• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobdog

Frank Nicholson (4)
It would seem given all the 'intelligence' that this bomb has been ticking for a while.

Seems to parallel the timing of the Link and Di thing with the wick burning faster as the latters role to administer,manage,direct and offer opinions expanded - all or some seemingly endorsed by the bagwhans in the big fancy tent on top of the hill but not sufficientlyacknowledged to be presented with the spagetti covered officers cap.

If she felt empowered and acted that way with a team of 32 men without the officers spagetti cap then she was out of line. The guys in the team know what it takes to earn their own gold braided caps and would look with different feelings to someone who has a paper hat with a bit of homemade spagetti on it telling them what to do.

They would be divided on whether to listen to her or not. If they believed she got her feeling of expanded power through association with Link and her paper hat represented that then its a train wreck waiting to happen. Im not saying theres a swinging dick in this but its a possibility because a swinging dick has no consciouness, is always on the lookout for moments of pleasure and can quickly turn the owner of that dick into an irrationally thinking person who adopts pandering, sharing and protective types of behavoiur into their now hybridized persona,

The motto here is where theres young professional males in a pressure cooker of expectations and where violence and injury are their constant bedfellows the only people to be part of this are others who have been through what they are going thru and give meaning and direction to.all. Such poeple must show their total commitment.There is no place for wives girlfriends and anyone of same ilk other than to help with first aid,clothes,bookings and generally picking up the things that mouthers do.

Anything more than that within this hot male environment is
begging for trouble,

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Maybe not particularly NSW/Qld stuff, but from my viewing there has been a common thread running though posts from Tahs' fans supporting Beale and wanting him to remain at the Tahs next year even if he is dropped from the Wallabies. Now the main theme seems to have changes to finger pointing at Link to deflect the criticism of Beale.

We'll have to disgree on this point. I haven't detected this at all and think you'll find many a Waratah fan will be just as happy to see the back of Beale.
Link has been drawn in for a couple of reasons - he is the one who brought Beale into the team as starting 5/8 and almost everyone including Waratah fans thought this was mad. He is also the one who personally appointed the Business Manager. I agree that there is little that Link could do if this was a one off incident on a plane, but it seems now that this has been festering for some time - between 2 people who he has brought into the team/squad.

Are you saying he bears no responsibilty at all? If so, he needs to move to politics where the ability to avoid any reponsibility is an art form.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The SMH article said Link knew about the text at the time.

If the matter was handled "in-house" - we'd have to assume that Link knew about it wouldn't we? The ARU aren't asking us to believe that this was handled in-house without his knowledge are they?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
apparently at about the same time as the texts were sent.....
It appears that it was a couple of months later, which is weird considering his relationship with patston (in any form) if it is true he knew about the offending text

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
If the innuendo is true then missing training and team dinners is the least of the issues. The people running the ARU are very highly paid custodians of a major enterprise. If there are legs to this story I wouldn't pay them to run a coffee shop.

Unfortunately I have to disagree - it's sad but these days I care more about my coffee than my rugby

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
It took about 50 pages, but it's nice to see that a small minority of Reds and Brumbies supporters have managed to find their usual ARU/Waratahs consiracy amongst all of this.:rolleyes:

Pfft, I said this was being driven by Tahs HQ back on page 10 :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is good to finally have some of the detail behind this out in the open.

This will help the more artistically gifted members of The Angry Mob with the task of preparing the banners and placards, while the rest locate their pitchforks, cauldrons, and jousting sticks.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Has anyone got any insight as to how the left handed banjo players (ie Queenslanders) are seeing this? Both within & without the team?

Are they painting this as a NSW beat up north of the Tweed?

Silence up there should be seen as tacit agreement.

Some of them are. The very same who have a deck of two cards to play with when the Reds aren't winning.

One marked "Seige Mentality"

The other marked "Victim"

:cool:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
It is good to finally have some of the detail behind this out in the open.

This will help the more artistically gifted members of The Angry Mob with the task of preparing the banners and placards, while the rest locate their pitchforks, cauldrons, and jousting sticks.

I'm actually moving into crossover territory - a placard made with a pitchfork

THE PLACFORK!

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
querty51 said:
You know rugby is big in NZ when Beale being stood down is the lead story on a NZ news site.

... and rugby will have made it when it is front page on The Age

Tiger said:
Unfortunately I have to disagree - it's sad but these days I care more about my coffee than my rugby

Sadly the first thing to go in a badly run coffee shop is the quality of the coffee ....

IS view of the current trending opinion is interesting. If all rumours true then Beale and Link are easier to deal with as the ARU controls the message. Patson must go too but I assume it will cost a packet. Avoiding that one might be the easy way out but Pulver could split or lose the HQ dressing room if he does not act.

Interesting what will happen in the dressing room. McKenzie is looking just like a politician and there will be those who owe their allegiance (not to mention future success) to him etc. How will this play out in the professional era? Those that are unhappy just can't pull out en masse a la 1982 any more.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Patson must go too but I assume it will cost a packet.

Not at all. If Link is cut loose, she's not going to have a job. Make the position redundant and it won't cost more than the time she's been with the ARU + pay for time in lieu of notice + any entitlements she has.

If you want to save a few bob, then take her out of the "team management" role, and give her something menial around the office. Reassure her that every effort is being made to find her something suitable, while doing zero about it. Eventually she will tire of the drudgery and move on.

Either way if she carries this around like a bitter little pill, its to her own detriment because, true or not, she's "the other woman" now.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
If link stays - it will be with an ARU goon as an overseer. The other key players (Di & KB (Kurtley Beale)) are toast.

Pulver / the ARU must take ownership & control of the situation and operate beyond the typical vested interests.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
The 6 stages of loss of respect for ARU:
1. Denial: the texting incident didn't happen.
2. Anger: pitchforks at 20 paces (see Hugh Jarse ad infinitum)
3. Bargaining: key personnel in the debacle struggle, leak information, and dissemble at the independent inquiry in order to keep their jobs.
4. Depression: bloggers, the rugby community, and everyone who loves rugby go into a blue funk about the needless stupidity exhibited by the key personnel and the pall of incompetence exhibited by the ARU.
5. Acceptance: a John Eales-led coup of the ARU sweeps volunteer administrators into the leadership ranks. All costly hangers-on are sacked. A new coach replaces Link. All contracted Australian players are forced to work in the ditches and coach an amateur side so they remember where they came from.
6. A new era emerges: a rejuvenated Wallaby side with self respect, guts and determination, and pride in their history miraculously win the RWC 2015. Grass roots rugby blossoms, sponsors of all levels of rugby emerge, and we can stop calling our team the "(insert sponsor's name here) Wallabies".

A man can hope, can't he?

T

Train Without a Station

Is it possible that the text affair was dealt with by senior players and Patson with the understanding that it was too trivial a matter for a player's career being jeopardized so they didn't take it any further? Or possibly they were also involved, hence, not wanting it to get further.

Makes sense that the players have sided with Kurtley and fought to keep him there. This coming out (which it eventually did), looks very bad on them too.

Which leads me to the first issue. Kurtley. How much of a fucking moron (and a disruptive one at that) is this bloke?

How has he formed a strong opinion of Di Patson in June having never dealt with her before then? She may be the biggest incompetent fuckwit anybody has ever come across. Yet Reds players have dealt with her since 2011 and test players since August 2013 yet suddenly Kurtley is involved and issues arise?

Which leads me back further and the discontent regarding Patson's role. I'm sorry, but unless she is in a performance or selection role within the environment, then the players should just fucking worry about their own jobs. This apparent and alleged sense of entitlement is exactly what's wrong with Australian rugby.

Her role seems to be a logistical and HR hybrid on the road. What exactly is she doing? Setting the itinerary based on what the coaching staff tell her they need and booking accommodation and transport. What else exactly can she be doing? Perhaps assisting in linking media with players as requested. Now her role has encompassed disciplinary matters which one can only assume is in a HR style manner. If the players have an issue with this, perhaps they shouldn't be playing a sport where their team is also a large organisation too. Because that's how things work.

Liken this to the entertainment industry. How would things go if the actors on a poorly rated TV show had issues with the role of a Producer's assistant or somebody who actually had nothing to do with the actual filming and direction of the show?

Providing that Patson was separate from any selection and performance parts of the Wallabies, the players need to seriously shut the fuck up and worry about doing their own jobs well. If Kurtley for example wants to critique her performance, he should worry about fucking learning to tackle adequately.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
formerflanker I love you. I dared to dream.

Only for a moment though, it is possible that you are at stage 1; denial.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Has anyone got any insight as to how the left handed banjo players (ie Queenslanders) are seeing this? Both within & without the team?

Are they painting this as a NSW beat up north of the Tweed?

Silence up there should be seen as tacit agreement.

I understand that two Snr wallabies, both Reds, approached Ewen about Patson's role and querying her responsibility etc. Apparently it was not received well by the coach.

Personally? I have heard plenty of rumours and can not honestly substantiate much of it. All I know is I am fed up with it all and think we need change quickly. I suspect at least two of the three involved will be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.