• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions in South Africa 2021

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I tried to watch some of that earlier but gave up pretty quickly. Yeah, plenty of us complain about refereeing errors but that was a next-level sook. Painful.

All I took away from it was that Nic Berry was having a sleep at 5pm on a Sunday

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Get your hands on the latest Rassie video.

1 hour of grenade throwing. Imagine if Cheik had released something like this after a loss.

A ruck is formed when at least one player from each team are in contact, on their feet and over the ball which is on the ground. Source www.laws.worldrugby.org

My god, this is painfull but listened while doing some reports at work. Love that foul play should be penalized over the knock on even when not dangerous.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
A ruck is formed when at least one player from each team are in contact, on their feet and over the ball which is on the ground. Source www.laws.worldrugby.org

My god, this is painfull but listened while doing some reports at work. Love that foul play should be penalized over the knock on even when not dangerous.

Haven't heard Rassie's rant, but foul play has always been penalized over a knock on, or even off side penalties etc.
F*** me I dislike this shit so much, as everyone on here knows I dislike wankers on internet forums moan bleat about ref, but this is so much worse . He needs to be stood down , but the thing is I suspect he would still just carry on coaching behind scenes!!!!:mad::mad:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez now Kolisi has joined the bandwagon against Berry, suggesting that he wasn't respected etc etc.
I say again when do we remember the old respect the refs etc? It just happens too bloody much!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Haven't heard Rassie's rant, but foul play has always been penalized over a knock on, or even off side penalties etc.
F*** me I dislike this shit so much, as everyone on here knows I dislike wankers on internet forums moan bleat about ref, but this is so much worse . He needs to be stood down , but the thing is I suspect he would still just carry on coaching behind scenes!!!!:mad::mad:
Bit harsh to call me a wanker Dan ;)

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
After reading a bit more about this I am starting to wonder if this is not SARU throwing the toys out of the cot and having tantrum about how mean the Rugby worlds is because they have realised that they have shat their bed organisationally - thus the spectacular attention seeking "nobody loves us, you are all mean to us- we will eat worms" all on social media tantty!

The limelight and aura of the RWC is fading and the self anointed Rugby powerhouse of work rugby have screwed Japan and the Asian market with the no-vote thing, they were happy to ditch NZ and AU except for the Rugby Championship, The Argies don't offer much, their Domestic comp is stagnated, and the yellow brick road to Europe thus far has really not done much for them except take them to the outskirts of European rugby.......

I am thinking the mighty have realised the have pooched themselves and are pissed off as the wheels are falling off. If they lose to the the Lions it will be humiliating and confirm the decline has started.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Drunk lockdown thoughts. Wobs and AB backlines tear new assholes through these flops. Talk about 10 man rugby jesus christ this shit is abortive.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Drunk lockdown thoughts. Wobs and AB backlines tear new assholes through these flops. Talk about 10 man rugby jesus christ this shit is abortive.

Glad you added drunk lockdown thoughts Derpus, I worried we will win enough ball to do much against these buggers.
I really enjoyed it, thought it was good.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lions were very disappointing in second half. As a Lions supporter gutted losing to SA.

Complete contrast to second half Lions played last week. Hopefully they lift their game.

I think this shows where the balance of world rugby has shifted in recent years ie. Northern Hemisphere sides much stronger and SA very hard to beat given very phyisical game and defence coupled with ability to select any SA player playing anywhere in the world gives them an advantage over AB and Oz sides who don't (and shouldn't in my view).

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
The foul play he wanted penalized was a holding back, even though SA had already knocked the ball on.

I agree foul play should be penalized when dangerous, but this was a case of the ref getting it right and him complaining.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
LOL@Dan Biggar and his chickenshit garbage up-and-under agenda. "I've got the best rugby talent from 4 nations assembled outside me but still dont trust any of them to make anything happen on the rugby field and would rather resort to turning our possession into yet another 50/50 in the hope that we can get the ball back..... so I can hoist another 50/50 up-and-under".