• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah there were some massive nights in the amateur years, but mostly people just understood that it was rugby blokes having a good time. Papers were busy reporting on the game, not worried about taking photos on their phone (because you couldn't get the thing out of the booth) or gossiping.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yeah there were some massive nights in the amateur years, but mostly people just understood that it was rugby blokes having a good time. Papers were busy reporting on the game, not worried about taking photos on their phone (because you couldn't get the thing out of the booth) or gossiping.

From listening to Greg Growden speak at the Rugby Club ages ago, the journos were the ones providing the corporate credit card at the bar and the amateur players were the ones begging them not to end the night so the free drinks ran out.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm actually going. Don't know if I'll be able to concentrate with Beale-gate running rampant in my subconscious.

The recent news that the Oz women's sevens will be running around with the men will certainly concentrate your mind on what's in front of you! :p

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
This story couldn't have less to do with what Beale was wearing on the plane and being asked to change it.

Really? Because the Mail on it has been that this texting incident happened some time ago and that its been dredged up in response to the T-Shirt argument.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Really? Because the Mail on it has been that this texting incident happened some time ago and that its been dredged up in response to the T-Shirt argument.

Yes really.

Being asked to change his shirt seemingly led to Beale making the snide remark that kicked off the argument on the plane, but this situation is so far beyond being about the shirt.

If it actually revolved around the shirt it wouldn't be the serious situation it is that could easily cost three people their jobs.

If Beale had made the snide remark because Patston wouldn't share her bag of inflight peanuts, would this situation be about a bag of peanuts?

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Yes really.

Being asked to change his shirt seemingly led to Beale making the snide remark that kicked off the argument on the plane, but this situation is so far beyond being about the shirt.

If it actually revolved around the shirt it wouldn't be the serious situation it is that could easily cost three people their jobs.

If Beale had made the snide remark because Patston wouldn't share her bag of inflight peanuts, would this situation be about a bag of peanuts?

I suppose you're onto something there - what this really is about is the utterly pathetic job the Wallabies management team is doing.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Braveheart81 said:
From listening to Greg Growden speak at the Rugby Club ages ago, the journos were the ones providing the corporate credit card at the bar and the amateur players were the ones begging them not to end the night so the free drinks ran out.
My point exactly. Ex players are highly qualified to run the professional game, an intrinsic understanding that to balance spending against a daily allowance you need to find a generous benefactor

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
It's clear now what the team needed....

1399208030907.jpg-620x349.jpg

;)

I love the thought at the time it would have been good, what the Wallabies need is a bit of Chekia as head coach, he put the broom through the Tah's he can do the same up top.

And I've got two perfect assisants .. Larkham Backs coach, Fisher Forward Coach...

T

Train Without a Station

I suppose you're onto something there - what this really is about is the utterly pathetic job the Wallabies management team is doing.

Please genius do tell how you would have managed this better.

Status
Not open for further replies.