs when a "sensible" angle like this will appear to be left field.
This whole debacle is sad.
My faith in the ARU managing this with any aplomb is low.
Pretty sure aplomb is a south African, I doubt he'll be much help.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If the Integrity Unit genuinely found out about the offensive texts in the last two days, then they are doing the right thing bringing it to a head now.

There may be any number of reasons why the offensive texts have not bubbled to the surface for four months, although I can only think that it was either due to naivety from someone, or they have been saved as an insurance trump card to be used for Machiavellian purposes when the last straw was placed on the back of the camel.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

A few months banishment in the dreaded "Kelleher Kwadrant" of the Pitcairns will soon strip away all that reasonable, level-headed, even-keeled carry-on.

He'll be far too pregnant to make any more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.