• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
You make it sound like we could get the enthusiastic Tah's interns in to do it. You also contradict yourself.

No, it a professional role that requires a higher performer. Its a national team - elite sports.

As for being worlds apart, it begs the question about the recruitment process.

The recruitment process doesn't seem to have been a process at all.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Beale (and Moses) have shown they are prepared to burn the ARU, Patston, McKenzie and the wallabies. Brinkmanship of the highest order to avoid consequences for his actions. His self-destuctiveness is dragging the wallabies down and his mates are too close to understand it.

He can piss off and good riddance.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Action needs to be taken against them too. Their lack of action also shows a total lack of respect. Plus if they concealed an act like this . In my opinion they are guilty too.

I haven't worked in corporate land for a while, but isn't the general policy with this sort of stuff 'going around the office' along the lines of you can't really help what you receive but it's when you forward on that you get in the shit? is there any onus to dob someone in? If AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) say received the text and didn't forward it on, maybe even said something along the lines of 'KB (Kurtley Beale) mate, that sort of shit will get you in trouble', why should he also be in the shit?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
with regards to the corporate analogies, it's a different structure because the players are not only employees but also the product..and they are paid for what they can do on a footy field, not for their brains. So in managing them you would think a commonsense approach would prevail, with a touch of corporate governance, rather than the other way around which is usually the case.

Someone made a comparison to the entertainment industry..Charlie Sheen comes to mind!!

T

Train Without a Station

So because they provide entertainment, the same workplace sexual harassment rules do not apply?

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Oh, and I wouldn't be surprised if Patston seeks legal advice over some of those Fairfax articles as well. I sure as well would if I were her.

It's interesting that there's been a few people seemingly quite irate at Georgina Robinson over this, with some suggesting that she's lied or exaggerated to even "make a name for herself" (kind of unnecessary at this point I'd have thought) and all to eager to pin a lot of negative assumptions and innuendo of that sort.

What's ironic is these are the same people who are so irate on behalf of Patston for similar treatment befalling her.

The question is, what do you all imagine Robinsons job is as a journo if it's not to report on what's happening in the Wallabies' camp, to which she has access to?

As for legal action, given the only stuff they've reported on the affair rumours has been McKenzie's denials there's no defamation case here as far as I can see it. The most harmful thing to Patston's reputation has been her LinkedIn profile debacle, but you can hardly blame fairfax for finding inaccuracies and questioning them. The fact that the answers for those inaccuracies were so odd doesn't suggestion there's much to go on defamation wise.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I haven't worked in corporate land for a while, but isn't the general policy with this sort of stuff 'going around the office' along the lines of you can't really help what you receive but it's when you forward on that you get in the shit? is there any onus to dob someone in? If AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) say received the text and didn't forward it on, maybe even said something along the lines of 'KB (Kurtley Beale) mate, that sort of shit will get you in trouble', why should he also be in the shit?

In some workplaces there is a responsibility to bring this sort of material to the attention of the supervisor, but maybe not in all.

As none of these guys have ever had a real job, it's hardly surprising that they have no idea how a real workplace runs.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Beale (and Moses) have shown they are prepared to burn the ARU, Patston, McKenzie and the wallabies. Brinkmanship of the highest order to avoid consequences for his actions. His self-destuctiveness is dragging the wallabies down and his mates are too close to understand it.

He can piss off and good riddance.

Beale's position has been untenable since the moment he refused to change shirts and compounded it by abusing a member of Wallaby staff. But he's just a symptom - there's quite obviously a deeper problem within the whole set-up.

Going right back to the beginning of the prefessional era, it seems that a sense of entitlement exists in the professional class of Australian rugby. IMO this goes right back to the beginning when the Tony Dempsey led players' association secured the most over-generous pay and conditions imaginable - connived at by the ARU who seemed to think the the good times would last forever and the day of reckoning would never come. Pulver has tried to deal with this and has reined in many of the worst excesses, but the attitude seems to persist.

Sacking, suspending or not renewing Beale's contract won't fix any problems long-term.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

As Quick Hands said above: depends what the policy is. At my work if you didn't report it, you COULD find yourself in trouble. If you distributed it, definitely.

After reading the text content today on Fox, I'd say Beale is finished

BUT

I don't get the fears of Patston going the legal route. She accepted an apology from Beale for that. Case closed.

If she wants to now argue workplace bullying, then OK but texts are inadmissable. The PROCESS by which the matter was dealt with at the time can be put under scrutiny, particularly if she feels it wasn't dealt with by a senior enough authority e.g. Link, who appears unaware of this entire thing.

But sitting on such things reminds me of that slimy little turd in Canberra who got Peter Slipper into trouble - his interview on 60 minutes did not convince anyone that he (turd) was not an idiot. From the very first sexual advance or inappropriate comment he should have reported it. He didn't because he was looking for more gain with the other side.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
^^^ Like most, I feel sorry for Patston. She seems to have been first rate in a business manager type role, organising planes, coaches, accomodation, gear and all those other back room type functions. She has then been given additional responsibilities which included team discipline and other matters which would normally fall within a team manager type role.

It's acceptable to question her suitability for the role, and for the players there's a right way to do that - and that's to the coach, who then replies "I'll look into it" or "I'm happy with the job she's doing, she's following my instructions" and life goes on.

What's not acceptable is sending offensive messages and/or images, or disrespect/abuse - in a plane cabin or elsewhere. It smacks of an inappropriate workplace/team culture - and it needs to be fixed. This sort of stuff impacts on what happens on the field as well.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
She had a year or two experience in a much smaller more business based role. Working in the CMC and working with the wallabies are a world apart.

She had 3 years at the Reds prior to the Wallabies. The Wallabies is basically a part time role when it comes to dealing with players. The Reds is 365 days per year. She didn't seem to have any issues there.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
If we restrict this story to attributed sources and evidence that can be shown, not the agenda of Fairfax and it's journalists, the narrative is vastly different to what has been reported.

T

Train Without a Station

Could Burke be any more of a fuckwit. In his article today he plays on about how the 7 consecutive wins was against lower ranked teams, then talks about how tough the EOYT is against those same fucking teams

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The most harmful thing to Patston's reputation has been her LinkedIn profile debacle, but you can hardly blame fairfax for finding inaccuracies and questioning them. The fact that the answers for those inaccuracies were so odd doesn't suggestion there's much to go on defamation wise.

Except that clearly there was concern for legal action as they pulled the original article very quickly, and all mentions to the story now revolves around how they "found innacuracies in her LinkedIn profile......... blah blah blah blah blah............ but they were unfounded."

Rupert Guinness was irresponsible in reporting such claims before fully checking the facts, and now the damage is done as idiots across the internet still reference those false claims to discredit Patston.

Status
Not open for further replies.