• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Frizell expected to be out for six weeks with a damaged ankle. Hard to deny Akira at least a place in the 37 (or whatever it ends up being) now, one would think.

Akira should be in the squad either way. He was the starting 6 at the end of last season and showed more in 2 tests than Frizell has in all his tests. His SRA form was patchy but it doesn't make any sense to drop him based on that. His SRTT form has been stronger.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Bit concerning that Richie and Gemma McCaw have had another GIRL!!! :confused: Still I suppose Black Ferns etc but...
By christ the breeding programme not working. I had actually been all for him teaming up with Valerie Adams, that would of produced some decent rugby players I thought!:)

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Rayasi is raw. Ordinarily, I'd be thinking "just get him in the AB setup, the expert coaches at that level will iron out his flaws on the job....." but the current All Black coach is WORSE than any of the Soup coaches ffs

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Five current AB are off contract at the end of the year: Ardie, DMac, Weber, Cane & Taylor. JBar is contracted to NZR to 2023 but his 'canes contract also runs out this year. Don't think it really matters if he stays at 'canes or moves to Loss Bleus, really.

You'd like to think the Captain will re-sign (but also wonder why you wouldn't "suggest" he do so before making him captain) so imo the guy they really need to get signed asap is Taylor: not sure Coles will last to RWC & other than Aumua & Eklund there don't seem too many Test-ready options out there.

The guy we might well lose is Weber as (a) they've re-signed Perenara & (b) there's a number of good young 9's coming through incl obviously Fakatawa but also Roe & Roigard plus older guys like Hall & Drummond. I think we're gunna lose Weber, which will be sad.

DMac would be a huge loss to Tribe but AB not so much imo, I'm really not that fussed if he re-signs or not. I'd be sorry to see Ardie go, too, but again there's enough young & mid-career guys to replace him so losing him wouldn't be that big of a problem imo.

Goes without saying they need to get Razor locked in before someone starts waving a big chequebook at him.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Would be pretty keen on DMac getting resigned, but like you see Taylor as being the most important. I would like to see all resigned, but still work under the idea that if any choose the money c'est la vie!

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
My priorities would be:

1 Taylor: in his pomp now. crucial key player. absolutely throw the money at him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

that's it. Everyone else is below the expendable dotted line.

3 Cane: cold business sense says despite being incumbent AB captain his bod is rooted. Plenty of longer warrantied editions coming off the production line
4 Ardie: maybe good for selling tix at the Caketin but at test level only ever an undersized tweener speedbump on D.
5 Dmac: great for soup rugby excitement, rag doll liability at test level. Bye bye now.
2 Weber: poor little bugger. Fakatava and Flapanara.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Wobs are being named later today, does anyone know when AB announcement is? I'm guessing next Sunday would make sense but it's NZR so.....

Also, is it true that only guys who played Super Rugby can be picked? I've seen & heard that multiple times yet there's also been plenty of chat around Beaugan, Lurch etc being named & I can't find anything that comes directly from NZR or Foster.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
This piece is dated late May.

Foster made his first public appearance of the year last week as the Rugby Championship draw confirmed the All Blacks will play nine of their first 10 games of the season at home, thanks to the fraught COVID-19 landscapes in South Africa and Argentina.

Foster made it clear Barrett and Retallick, two world-class figures, are immediately available for selection while Perenara, having turned down the Sydney Roosters to ink a new NZ Rugby contract, first needs to play for a domestic team before being eligible.

https://www.espn.com/rugby/story/_/id/31518166/all-blacks-2021-new-zealand-team-look-bledisloe-cup

Idk why Perenara's situation is different, but there we go. Would assume it's the day after the Super Rugby TT final as well.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
If anyone's curious to see a normal bloke get tackled by All Blacks, go over to the Inspired Unemployed's instagram stories. Turns out Damian McKenzie can annihilate non professionals. Who knew.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Retallicka is back.

e82b0316b5600d349fce927c240687beb6e13c46.gif

Thank you Scrote Barrett, that'll be all now, bye bye
now, thank you, fuck off now, goodbye forever, thank you....."

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
The post 2015-AB's are, so far, an unsuccessful failure. Once the 2015 greats fell away, their replacements have failed.

2016 Ireland loss failure
2017 Lions failure.
2018 Ireland loss failure
2019 RWC failure.
2020 Argentina loss failure.

Shitty AB win % players like Scrote Barrett and Jack Goodhue are on track to be remembered as the Ron Cribbs and Mark Mayerhoflers of AB lore.