• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Mike Harris (qld) Wallaby or All black

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Mike Harris is great up and coming Rugby player...Has the all the skills
Correct me if im wrong.... He is eligible for the Wallabies and the All Blacks....
Should the Wallabies and ARU push to keep him in the country.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I heard Clarkeee blathering on about that, but you can't believe any of the rubbish they spout on Fox. Does anyone actually know one way or the other?

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Point of putting this thread out there to G&G
what have other heard beside the Fox sports crew with there Babel

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
I don't think test caps should be handed out simply to stop other nations using a player. Demeans the value of a test cap and its no good for the player either.

If he's good enough he should get a go. There's certainly no way I can tell whether he's good enough yet. While he did really well against the Rebels its hard to read too much into that, we need to see more of him.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I think he is still a fair way from both the Wallabies and All Blacks. Let's not go too over the top with this guy, he has come on and played well in the last 20 miuntes of floggings. I could have set up a few tries the way the Cheetahs and Rebels were playing.

Until he impresses against tougher opposition he isn't close to national representation for anyone.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
I agree that he must get there on merit, not to rule him out of representing the All Blacks.
In a star studded Red's backline, it might take a while for Harris to get a crack.

If he is eligible, he is eligible. How he interprets his heritage is something we don't know, but as it's there, it should count.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
So you'd rule out islanders that weren't born here too?

If someone's eligible and they're good enough, they should play.

Harris has got some way to go to prove he's good enough.

Not what I said mate.

However to elaborate on my stance on the matter, if peeps have Aus citizenship/passport then they should be eligible, otherwise they shouldn't be.

I agree Harris is a long long way away - indeed I think his signing was a bit of a dud call by the QRU as we seem to have a lot of talented Qld backs, we don't need outsiders.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
I'd like to see him at the Force or even Rebels. Probably have a better chance to prove himself. That said, injuries do, and will occur so we may yet see him get a crack.

Expanding the pool = better Wallabies.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
thought someone mentioned in the forums that he considers himself very much a kiwi. but opportunity can be quite persuasive and he wasn't getting a shot to even carry the water over the ditch.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I guess we should chuck out Cooper, Ioane, Pocock (ZIM), Genia (PNG) out of the Wallabies in that case.

Geez, you Qlders are a bunch of poachers! ;)
If he really wanted to play for Aus, and is eligible, then well and good. But I doubt that he really wants that - he's only been here 5 minutes, and I would guess a black jersey is his dream.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I believe he's on a two year contract? Can't play for the All Blacks during that time at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.