• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I'm not going to bother with the Beale stuff, because to be frank I no longer care about the details. Beale will be gone and it's that simple.

The point the article was making, and which I agree with, is that there's been a conga line of guys like this out of Australian Rugby over the past decade, and to me that suggests something fundamentally wrong with the set-up.

You don't think McKenzie has any responsibility here? You wouldn't look at your MD's judgement if a perpetual shit generating incident like this occurred on his watch and with people he personally selected? Fine, but this whole thing is becoming a side show and we're papering over the cracks.

Link has been in charge for a year and it's been less than a rosy affair so far. Maybe you're right and he's just incredibly unlucky and it's really just all Beale, and things will be perfect once Beale is gone.

But I seriously doubt it.
You acknowledge it has been happening for 10 years. 4(?) coaches and McKenzie has been there for just over 1. What makes you think then Cheika will have any more success? AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has been there the longest maybe it his fault? If things are so bad as you say changing coaches won't fix it.

T

Train Without a Station

The same reason i defend Hooper as a player. I have this crazy habit of defending people who have proven to perform.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
You acknowledge it has been happening for 10 years. 4(?) coaches and McKenzie has been there for just over 1. What makes you think then Cheika will have any more success? AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has been there the longest maybe it his fault? If things are so bad as you say changing coaches won't fix it.

To be honest, I really don't know it will and I don't want Cheika to get the job as things stand now. I reckon the problems in Australian rugby clearly extend well into St Leonards, but by the same token I don't get why people think McKenzie should be able to wash his hands of this like doesn't have some responsibility.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Why, I honestly don't know, but you're both defending Link like he was family for some reason, and neither of you have been able to tell me why he doesn't bare some responsibility here when all this shit involves people he selected. Oh, and there's also the rather uncomfortable fact that the team has a win ratio of 52%.

I just want you to clarify something............

Are you suggesting it's Link's fault that Di Patston received derogatory, sexist text messages.

Or is it his fault that he selected Beale, who sent Di Patston said messages?

I'm not sure how the win ratio applies here?

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
The same reason i defend Hooper as a player. I have this crazy habit of defending people who have proven to perform.

It looks pretty selective to me, but whatever, I don't really care anymore.

Sure, Link is completely innocent here - he just happened to be in charge and selected all the people involved. Makes perfect sense that he should be immune from criticism.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
MJOLNIR! TO ME!

75597-43552-thor_super.jpg

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
MJOLNIR! TO ME!

TEH BAN HAMMAR!
----------------------------------
I must admit, I do wonder what the point of this tribunal is if McKenzie or Patson are not giving evidence; if you're going to appoint a magistrate and make things independent and transparent, surely one should encourage these two to give their stories, even if made by affadavit. Looks like I'm not Robinson Crusoe in that regard.

T

Train Without a Station

Can somebody please advise why they think it is unfair if the victim, and the manager who wanted to send the alleged home immediately after finding out, do not attend?

Surely they would only be compelled to give evidence against the alleged, and without them the defense against it would be stronger?

Anyway, I'm sickened by the amount of players that are coming out and commenting on this, but completely ignoring the transgressions and saying things like it would be a shame if he was "lost" to NRL, etc over this.

No, that would be the best resolution in maintaining standards.

What would be a shame, is if he was actually innocent of this and he was penalized and punished. That's what would be the greatest shame.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
The ARU has to investigate. The allegations relate to work place health and saftey for its employees. If they don't, they leave themselves open to investigation and sanction by Workcover.

Patston doesn't have to participate in the Kurtley inquiry, but it is possible for her to bring a case separately against either the ARU or Kurtley for providing an unsafe workplace environement/harrasment.

Hopefully its all wrapped up one way or the other today, but it might not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.