• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
They already have Goodhue, Darry, and Pierce for their main rotation. Taine Plumtree can also play lock IIRC, but I think he's primarily a blindside (?).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Only ten more sleeps until the new AB jersey is revealed......

IMG_1115.JPG

According to wifey I don't need one even though my 2014 one is a bit snug (obviously didn't read the washing instructions properly:)) & my 1995 or '96 one even more so. Might have to treat myself to an early birthday present.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)

The case of Shannon the silly sausage has progressed to the next stage:

All Blacks and Highlanders loose forward Shannon Frizell has been charged after he was allegedly involved in an assault on a woman at a Dunedin bar. The alleged incident happened at Vault 21 in May, a popular restaurant/bar in the Octagon, the busy nightlife hub in the centre of the city.

On Monday, a police spokeswoman said a 27-year-old man had been charged with two alleged offences of male assaults female and one charge of common assault. He is due to appear in the Dunedin District Court on Tuesday.

NZ Rugby general manager, professional rugby and high performance, Chris Lendrum, said the organisation was aware that charges had been laid against one of their players. New Zealand Rugby had initiated its own employment process. "However, because this matter is before the courts, we are unable to make any further comment at this stage."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/300366570/all-black-shannon-frizell-charged-over-alleged-assault

Blindside was already a pretty open-and-shut case as far as I was concerned, but now is getting even more open-and-shut-ed.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
FFS, so he becomes a tough guy..... when confronted by a woman in a bar? Then reverts back to being a useless baby when he pulls on the AB jersey? He's got that whole thing arse-about-face hasn't he

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The All Blacks have the best depth in the world. Frizell needs to go surely if this is substantiated. Really not a good look with Reece in the XV too. Rugby should be better than just what is accepted.

Agree, just hope it not in anyway similar to Reece if he going to court, if ever there was a case of taking someone to court because he was getting a name it's Reece if it's true what happened in his case. There was a reason there was no conviction against him.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
SF has appeared in court & entered no plea to the two charges. Judge then offered him Diversion which means he admits to the offence(s) but no conviction is entered, he does some counseling/ anger management & may be ordered to pay the complainant's legal & medical expenses (if any). It's generally only offered if the offending is at the lower end of the scale, Reece went through the same process IIRC (as opposed to, say, ZacG who now has an actual conviction on his record). Not in any way defending or excusing SF (or Super Rugby for that matter) but that appears to be how it's playing out.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/a...ll-offered-diversion-over-dunedin-bar-assault

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
SF has appeared in court & entered no plea to the two charges. Judge then offered him Diversion which means he admits to the offence(s) but no conviction is entered, he does some counseling/ anger management & may be ordered to pay the complainant's legal & medical expenses (if any). It's generally only offered if the offending is at the lower end of the scale, Reece went through the same process IIRC (as opposed to, say, ZacG who now has an actual conviction on his record). Not in any way defending or excusing SF (or Super Rugby for that matter) but that appears to be how it's playing out.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/a...ll-offered-diversion-over-dunedin-bar-assault

Sounds like maybe a bit like Super Rugby case, which to be honest, if what I have heard actually happened from someone who was there, was assault, I imagine there a an awful lot of people who have committed assaults without realising. They have to be real minor to be offered diversion from what I understand, you know someone screaming in your face because you are an AB, etc etc and you shove them away?
Mind you it may be worse, and if so he won't get away with diversion.