• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

League Targets

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I’d take Billy Smith in a heart beat. Big, fast baller runner that has a genuine background in Rugby.

Can goal kick as well. Think the Roosters we’re hoping Crichton would move on so they could re sign him.

Blake is an interesting one. For the right price I wouldn’t mind seeing how he goes. Very much a try scorer but I think he’d be a Winger only in Rugby skill set wise. He would be a hell of a guy to go into a 7s side though.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
And they’ll sell the he’s from Perth shit. Read the Cowboys might be interested in him.

Please don’t RA. Let him just go to Super League for 90k.
How about Jarome Laui? He's on the market.
and he lurks these forums now… Answer would be no though. He jinks cross field half the time which is ok in league because it’s like a touch set up to a play but in Rugby you’re stuffed.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Wouldn't mind Rugby trying to bring back Jeral Skelton from the Dogs.

He's off contract at the end of 2024. They have signed a number of Backs for next season so who knows where he sits.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wouldn't mind Rugby trying to bring back Jeral Skelton from the Dogs.

He's off contract at the end of 2024. They have signed a number of Backs for next season so who knows where he sits.
For what? As a centre for Super Rugby? Look I'd like to keep rugby guys in rugby but if he isn't making the wallabies I'm not too fussed.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I wonder if Flag Footy will partner with league (much the same way league has taken on touch footy) to provide that Olympic link that previously was only the domain of rugby and soccer?

Might see some leaguies give flag footy ago and represent Australia on the world stage only we could really provide before.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
He was certainly getting better with the consistent game time but still to my point I don't see him as a difference maker at Super Rugby or potential Wallaby.
Maybe not but he’s a guy with a lot of potential upside for his price.

He’d be in the 25-30 mark for contracts at the Dogs. So probably on from the minimum 110k to max 200k. The other name being touted is Bailey Simonsson. I’d guess he’s on 350k-400k and they probably sit at about the same level of need for Rugby. If anything Skelton would be able to play Center better than Bailey and we are shorter around Super Rugby in that then outside backs.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Take Wong off the wish list. For now at least.

Two year extension with the Rooster for 850k through 2026 (current deal in place for 24). They've done a good deal there with so many organisations chasing him.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
One for the Kiwis in here

Goes the other way to what we want, but the Tigers are in talks for Solomon Alaimalo. Bit of a journeyman outside back but he's a pretty big unit which they like on a Wing for the high balls I guess.