• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rising 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
Here are some stats to back up what I said earlier in thread re: the Rising props:

Props and games played in 2014
Cruze Ah-Nau 9
Paul Alo-Emile 9
Toby Smith 7
Tuiatua Tuia 6
Fereti Sa'aga 2

Props and games played in 2015
Duncan Chubb 4
Fereti Sa'aga 4
Mike Tyler 2
Tom Moloney 2
Cruze Ah-Nau 1
Tim Metcher 1
Matt Onesemo 1

So we have already used more props this season than last year. Our starting front row last season was effectively full of Super Rugby experience as was one replacement for most of season. Whereas only Super Rugby experience in props this season is Cruze for one game and Tim Metcher for a few minutes. Plus Tim has only played 2 Super Rugby matches.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
The experience of Hanson should give the Rebels some strength come Super Rugby however. Prop stocks are very low in Melbourne.

Smith
Ah Nah

Hanson
Siliva
Leafa

Weeks
Hagan

The departure of PAE is one that will hurt the Rebels especially with the number of back rowers still on the books. They will need to find at least another prop and the likes of Chubb, Sa'aga and Maloney won't cut it at the next level just yet.

T

TOCC

If the Rebels had retained PAE they would have had one of the strongest set pieces in the comp in 2016, but i think his loss will be substantial

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
The Rebels still have Tim Metcher and Keita Inagaki. So prop stocks not quite as low as Intruder indicates.

Agree PAE will be a big loss. Disappointing he left when he did when he was moving closer to Wallabies selection.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Metcher ruled out for next season with a torn hamstring off the bone?

Inagaki will be great around the field but poor come set piece time.

Hirsmaki actually has passed on his career as a professional footballer and will continue to work with the QRU due to family circumstances. The same reason he pulled out of the Reds squad last season

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
If that's the case, I'd like us to try and grab someone capable. M Allalatoa is playing well for Manawatu, but if he wanted to be 5th string, he'd have stayed at the Tahs.

Jono Owen is playing for North Harbour I think, he wouldn't be "bad" as a 1 season replacement for Metcher.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Scott Fuglistaller (shoulder) and Tom English (knee) have this week been ruled out for the remainder of the 2015 NRC, allowing them to be appropriately prepared for the start of pre-season with the Melbourne Rebels

from the Rebels website

solves one of the back row problems

English just not getting a break, can't seem to capture his 2014 form either at the Rebs or now here

Status
Not open for further replies.