• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour 2025

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
confirmed:

Saturday 28 June: Lions vs Western Force, Optus Stadium, Perth

Wednesday 2 July: Lions vs Queensland Reds, Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Saturday 5 July: Lions vs New South Wales Waratahs, Allianz Stadium, Sydney

Wednesday 9 July: Lions vs ACT Brumbies, GIO Stadium, Canberra

Saturday 12 July: Lions vs Invitational AU & NZ XV, Adelaide Oval, Adelaide

Saturday 19 July: Lions v Wallabies (First Test), Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Tuesday 22 July: Lions v Melbourne Rebels, Marvel Stadium, Melbourne

Saturday 26 July: Lions v Wallabies (Second Test), Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne

Saturday 2 August: Lions v Wallabies (Third Test), Accor Stadium, Sydney

That's a mighty fine month of rugby

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Pissed off the Rebels v Lions is not at AAMI park, using Marvel for that game and the MCG for the test match cause both games were sold out last time round.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Pissed off the Rebels v Lions is not at AAMI park, using Marvel for that game and the MCG for the test match cause both games were sold out last time round.
Can you blame them? Marvel is nearly double the capacity, and MCG is over triple. More money, and more fans getting to experience it live

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
this is smart business, Reds membership; I am likely now to buy a membership for 2024 and 2025 so that I can guarantee a ticket to the Wallabies test match against the lions
IMG_1032.jpeg

IMG_1031.jpeg

Last edited:

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Beat me to it - don't think it's guaranteed Wobs ticket though? Only a ballot entry (for allocation of two tickets)
Yeah the email they sent out said you'll "increase your ballot entries for tickets to the Wallabies versus Lions Test matches". So it looks like at least one extra ballot entry from having a 2023 2024 membership.

Last edited:

Chucamuca

Bob McCowan (2)
Yeah idk why RA is avoiding AAMI lately, but hopefully a sold out Marvel will make the rebels game worth it. MCG atmosphere will be awesome being the second test

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeah the email they sent out said you'll "increase your ballot entries for tickets to the Wallabies versus Lions Test matches". So it looks like at least one extra ballot entry from having a 2023 membership.
Not sure about 23 membership, but says 24 membership holders will receive an extra.

I'm assuming this means general public will also have a ballot system? Or maybe set number of seats reserved for Super members and public will be a free for all?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Probably different categories for the ballot.. i.e. 20k for the public, 5k for reds members, 20k for touring groups etc.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not sure about 23 membership, but says 24 membership holders will receive an extra.

I'm assuming this means general public will also have a ballot system? Or maybe set number of seats reserved for Super members and public will be a free for all?
Yeah, my bad, I meant 2024, just typed 2023 by default

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Probably different categories for the ballot.. i.e. 20k for the public, 5k for reds members, 20k for touring groups etc.
It'll be interesting to see how they work it for membership groups.

Thankfully I manage my group so I can give myself first pick of any tickets that come back from the 6+ members we're running

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
On a related note, does anyone know how the stadium membership works with test matches like this at Suncorp, i know know not all events are included in the stadium membership, but does the stadium member get first rights to their seat?

They’re pretty decently priced if you know someone you can share the ticket with for NRL matches

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
On a related note, does anyone know how the stadium membership works with test matches like this at Suncorp, i know know not all events are included in the stadium membership, but does the stadium member get first rights to their seat?

They’re pretty decently priced if you know someone you can share the ticket with for NRL matches
They bill it generally as "guaranteed access to every event" but I imagine the fine print on that might class a ballot entry as "access". I can't see them getting the same early access for a 2024 membership and you'll probably just have to wait and see for the 2025 offering.

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
this is smart business, Reds membership; I am likely now to buy a membership for 2024 and 2025 so that I can guarantee a ticket to the Wallabies test match against the lions
View attachment 16895
View attachment 16894
Waratahs have offered the same deal. RA has gone on a money grab and proved Phil Waugh is still just a banker at heart by offering Wallabies First Lions Edition Memberships @$1,899 for the right, NOT actual tickets, to get priority access to purchase 2x tickets all Lions matches plus the usual scarf, beanies etc and a RWC2023 Stan subscription. No word on how this impacts existing Wallabies First members.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
View attachment 16895
View attachment 16894
I found it to be the opposite. Why does my Ruby membership not give me first crack at paying for my ticket?

The better sell would be, be a member in 2024 and 2025 and guarantee your seat at all three games.

Putting members into ballot means you run the risk of not getting a ticket which seems counter productive to give back to your base.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I found it to be the opposite. Why does my Ruby membership not give me first crack at paying for my ticket?

The better sell would be, be a member in 2024 and 2025 and guarantee your seat at all three games.

Putting members into ballot means you run the risk of not getting a ticket which seems counter productive to give back to your base.
BILs tours aren't about giving back to your base, they're about exploiting the living fuck out of them as a consequence of charging through the roof for the wealthy young single blokes and greybeards that come a-touring.