• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
F20C1472-69AB-4C51-AB7E-2A610D794632.jpeg

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
been impressed by our recent retention signings.

going forward I would be very happy if we retained Pone, one of Philip or Hosea, one of Kemeny or Hardwick, Louwrens or a new 9 and Ili or a new centre.

Obviously love to keep them all but with that wish list I think we have a real good foundation.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Pretty sure I read somewhere this week Louwrens is signed for next year.

Hosea and Kemeny the must sign ones and think they will

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Pretty sure I read somewhere this week Louwrens is signed for next year.

Hosea and Kemeny the must sign ones and think they will
Can't find anything on Louwrens. Didn't realise he's 32 and that he's been in Australia on and off since he was 16. He must or close to being Aus eligibility.

You're resigned to losing Hardwick? Is it the Namibian qualified? He was probably our best performer pre-injury.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Can't find anything on Louwrens. Didn't realise he's 32 and that he's been in Australia on and off since he was 16. He must or close to being Aus eligibility.

You're resigned to losing Hardwick? Is it the Namibian qualified? He was probably our best performer pre-injury.
Just found article. It was Christy Doran’s article on Nick White. He states that Louwrens and Tuttle on books for next year. Louwrens surely has the 10yr cumulative residency, so wouldn’t be a foreigner.

Im definitely not one of these anti-overseas qualified people, I just want to watch a good team each week. Hardwick would be great to re-sign but he’s just down the pecking order in priorities to me. Having Ekuasi and Wilkin on the books means they have some quality there in 7-8 positions. Dickie would be nice to keep around to increase the depth but think team is a lot weaker without Hosea or Kemeny if they moved on as their replacements aren’t near the standard that Hardwicks are.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Angelo Smith re-signs until 2025. Almost a certainty that we lose Hosea or Philip. Hopefully to one of the other provinces.
Phillip coming home would be nice. Tahs need locks badly and shouldn’t look to re-sign Seu as good as he’s been

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Hope it’s Phillip to the Tahs. That was the talk anyway but they also said Miles Amatosero was going to sign with them. Probably at the expense of Seu, Sinclair or if Hanigan goes.

Good to see the Rebels being so proactive with signings.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Angelo Smith re-signs until 2025. Almost a certainty that we lose Hosea or Philip. Hopefully to one of the other provinces.
Can’t see it being Trev, local lad that’s would be aspiring for a wallabies spot. Can’t see him going overseas or leaving Melbourne. Also him and Canham are both Quinn’s boys aren’t they? Be pretty cool locking with your club mate

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Can’t see it being Trev, local lad that’s would be aspiring for a wallabies spot. Can’t see him going overseas or leaving Melbourne. Also him and Canham are both Quinn’s boys aren’t they? Be pretty cool locking with your club mate

If he still doesnt get traction from wallabies level I could see Trev taking the bait overseas, could you image what he would be worth in france? a non international committed 25 yo in the highest paid postilion in the top14!

I don't want to loose Philip but all his close mates have slowly left & the option of going home where he would walk in to being by far the best lock is a big carrot.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)

Angelo Smith natural position is no6. Rebels see him there long term. You absolutely can bring back Hosea & Philip to pair with Canham

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Kemeny is the nailed on 6.

Hosea I’d bet the house he will stay at Rebels if in Australia.

Have consistently heard murmurs around Philip to Tahs for a few weeks now.