• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Jeez some of these ABs live a charmed life.

Get picked in ABs out of nowhere originally. Do nothing for a dozen or so tests. Continue to get picked. Then after assaulting someone get stood down for 1 game that he wasn't even going to play in anyway.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You can't win, take 8 mill a year from a company with fuel etc from INEOS, and all the Greenpeace wankers drive their cars to the protests.
Will the anti fat bigade drive or walk in a healthy way to protest because Wallabies are seeminly promoting fat bastards!!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
You can't win, take 8 mill a year from a company with fuel etc from INEOS, and all the Greenpeace wankers drive their cars to the protests.
Will the anti fat bigade drive or walk in a healthy way to protest because Wallabies are seeminly promoting fat bastards!!

Mate you come out with some nonsense sometimes.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
So where is argument? I just sick of hipcrosy, should NZR turn down the money because of what INEOS supposedly does. We had the same when they had AIG on the front of jerseys, because they weren't apparently a good insurance outfit.
F*** me we have had objections to MacDonalds etc because they promote fattie foods. Protests against cadbury because they but cooa from Ivoty Coast (slave labour etc) when the f*** does it stop?
Man we are sports not the concsience of the world!!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So where is argument? I just sick of hipcrosy, should NZR turn down the money because of what INEOS supposedly does. We had the same when they had AIG on the front of jerseys, because they weren't apparently a good insurance outfit.
F*** me we have had objections to MacDonalds etc because they promote fattie foods. Protests against cadbury because they but cooa from Ivoty Coast (slave labour etc) when the f*** does it stop?
Man we are sports not the concsience of the world!!

Yes.

We should actively look to disincentivise bad corporate behavior through consumption habits. The only thing they know is profits.

Two wrongs don't make a right Mr Dan54.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
BE7045A6-795D-40BE-B7AD-E18C61046CD2.png

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I agree we shouldn't probably back any business that promotes bad business (and if INEOS does) or gambling (I don't like that NZ TAB gets to talk about odds etc before tests) or drinking booze( Steinlager series etc)., but I not sure anyone can point fingers.
Displaying any conscience is not really anything I know any sports to do really. Unfortunately they all use the excuse that they use the money to get kids etc out playing sports and so it tend to be excused. We have just seen in Euro soccer where at every press conference bottles of coke were put on table etc etc. Have a look at Olympics who sposors that?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I agree we shouldn't probably back any business that promotes bad business (and if INEOS does) or gambling (I don't like that NZ TAB gets to talk about odds etc before tests) or drinking booze( Steinlager series etc)., but I not sure anyone can point fingers.
Displaying any conscience is not really anything I know any sports to do really. Unfortunately they all use the excuse that they use the money to get kids etc out playing sports and so it tend to be excused. We have just seen in Euro soccer where at every press conference bottles of coke were put on table etc etc. Have a look at Olympics who sposors that?

It's a fair question and something that will take a while to get right. Where do you draw the line?

I admit I was quite surprised with how easily I stomached Santos sponsoring the Reds. If they sponsored NZ I'd probably stick the boot in but RA is ailing and I was quite happy for any support. I admit that's completely unfair of me.

TBF sponsorship's nature means that the companies that do it are generally shitty companies keen to clean up their reputation.
Like you point out, Coca Cola, has spent billions and billions on sponsorship because in reality they're a shitty company that is probably the biggest hard rubbish polluter in the world, yet they have a good cheery image.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It's a fair question and something that will take a while to get right. Where do you draw the line?

I admit I was quite surprised with how easily I stomached Santos sponsoring the Reds. If they sponsored NZ I'd probably stick the boot in but RA is ailing and I was quite happy for any support. I admit that's completely unfair of me.

TBF sponsorship's nature means that the companies that do it are generally shitty companies keen to clean up their reputation.
Like you point out, Coca Cola, has spent billions and billions on sponsorship because in reality they're a shitty company that is probably the biggest hard rubbish polluter in the world, yet they have a good cheery image.

Yep mate, as I say that is where most sponsorship money comes from, I not keen on it, but have been on a number of rugby club commitees that have accepted sponsorship from pubs, pokies etc etc.
So I personally find it hard to point fingers, but I do understand that there are a few out there that won't have anything to so with with such companies and applaud them for standing strong!

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Yep mate, as I say that is where most sponsorship money comes from, I not keen on it, but have been on a number of rugby club commitees that have accepted sponsorship from pubs, pokies etc etc.
So I personally find it hard to point fingers, but I do understand that there are a few out there that won't have anything to so with with such companies and applaud them for standing strong!

Sponsorship is one thing, and certainly that's messy for everyone, but their stance on Frizell is indefensible. Particularly given how they love to tell us that "better men make better all blacks".

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)

I'd have thought the greatest embarrassment about Cadbury is that it is, quite simply, shit chocca.

In that vein.....

OHFFS.

Aus get innocent and charming Cadbury's willy wonka choccies.

We get some goddamn Darth Enron fossil-fuel planet wreckers.

Should get Whittakers as the main sponsor. Continue the mental disintegration campaign.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Sponsorship is one thing, and certainly that's messy for everyone, but their stance on Frizell is indefensible. Particularly given how they love to tell us that "better men make better all blacks".

I agree, and if he gets found guilty etc, he should get the chop. Well I think so anyway. I do reserve judgement until I know more, as I said I wanted Sevu Reece hung and quartered too, until I found out what hppened.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I'd have thought the greatest embarrassment about Cadbury is that it is, quite simply, shit chocca.

In that vein...

Should get Whittakers as the main sponsor. Continue the mental disintegration campaign.

Well I do go along with that, and as fat bastard myself , I do prefer Whittakers, I mean who doesn't like a peanut slab??:D;)