• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
If Nareki was a Cantab would he be in the AB convo? I think he goddamn would you know. He seems to do more in any given match thean Caleb Clarke and G.Bridge combined have all season.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
If Nareki was a Cantab would he be in the AB convo? I think he goddamn would you know. He seems to do more in any given match thean Caleb Clarke and G.Bridge combined have all season.

He certainly will do more than Bridge for rest of season too!!!!;)
But yes I think he will be in AB conversation, he going bloody well AND has a left boot!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
damn the loosies are going to be tough to pick. So many potential combos.

6: Ethan Blackadder vs Crossword Frizzle vs Akira
7 Ardie vs Papaliii
8: Sotutu vs Jacobsen vs Ardie

Got me beat who I would pick, I kind of suspect I would go Frizzel, Papalii and Jacobson, but by this aftrenoon I might go Blackadder, Ardie and Sotutu, probably a headache a few would like.
I reckon in locking dept you got Big bad Sam W, BBBR, Vaa'i , and PT and Pari Pari too. it's all getting to much for a man too work out.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
1st half Chiffs vs Reds showed what'll happen of AB's go too "mobile" in the forwards eg Ah Kuoi, Boshier, Jacobsen and expect someone else to do the shitwork..... run the fuck over.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
1st half Chiffs vs Reds showed what'll happen of AB's go too "mobile" in the forwards eg Ah Kuoi, Boshier, Jacobsen and expect someone else to do the shitwork... run the fuck over.

Shhh DP Ah Khuoi wasn't playing, the locks were Vaa'i and Brown (who has been 6 most of year) , but point still stands.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Jona Nareki should be on the AB radar. He has been the standout left wing. His huge left foot punt doesn't hurt either.
His low centre of gravity is really something else.

Hope his highlight reel type game doesnt see him lumped in with the Masaga types. But I think it might be. The risk-averse company man currently inexplicably in charge of the national rugby team does not seem like the type who would EVER select a bolter ffs.....

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Also a nasty logjam for the 2 wing spots.

First, the incumbents:

Jooooordie. surely they wont persist with this handbraking fuckbrained idea
Caleb Clarke (Sevens)

My Guess at next cabs of the rank;

Rieko
Wifebeating Diveballing Piece of Shit Reece
Will Jordan
Rayasi
Nareki
Leicester
LOL Bridge ffs

zer0

John Thornett (49)
As I'm a bit bored, and the test season isn't too far away now, a wild stab in the dark at a (non-exhaustive) list the guys who are probably in selection contention. No real order either. Just as I recalled them/looked them up.

Hooker
Taylor
Coles
Aumua
Taukei'aho
Eklund

Prop
Tu'ungafasi
Tu'inukuafe
Hodgman
Laulala
Moody
Bower
de Groot

Lock
Whitelock
Retallick
Vaa'i
Tuipulotu
Barrett
Parkinson

Blindside
Akira
Grace
Robinson (though might lack a bit of punch for test rugby)
Frizell (wouldn't really bother myself, but test rugby Jane will be there)

Openside
Papali'i
Savea

Sotutu
Blackadder
Jacobson (not actually seen that much of him, so am not sure of his physicality, but give him the benefit of the doubt here)

Halfback
Smith
Weber
???

First-five
Mo'unga
???

Midfield
Havili
Lienert-Brown
Not Rieko
Goodhue (if injury allows)
Ennor
Tupaea (more of an apprentice type selection, perhaps)
Umaga-Jensen

Wing
Rieko
Nareki
Reece
Rayasi
Fainga'anuku

Fullback
Barrett
Barrett
McKenzie
Jordan

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Hooker
Taylor
Coles
Aumua
Taukei'aho
Eklund

Looking good here.

Prop
Tu'ungafasi
Tu'inukuafe
Hodgman
Laulala
Moody
Bower
de Groot

Lot of the blame for RWC2019 debacle and shitty test record of late has to fall on the big boys up front. I'd be fine with them gearing up for 2023RWC by shelving lazy arse Lomax as well as giving the Blues cadre a bit of a rocket by looking at Aidan Ross and de Groot. Possibly Fidow too.

Karl T might be murdering people at scrum time but he's not exactly a workaholic around the park.

Lock
Whitelock
Retallick
Vaa'i
Tuipulotu
Barrett
Parkinson

If the main 2 go down here then Houston we are utterly rooted.

Sotutu
Blackadder
Jacobson (not actually seen that much of him, so am not sure of his physicality, but give him the benefit of the doubt here)

Guessing Sotutu's lineout aplomb will get him the nod

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Also a nasty logjam for the 2 wing spots.

First, the incumbents:

Jooooordie. surely they wont persist with this handbraking fuckbrained idea
Caleb Clarke (Sevens)

My Guess at next cabs of the rank;

Rieko
Wifebeating Diveballing Piece of Shit Reece
Will Jordan
Rayasi
Nareki
Leicester
LOL Bridge ffs

11. Nareki
14. Jordan
15. Barret

Donezo, gimme my money. Rieko should still be on the trash heap for his show pony bullshit plus he's a centre apparently.

Foster will probably reel out 11. Reece 14. Barret 15. McKenzie for the lolz.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I go along with the Nareki, Jordan and Barrett at 15 too Derpus, though with the early tests against PI teams I can see a bit of expermentation. Besides with the tests, we will need 2 in each position , so DMac will get a start or 2 at 15. And I not sure who will get bench sot, BB or DMac. Bastard of a position to be in!