• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National U16 and U19 match discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Fairly atrocious weather conditions led to poor handling by both sides. Some exciting backline plays breaking out but few and far between.

Slack-Smith and Sawers were standouts in the WA Force pack along with Marley Pearce who had another strong game following his impressive effort against the Brumbies. On the downside, has there ever been a No 9 with a poorer pass than Tizzano?

Some very big bodies in the Rebels side. The pack played strongly in the open but just too many errors.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm liking what I'm seeing from the Force U16s number 7. One they should be looking at seriously for the future.
At 15 years of age it is way too early to be annointing specials. Just let him keep playing age group and learning the game. If he's still that good in U-19's then you can put him on the fast track.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
At 15 years of age it is way too early to be annointing specials. Just let him keep playing age group and learning the game. If he's still that good in U-19's then you can put him on the fast track.

I wasn't suggesting that he be anointed the next big thing. Just that in terms of talent ID that he should be monitored. Which is something that is done in a number of sports both here and abroad.

Last edited:

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
That NSW U16s team is very good. That’s QLD and ACT beaten comfortably. Could be anything when they play Rebels and Force
Alot of the boys represented NSW previously in the NSW PSSA team. They are a very talented bunch of kids, particularly when you consider the talent in the next squad.
Boys in this Under 16's team to represent NSW PSSA in 2017/2018: Max Meagher, Connor Dempsey, Luca Cleverley, Alex Conti, Joe Walsh, Leo Jacques, Mitchell Woods, Heath Turner, Matt Humphries, Tom Watts, Edwin Langi as well as Joel Jacobs, Nathaniel Thomas, Tua Patea from the shadow squad.
It would be good to see the PSSA program included in the pathway as well....

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Tahs U19s defeated Brumbies 53 - 15. Game was definitely closer than the scoreboard but a well constructed and deserved win to the Tahs. Tom Morrison was almost unstoppable at No 10.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
what is PSSA?
It’s the primary school representative sports program. Unfortunately NSW PSSA is the only current primary school sports association that include rugby union. It used to compete against Victorian, South Australian and ACT club based side, however these associations did not continue after about 2016. The PSSA have now had to look to playing against under 13 rep squads from Brisbane and the Gold Coast for competition.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Tahs U19s defeated Brumbies 53 - 15. Game was definitely closer than the scoreboard but a well constructed and deserved win to the Tahs. Tom Morrison was almost unstoppable at No 10.

Could have been closer if the Brunches were more interested in Rugby than cheap shots.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I just noticed a ‘Lonergan’ in the Brumbies’ u16’s lineup…

Probably too young for a Wallabies call up next year…

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Here is an idea for the Rebels, hold on to the ball. If you lose the line out off your own throw every time stop kicking it out when you have a penalty. It’s embarrassing to watch

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Here is an idea for the Rebels, hold on to the ball. If you lose the line out off your own throw every time stop kicking it out when you have a penalty. It’s embarrassing to watch

Settle. Your talking about U16s???

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Settle. Your talking about U16s???
I don’t care if they lose. They have had some innovative in the second half to stop just going to the line out and losing. The coach should be getting the message out to them to change it up if they keep failing at one aspect.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
I think what is also on display is the strength of the school programs over there. No doubt their skills were better than ours but their level of physical development was far ahead of ours. Looked like men v boys in the back line

Status
Not open for further replies.