• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just under 16's boys & girls atm, I think they are focusing on growing schools as a priority. Next yr there could be 8!
Mate I love the increase in sides. Just think 18s would be a natural flow on. When ever the third season of the Rebels Shield is they should be able to have 18s and each program should be able to put up an 18s in there 3rd year

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It’s very possible that Victoria is going to have the largest public school competition in Australia. Which would be remarkable only a few years ago
How many schools? Ballymore Cup has 23 schools.

Most other school comps are purposely capped at 8 teams.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Just saw on socials Souths are back next yr, how good!

anyone on here know anything about Maroondah could they go up a grade or field a 2's side?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
1694172523166.png

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
I'm continually astounded by our player turnover. Nearly 200 players in 13 seasons. Don't think the Brumbies have cracked 300 in 28.
Success does this though, it’s one of the issues with Ben Darwin’s cohesion argument. It’s near on impossible to convince players of talent to stick around and stick it out in a losing environment, therefore cohesion is consistently disrupted. It’s a compounding effect.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
How many schools? Ballymore Cup has 23 schools.

Most other school comps are purposely capped at 8 teams.
Ballymoore Cup is predominately made up of Private schools. It’s also played over a handful of days. Brilliant idea and love that these comps exist but I probably didn’t explain myself well as was more meaning week in week out tournament where teams train for the week to face a different opponent.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Pone spending all this time in Wallaby camp has got him looking lean. Never seen him with this low body fat %. Hopefully he can keep it off till Feb.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
5 rebs playing for the babas so the side against the Axemen tomorrow will have to be a mostly academy side

The Playing group which would still be over here would be, at my guess:

Mafi, Rangi, Dobbins
Eloff, Gibbo, Aedo Kailea
Tualima (inj?), Smith, Maiava, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (inj?)
Hough, Talataina, Wilkin (inj)
Louwrens, Maunder
Strachan, M Gordon, Jooste
Ripley, Proctor, D. Vaihu, Feliuai, Vaea, Ili (Still Signed?)
G. Vaihu, Pincus (inj), Lancaster

I'd imagine there would be a few boys between the Wests and local juniors topping that up. Probably a good thing.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
The Playing group which would still be over here would be, at my guess:

Mafi, Rangi, Dobbins
Eloff, Gibbo, Aedo Kailea
Tualima (inj?), Smith, Maiava, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (inj?)
Hough, Talataina, Wilkin (inj)
Louwrens, Maunder
Strachan, M Gordon, Jooste
Ripley, Proctor, D. Vaihu, Feliuai, Vaea, Ili (Still Signed?)
G. Vaihu, Pincus (inj), Lancaster

I'd imagine there would be a few boys between the Wests and local juniors topping that up. Probably a good thing.

Pretty accurate I would think, Ili is playing NPC