• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions in South Africa 2021

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)
The Tour is fast becoming a farce. Lions playing the Sharks in Jo'burg last night in front of no fans. Finn Russell was the only back on the bench, Faletau in jersey 23. LRZ playing on the wing in number 10. Farrell playing at 10 without a number. Josh Adams playing at fullback. The standard of Rugby was close to 2nd grade Shute Shield, glorified training run. They need to put a line through it ASAP

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Bulls getting thrashed in Italy and Lions killing the Sa Lions and Sharks. SA's talent pool is razor thin. Too many good players have left and they are laving younger and younger. However, to me this Sharks outfit looks really poorly coached.

I would be surprised if any more games are played before the tests. I suspect they will hang out to play tests. Even if the whole lot have to isolate for 2 weeks and tart again. It's madness.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Bulls getting thrashed in Italy and Lions killing the Sa Lions and Sharks. SA's talent pool is razor thin. Too many good players have left and they are laving younger and younger. However, to me this Sharks outfit looks really poorly coached.
Happening to all of us. Feel your pain.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
So playing the sharks again pending they have enough players pass covid tests? seriously wtf is going on???? also only 10 days isolation in RSA. This is shambles.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
So playing the sharks again pending they have enough players pass covid tests? seriously wtf is going on???? also only 10 days isolation in RSA. This is shambles.

What else do you propose they do?

Just give up?

The ultimate goal is the test matches. Should they not at least try everything in their power to make that happen?

It's easy to sit here fro ma distance and bag everything but at least there is a real effort to make Lions tests happen. I am on board with that.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
It can only have been accelerated by joining a European comp. Fair game from there surely and your best talent on parade in front of the scouts.

Not really. This is the pointy end of what was already happening before those decisions.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
to me this Sharks outfit looks really poorly coached.

And Curwin Bosch, rather than being the second coming, is actually a skilled player who looks just like any other 10 behind a beaten pack.

Mako Vunipola's scrum work was atrocious for the first half. Just terrible basics on foot placement and levers.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
And Curwin Bosch, rather than being the second coming, is actually a skilled player who looks just like any other 10 behind a beaten pack.

Mako Vunipola's scrum work was atrocious for the first half. Just terrible basics on foot placement and levers.

Bosch never cummed I mean came, no.

Most the Sharks pack is military medium at best except Buthelezi at 8 who is a real prospect.

They are out of their depth, sadly.

Please let them play Vunipola against the Boks again. It will be liked 20129 all over again. The second cumming, sorry, coming.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
iu

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
So Boks had to call reinforcements to be able to field an SA A team.

A few more cases and I think this whole thing is toast.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Ps the way that the virus got into the Bok camp is thought to be a result of Lood de Jager's visit to a vaccination clinic to get a shot. Not sure to laugh or cry. o_O

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
turns out it's a 4 test tour

South Africa A side is not an A side at all

South Africa A: Willie le Roux, Cheslin Kolbe, Lukhanyo Am (capt), Damian de Allende, S'bu Nkosi, Mornée Steyn, Faf de Klerk, Jasper Wiese, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Marco van Staden, Franco Mostert, Eben Etzebeth, Trevor Nyakane, Joseph Dweba, Steven Kitshoff
Reerves: Malcolm Marx, -Coenie Oosthuizen, Vincent Koch, Nicolaas Janse van Rensburg, Rynhardt Elstadt, Herschel Jantjies, Jesse Kriel, Damian Willemse, Kwagga Smith, Elton Jantjies.
Lions: Anthony Watson, Louis Rees-Zammit, Chris Harris, Bundee Aki, Josh Adams, Dan Biggar, Conor Murray (captain), Taulupe Faletau, Tom Curry, Josh Navidi, Iain Henderson, Maro Itoje, Kyle Sinckler, Ken Owens, Wyn Jones.
Reserves: Luke Cowan-Dickie, Mako Vunipola, Zander Fagerson, Adam Beard, Tadhg Beirne, Sam Simmonds, Gareth Davies, Elliot Daly.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Happy with that

Our guys need to play.

turns out it's a 4 test tour

South Africa A side is not an A side at all

South Africa A: Willie le Roux, Cheslin Kolbe, Lukhanyo Am (capt), Damian de Allende, S'bu Nkosi, Mornée Steyn, Faf de Klerk, Jasper Wiese, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Marco van Staden, Franco Mostert, Eben Etzebeth, Trevor Nyakane, Joseph Dweba, Steven Kitshoff
Reerves: Malcolm Marx, -Coenie Oosthuizen, Vincent Koch, Nicolaas Janse van Rensburg, Rynhardt Elstadt, Herschel Jantjies, Jesse Kriel, Damian Willemse, Kwagga Smith, Elton Jantjies.
Lions: Anthony Watson, Louis Rees-Zammit, Chris Harris, Bundee Aki, Josh Adams, Dan Biggar, Conor Murray (captain), Taulupe Faletau, Tom Curry, Josh Navidi, Iain Henderson, Maro Itoje, Kyle Sinckler, Ken Owens, Wyn Jones.
Reserves: Luke Cowan-Dickie, Mako Vunipola, Zander Fagerson, Adam Beard, Tadhg Beirne, Sam Simmonds, Gareth Davies, Elliot Daly.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
8 of the 15 started the RWC Final
13 of the 23 were in the RWC final squad

I would call it an SA A+ squad

Missing:
Kolisi
Malherbe
Pollard
F Steyn
De Jager
Vermeulen
Mapimpi

All except Steyn are certain starters if fit and available.