• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National Rugby Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Interesting thought Tomikin.where would the Brumbies be if all there Queensland and NSW players did decide to "pull a Hooper"?
Also they didnt pull a Hooper.. because they wanted the chance of being a Brumby

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I hope the team NRC does what the Brumbies do, and say you want to play for us you play in the John Dent Cup.. you join a club you buy into being a Brumby (ultimate club Goal) if not .. Pull a Hooper and go home .. we dont need you..

That is a narrow dumb comment, NRC is to promote rugby and to advance the next toer - guess what, if you hadn't read the pages and pages on this thread - J Dent would have finished so what next we are having players who could be playing sitting doing nothing.

That is as reckless as me saying from now on Brumbies can only select from the JDent - I wouldnt say that as it's a stupid comment.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
That is a narrow dumb comment, NRC is to promote rugby and to advance the next toer - guess what, if you hadn't read the pages and pages on this thread - J Dent would have finished so what next we are having players who could be playing sitting doing nothing.

What are you talking about I just said if you want in the caberra nrc team.. you should play locally.. you know support the team giving you money and a chance..

Whats so narrow minded.. ? I want the best kids to get a chance but dont you want the player to represent your area.. im sure sydney uni wants there player to play SS when not in the NRC not go play for the two blues..

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
What are you talking about I just said if you want in the caberra nrc team.. you should play locally.. you know support the team giving you money and a chance

Friday arvo - i didn't read it that way, sorry if i miss read.
Yes I think ACT should pick local.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Friday arvo - i didn't read it that way, sorry if i miss read.
Yes I think ACT should pick local.
Understandable friday has that way I just think if your not on board to help the local comp then what are we doing

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Canberra gets a lot of rubbish press about living there but ive lived all over the world and its a great place up the top.
Where is "up the top", Tomikin? I've been going to the place for decades - not on pleasure trips I hasten to point out - and have looked everywhere but have never been able to find the city. Unrelenting suburbia but no trace of a city.

T

TOCC

I lived in Canberra for 12 months when i was 19, I'm not entirely sure whether Canberra itself is to blame or just an unfortunate sequence of events, but that 12months would turn out to be a low point in my life. Subsequently i actually have Canberra to thank for forcing me to reassess my priorities in life and what i wanted for my future.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Where is "up the top", Tomikin? I've been going to the place for decades - not on pleasure trips I hasten to point out - and have looked everywhere but have never been able to find the city. Unrelenting suburbia but no trace of a city.
I will full admit im bias.. but ive been everywhere lived 5 countries about 10 cities when you cut it back..Canberra is wonderful.. Beautiful days nice cold nights.. good food safe for the kids..and lets not forget the most successful and best rugby team oz has ever produced. ..

All of talking it up from a boy who lives in brissy lol

T

Train Without a Station

The clubs (Now the NRC Clubs as opposed to SS Clubs previously) need to realize now more than ever is that when their players are recruited to other Super Franchises, they will not be coming back. They will going forth have commitments with the clubs linked to the Franchises whom pay their wages.

Both in order to strengthen their local unions, and also to be able to best monitor injury status, workload and development of their players/employees.

NRC Clubs may ask why they would want to develop talent if they are ideally going to end up leaving? And they would, because the more talent they can pathway into professionals, they more quality players will want to play for them, which will increase their quality on the field.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I lived in Canberra for 12 months when i was 19, I'm not entirely sure whether Canberra itself is to blame or just an unfortunate sequence of events, but that 12months would turn out to be a low point in my life. Subsequently i actually have Canberra to thank for forcing me to reassess my priorities in life and what i wanted for my future.

us caberra knights have that effect on people..

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The clubs (Now the NRC Clubs as opposed to SS Clubs previously) need to realize now more than ever is that when their players are recruited to other Super Franchises, they will not be coming back. They will going forth have commitments with the clubs linked to the Franchises whom pay their wages.

Both in order to strengthen their local unions, and also to be able to best monitor injury status, workload and development of their players/employees.

NRC Clubs may ask why they would want to develop talent if they are ideally going to end up leaving? And they would, because the more talent they can pathway into professionals, they more quality players will want to play for them, which will increase their quality on the field.
I couldnt have said it better but that's super to nrc... what about nrc to club.. its still professional shouldnt they have a say were there players play... hopefully locally we look at the top guys and super rugby guides them but if a sydney team give s a perth kid a chance isnt it there right to wanna keep him local in ss with a club aligned with them

T

Train Without a Station

Is this likely to even occur?

Some bloke is going to move for 3 months to get paid $300 a game?

Realistically I think financial constraints would prevent this from occurring. People who could afford the additional living expenses would not be mobile due to employment and people who are mobile would not be able to afford it.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Is this likely to even occur?

Some bloke is going to move for 3 months to get paid $300 a game?

Realistically I think financial constraints would prevent this from occurring. People who could afford the additional living expenses would not be mobile due to employment and people who are mobile would not be able to afford it.

Is that how much they will pay though.. I dont know .. when i chased my hockey dream i moved on no pay to be in the best place to get my best chaces and found the work..any support I got was extract

what is the pay scale for none contracted NRC players ?

T

Train Without a Station

Tomikin, I agree that people will move and find employment to follow their dream. But this is a different scenarios to the Rebels flying blokes back to Sydney to play SS weekly.

What are the thoughts on the likelihood of players playing SS, then moving down somewhere else for 3 months, finding work and playing NRC, then moving back to Sydney, finding work and starting SS pre-season and going through this again?

Personally I find this unlikely beyond isolated instances. Generally I'd imagine it would be more of a permanent relocation in my expectations.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Tomikin, I agree that people will move and find employment to follow their dream. But this is a different scenarios to the Rebels flying blokes back to Sydney to play SS weekly.

What are the thoughts on the likelihood of players playing SS, then moving down somewhere else for 3 months, finding work and playing NRC, then moving back to Sydney, finding work and starting SS pre-season and going through this again?

Personally I find this unlikely beyond isolated instances. Generally I'd imagine it would be more of a permanent relocation in my expectations.
I dunno.. but why should a club deal with that.. wanna play woth us get involved local play local.. its a commitment .. I agree its shit and hard work but lifes not easy..

Battalion

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well we did put the tahs to the sword

Given enough time, a hypothetical chimpanzee typing at random would, as part of its output, almost surely produce one of Shakespeare's plays (or any other text).

Want to be Crusader.

Brumbies will always be our whipping boys and don't you forget it.

T

Train Without a Station

I dunno.. but why should a club deal with that.. wanna play woth us get involved local play local.. its a commitment .. I agree its shit and hard work but lifes not easy..

I would say that when you aren't paying for a bloke to be a full time professional, it's a bit rich to try and judge what he is doing for the other 3/4 of a year.

NRC teams will already favour local players they have better access to and can actually watching throughout the season anyway. If they are considering somebody external, it's because they look better than the locals.

Status
Not open for further replies.