• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Vs Reds. Bloem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
PaarlBok said:
Lions
Michael Killian, Wigan Pekeur, Walter Venter, Doppies la Grange,
Wandile Mjekevu, Carlos Spencer, Jano Vermaak, Derick Minnie, Wikus van
Heerden
, Cobus Grobbelaar (c), Franco van der Merwe, Nico Luus, Gert
Muller
, Hannes Franklin, Heinke van der Merwe.

Reserves: Hans van Dyk, JC Janse van Rensburg, Willem Stoltz, Todd Clever,
Jacque Coetzee, Herkie Kruger, Marius Delport.

The best Lions team this year, going be a big game for them.

What a team of no name hacks. They have no chance.

And on the Reds team - looks like Byrnes has been given the flick after signing with the Rebels.

T

tranquility

ha ha. I do rate the lion hearted skipper Grobbelaar though.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
PaarlBok said:
Hope you two dont disappear if the Lions reams the Reds on saturday. :fishing

Agreed. Surely, given the injury to Brussow, he would be in the frame to be the Springbok openside this year.

A genuine fetcher added so much more depth to their game last year. I wouldn't imagine they would go back to the two blindsiders approach unless necessary.

Then again picking between Juan and Schalk would be a nightmare.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Dont forget Wikus van Heerden and the young Minnie. Myself see Wikus play perfect with the new rulings and Minnie to, this three can be lethal together on the ground and at the breakdowns.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
Dont forget Wikus van Heerden and the young Minnie. Myself see Wikus play perfect with the new rulings and Minnie to, this three can be lethal together on the ground and at the breakdowns.

Good for you, PB. Great recovery from last weekend's floggings. Not quite at your pre-games belligerent best yet. :) :)

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
la grange is the key to their backfield attack. he's a slippery one and always looking to get the hands free in the tackle. stifle him and they should be well contained. a Fainga'a seems the man for the job.

the lions are never short on effort and shouldn't be completely discounted. give them a sniff and they'll get their tails up.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
If my memory dont serve me wrong Biff declare the Reds dead after round 1, Reddy calls the Lions no name hacks, Ive learn over the years writting any S14 team off beforehand can bite ya!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Thank you. Brilliant as usual. Just 1 question how do I make the second page print the right way up in duplex printing?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Don't think that's a team of "no names", but I don't recognise many of those names and I would think it is comprised half of "no names" - at least to most Super rugby fans. Not that there's anything wrong with being a team of mostly "no names" - most talents were "no names" at one stage or another to everyone but close followers of the team they start out with. Unfortunately though, this Lions team hasn't shown much this year and I think will really struggle against the Reds after just returning from a poor tour.

Grobelaar, Vermaak and van Heerden are all very handy, but I have doubts over van Heerden as it is his first game back from the NH and he may struggle to fit into the Lions team initially. I wouldn't expect much from him for a few games.

Clever is maybe a bit unlucky to be dropped. Rotation or otherwise?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Nope, no rotation, 5 s14 players had been dropped to the Vodacom (inc Rose) and replaced by form Vodacom players (inc Wikus) who has whipped Griquas, last year Voda champs in the 40s in the last round.

No name or unknown to most Aussies but at home the Lions will be a totally different team, geuss we,ll wait and see if Muir can turn them around.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
spectator said:
We ignore Paarl's bleatings at our own peril. The Lions will be up for this match.

Could not agree more. I can't help remember when the Lions played the Cheifs. :eek: I can't also forget us taking them for granted last year and losing in Brisbane. :eek: The game can be won, but by no means is it in the bag.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
If my memory dont serve me wrong Biff declare the Reds dead after round 1, Reddy calls the Lions no name hacks, Ive learn over the years writting any S14 team off beforehand can bite ya!

I did not!!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Komaan Biffy, Oom Paarl know you to well.

I did not say the Lions will beat the Reds but I wont under estimate them at home. Know they are under huge pressure and desperate for a win.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
PaarlBok said:

Sorry that you are so sensitive towards your precious lion cubs, but you should check out the facts:

5th vs Last.
2nd best defence vs worst.
One of the best (proven) attacks, vs an attack that is not polished.
Known players vs no name hacks.

This is going to be the most one sided game in Super rugby history, with the Reds strolling into the top 4 with a bonus point win. This is fact, and not a possibility.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Reddy! said:
PaarlBok said:

Sorry that you are so sensitive towards your precious lion cubs, but you should check out the facts:

5th vs Last.
2nd best defence vs worst.
One of the best (proven) attacks, vs an attack that is not polished.
Known players vs no name hacks.

This is going to be the most one sided game in Super rugby history, with the Reds strolling into the top 4 with a bonus point win. This is fact, and not a possibility.

:lmao: You have out-PB'd PB

T

TOCC

anything less then a bonus point win for the Reds would be a dissapointment

Status
Not open for further replies.