• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I didn't really follow this story over the weekend but Growden is today reporting that "the ARU would be relieved that Patston has resigned."

Has anyone seen that being reported elsewhere?

It's going to be another long week in Australian rugby...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Perhaps the answer to that was in KB (Kurtley Beale)'s text: sometimes he just does stupid stuff for no reason.

Some would say that he does that on the field, as well as off field.

Meanwhile in other news:
The "Quade Telling It How It Is" Thread took 3 days to get to 13 pages, a further 5 days to crack 50 pages, and broke the tonne after another 54 days, peaking at 135 pages on December 15 2012 (3 months) before eventually dying on page 137 on December 17 2013.

By contrast, this baby took 2 days to get to 13 pages, 8 days for the half century (same as Quade), and by all accounts will crack the tonne on Wednesday, 14 days after @TOCC started it all.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The publisher of allegedly defamatory material can be anyone who takes part in the publication or replication of such material, so you may be responsible for material posted by others on your blog and potentially liable for defamation.

The keyboard warriors who have posted hurtful and innacurate rubbish about matters such as Ewan McKenzie's family on this thread might want to take note. Whilst you might get a sick kick out of anonymously publishing malicously defamatory material, you are exposing the hard working volunteers who moderate/run this site to potential legal action. Try writing about Rugby.
I understand what your saying but I think we would be pretty safe. It's not right but my bet is Link and the ARU has bigger fish to fry.

Oh and it may suck but the last thing they would want is to piss of hardcore rugby fans the life blood of there sport. We may not be the smartest bunch but we put 100 plus pages About Kurtley Beale.

Sometimes you need to weigh up the risk of litigation.. It's low here.

But I do agree we shouldn't talk about anything but the situation at hand.

T

Train Without a Station

I didn't really follow this story over the weekend but Growden is today reporting that "the ARU would be relieved that Patston has resigned."

Has anyone seen that being reported elsewhere?

It's going to be another long week in Australian rugby...

Probably speculation over the alleged players' issues with her. Her resigning resolves that matter at least.

The further this matter goes on the more confident I was right on my initial summation.

Patson graciously did Beale a favor by not escalating the texts in June. Whether she did it out of kindness, or to get some playing support remains unknown. But isn't too relevant.

The players issues are not anything to do with Patson's competence, performance or any other matters to do with her performance in her role. But likely stem from a sense of entitlement, resentment of any changes in procedures and are issues with her actual role, rather than her performance in the role.

That's the way it seems to be coming together if you ignore the utter speculation reported, and just follow those which are being reported as fact. They could be false and I may be wrong though.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Probably speculation over the alleged players' issues with her. Her resigning resolves that matter at least.

The further this matter goes on the more confident I was right on my initial summation.

Patson graciously did Beale a favor by not escalating the texts in June. Whether she did it out of kindness, or to get some playing support remains unknown. But isn't too relevant.

The players issues are not anything to do with Patson's competence, performance or any other matters to do with her performance in her role. But likely stem from a sense of entitlement, resentment of any changes in procedures and are issues with her actual role, rather than her performance in the role.

That's the way it seems to be coming together if you ignore the utter speculation reported, and just follow those which are being reported as fact. They could be false and I may be wrong though.
What gets me is how and why was he sending stuff about her on his first day. I know he said he does dumb shit for no reason.

But someone else must of at least made him think that the texts be funny.

Maybe others have had issues and KB (Kurtley Beale) jumped on the bandwagon with out knowing her. And just to make sure she knew he sent it too her..

I would like to add Whatsapp is a shit app.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
What gets me is how and why was he sending stuff about her on his first day. I know he said he does dumb shit for no reason.

But someone else must of at least made him think that the texts be funny.

Maybe others have had issues and KB (Kurtley Beale) jumped on the bandwagon with out knowing her. And just to make sure she knew he sent it too her..

I would like to add Whatsapp is a shit app.

Or it's a habitual sort of thing he does. I coach guys not much younger than him. From the garbage I've seen them receive (and maybe what they send), I think what Beale sent out might be considered perfectly normal for some.

Which may actually be a bigger problem for everyone.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Or it's a habitual sort of thing he does. I coach guys not much younger than him. From the garbage I've seen them receive (and maybe what they send), I think what Beale sent out might be considered perfectly normal for some.

Which may actually be a bigger problem for everyone.

:( sigh..

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
Did anyone notice that Growden has tweeted that Cheika has been approached to take over the Wallabies?

I can only hope that's clickbait at this point.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Agreed Tomikin - stinks to the high heavens of other players involved. Surely...no..it couldn't be..but..maybe..not that's crazy.. but just maybe the other players were senior players who have been feeding a story to Fairfax to protect their own arses?
Kurtley's no genius and he does strike me as someone who wants to be accepted and may play the joker etc to feel accepted. Nothing wrong with that lots of people do. What he doesn't strike me as is someone who'd make some campaign against a lady he doesn't know.

Either way his screwed the pooch and it what it is

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
The publisher of allegedly defamatory material can be anyone who takes part in the publication or replication of such material, so you may be responsible for material posted by others on your blog and potentially liable for defamation.

The keyboard warriors who have posted hurtful and innacurate rubbish about matters such as Ewan McKenzie's family on this thread might want to take note. Whilst you might get a sick kick out of anonymously publishing malicously defamatory material, you are exposing the hard working volunteers who moderate/run this site to potential legal action. Try writing about Rugby.

Does anyone know what the GAGR corporate structure is? You'd hope that there is some sort of 'greenandgoldrugby pty limited' to cordon off liability from the admins.

T

Train Without a Station

What he doesn't strike me as is someone who'd make some campaign against a lady he doesn't know.

I'm sure Issac Moses would be more than willing to handle these sorts of things in defense of his meal ticket. Potentially would be so willing he in fact wouldn't even ask, or make said meal ticket aware.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member

Want to show me where that material is?

We've worked hard to allow discussion of events based on evidence rather than speculation - deleting many posts and closing threads.

If you find otherwise, please flag those posts and we'll deal with them.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The "Report" function is at the bottom of each post - see attached sample.

DON'T report that post though :)

Attachments

• report.jpg
    report.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 227

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Does anyone know what the GAGR corporate structure is? You'd hope that there is some sort of 'greenandgoldrugby pty limited' to cordon off liability from the admins.

Close, but not entirely accurate. When you signed up, the terms and conditions clearly stated that you accepted full liability for anything said on this site by anyone, including yourself.

Alternatively, Green and Gold Rugby Pty Ltd may or may not be related to this website.

T

Train Without a Station

I think Beale's behaviour has been atrocious and the end result will be that his employment is terminated but I just don't believe that this issue starts and ends with him and there is no one else involved.

I'd say you're spot on there considering the issue came about 1 day after he met Patson.

Based on the leniency she showed Beale she hardly comes across as a harsh disciplinarian, power-tripping ladder climber, or any number of things that would allow somebody to immediately form a negative opinion of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.