• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour 2025

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
We need at least 1 Aussie.
Yeah, agree. That's why I'd rather a selection of NZ players who are playing in the Aussie Super teams rather than those who would otherwise be in the running for ABs spots who are playing elsewhere. Let NZ look after them, but we could give those who are, or who will soon be, eligible for the Wallabies a chance to show what they've got against high quality opposition.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
it’s in the July test window so he could fit in!
It's not a real test so he wouldnt get released.

This will be up to NZ A & , AUS A players (barring those in brumbies as it is only 3 days after their game), and whatever big names we can get approval as a favour by the japanese clubs in their offseason.

yastayuffie

Frank Row (1)
i like your this opinion first paragraph, how tour to indo
Interesting article in the Australian, copied main parts cause of paywall

https://www.theaustralian,com.au/sp...t/news-story/63b02683cfedef15f3443ae0347dce3f by gtj

Brisbane and Perth are set to battle it out for the last remaining British and Irish Lions Test on the 2025 tour of Australia – although it is possible both cities could emerge as winners.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
It's not a real test so he wouldnt get released.

This will be up to NZ A & , AUS A players (barring those in brumbies as it is only 3 days after their game), and whatever big names we can get approval as a favour by the japanese clubs in their offseason.

pretty sure like rwc entire lions series are protected

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I still not sure why NZ names are being tossed around to be honest, all the best ones will be tied uo with French tour, I wonder what PI/Japan/Pumas teams have on at that time.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Actually Lions tests are considered full test caps, they never use to be but the status was changed by IRB at some stage to reward caps.

Yeah, the Tests are tests. So the game against Argentina would be full releases.

But the combined Aus/NZ side is an invitational side, not a capped one: I can't imagine that it will be open season here, rather at the discretion of the club sides.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
The game is on the 12/7 & doesn't clash with any club competition

Yeah, but to my understanding, it would be much the same as Foley not getting to play for the Barbarians when he was released for Aus A. One is a protected fixture, one is a negotiation you have with your club based on the potential for injury etc.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Tickets announced to go on sale March 18 - unsure of the specifics (i.e., ballot, first come first served, etc.)

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
I was just looking at this, I think the 18/3 is just when tickets go on sale to general public for the tour games (not tests). Most people on here would have already jumped the queue through other sources.

I don’t think tickets for the test matches go on sale after the ballots which is not until early 2025.

You can get tickets now through some packages but pretty expensive

my query is that if I currently have 7 gold super rugby memberships for 2024 and assuming I re-sign for 2025 I believe that gives me 14 ballot entries.

But is the maximum possible tickets I can be offered still only 2 tickets or could I be drawn in the ballot multiple times and get more than 2 tickets?

The other issue I guess is if you definitely want to go to the Brisbane test then there is no guarantee that is the game you will be offered in the ballot?