• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

League Targets

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
ACE194A9-F881-42FC-8F05-B1A88FFD03BB.jpeg

The journo after writing that.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
There’s a fair bit of Shaq in his early years about Haas to me he just wants to be the highest paid player no matter what.
I think he’s a great league prop but can’t would only be an 8 or 13 which is far from the Wobs biggest issues interms of positions & going to cost us as much as Joseph to get him

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
8 only.

He’s a freak of an athlete but wouldn’t have the lateral footwork for 13. Elite amongst big men but a quick mid size would get on his outside.

I think he’d be devastating at 8 with his leg speed at his size. He has instant speed which would work in Rugby with the reduced gap between attacker and defender around the ruck.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
8 only.

He’s a freak of an athlete but wouldn’t have the lateral footwork for 13. Elite amongst big men but a quick mid size would get on his outside.

I think he’d be devastating at 8 with his leg speed at his size. He has instant speed which would work in Rugby with the reduced gap between attacker and defender around the ruck.

I have absolute no doubt he would be good & possibly a star but doubly as good as bobby v at around 1.4-1.5?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I don’t want him. 1 good game a month to keep him relevant. He’s even being put in the too hard basket by the Bulldogs who are atrocious.

Seems loose cannon without the performance to look past his behaviour. Imagine the suspensions this guy would have. Swinton would look like a role model.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Haas re signed with Brisbane but for a 3 year contract worth 1.2m not the 4 year they offered earlier.

Intresting with a 2027 RWC. No doubt keeping that as his next bargaining point when he can begin negotiating in November 2025.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yep and I don’t doubt RA throwing money at him this time around, would have given him 4 years in the game and hopefully he’s in his prime as a world class No.8 for the 2027 RWC.

Different proposition throwing the same money at him and then hoping for the same outcome with a much shorter turnaround.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Agree. I don’t think we’ll see him in 27 it’s just going to be another bargaining chip for him.

Worked so far.

He’s only 23 which is surprising for most because he’s been around since a teenager as a front rower which is rare.

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)
wouldnt be suprised if tevita pangai junior turns up in rugby at some point. would play 13. think having the offside line closer benefits him and his ball running/offload game more. athletic gifts there but definitely a headcase

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)
Agree. I don’t think we’ll see him in 27 it’s just going to be another bargaining chip for him.

Worked so far.

He’s only 23 which is surprising for most because he’s been around since a teenager as a front rower which is rare.

payne haas is a unicorn athlete and a psycho trainer at 18 he was leading nsw sprints/endurance testing for all players. family very troubled off field so hard to see him leaving broncos ever as have looked after him but will constantly use rugby as leverage.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
payne haas is a unicorn athlete and a psycho trainer at 18 he was leading nsw sprints/endurance testing for all players. family very troubled off field so hard to see him leaving broncos ever as have looked after him but will constantly use rugby as leverage.
And it just got worse. Younger brother charged with trafficking Ice….

Got some big legal bills coming. Surprised his performance hasn’t tanked with everything. Mum & Brother charged and another passed away a year ago or so.
wouldnt be suprised if tevita pangai junior turns up in rugby at some point. would play 13. think having the offside line closer benefits him and his ball running/offload game more. athletic gifts there but definitely a headcase
Pangai won’t have the discipline to be an elite Boxer. He’ll have a couple fights v RSL bouncers then pop up at a team like the Storm on massive unders this time next year.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
And it just got worse. Younger brother charged with trafficking Ice….

Got some big legal bills coming. Surprised his performance hasn’t tanked with everything. Mum & Brother charged and another passed away a year ago or so.

Pangai won’t have the discipline to be an elite Boxer. He’ll have a couple fights v RSL bouncers then pop up at a team like the Storm on massive unders this time next year.

cant see belly wanting him

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
You know what I mean though. Some contender will sign him for 250k when he’s on 750k right now. Even as a short term rental like Penrith used him for about 6 games. Belly might tolerate him because he wouldn’t get away with his shit there. Players would call him out.