• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

VDLRugby19

Frank Row (1)
Had a great interview with Hamish Riach (Crusaders Chief Executive 2001-2018) reflects on his tenure, including 6 Super Rugby Titles and the devastation of the Christchurch Earthquake.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
looks like my sources were close but not 100% my bad

Ab's playing Fiji at San Diego in the july test window
Well your scources were same as ours, that's why I asked who came up with story about playing Pumas there to stop travel.
There has been talk of an extra test in the States for last 6 months or so. I thought maybe Irish or someone on East Coast, but i was just guessing (and wrong again :D )
Schedule for year is pretty hectic, 14 tests in all.
All Blacks' 2024 test schedule:
July 6:
v England (Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin)
July 13: v England (Eden Park, Auckland)
July 20: v Fiji (SnapDragon Stadium, San Diego)
August 10: v Argentina (Sky Stadium, Wellington)
August 17: v Argentina (Eden Park, Auckland)
August 31: v South Africa (Ellis Park, Johannesburg)
AD

September 7: v South Africa (DHL Stadium, Cape Town)
September 21: v Australia (Stadium Australia, Sydney)
September 28: v Australia (Sky Stadium, Wellington)
October 26: v Japan (Nissan Stadium, Yokohama)
November 2: v England (Twickenham, London)
November 9: v Ireland (venue TBC)
November 16: v France (venue TBC)
November 23: v Italy (venue TBC

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Well your scources were same as ours, that's why I asked who came up with story about playing Pumas there to stop travel.
There has been talk of an extra test in the States for last 6 months or so. I thought maybe Irish or someone on East Coast, but i was just guessing (and wrong again :D )
Schedule for year is pretty hectic, 14 tests in all.
All Blacks' 2024 test schedule:
July 6:
v England (Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin)
July 13: v England (Eden Park, Auckland)
July 20: v Fiji (SnapDragon Stadium, San Diego)
August 10: v Argentina (Sky Stadium, Wellington)
August 17: v Argentina (Eden Park, Auckland)
August 31: v South Africa (Ellis Park, Johannesburg)
AD

September 7: v South Africa (DHL Stadium, Cape Town)
September 21: v Australia (Stadium Australia, Sydney)
September 28: v Australia (Sky Stadium, Wellington)
October 26: v Japan (Nissan Stadium, Yokohama)
November 2: v England (Twickenham, London)
November 9: v Ireland (venue TBC)
November 16: v France (venue TBC)
November 23: v Italy (venue TBC

Its the 5 in 5 weeks at the end of the yr that is the killer for the players, we did it in 2022 & it was an absolute disaster not only our results but the injury toll

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Its the 5 in 5 weeks at the end of the yr that is the killer for the players, we did it in 2022 & it was an absolute disaster not only our results but the injury toll
Couldn't agree more mate, that's a killer schedule, well worth getting excited about for me.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They'll go deep into the depth charts for Fiji & Japan (who knows, Brett Cameron may get to be a two-Test AB :D) & trust the guys who don't start v England, France & Ireland to get the job done v Italy.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
NZR+ are streaming some of the preseason matches. Commentators are a bit mid but the platform itself, and the broadcast, seem to work well.

One step closer to Sky dying (hopefully).

EDIT: They only have two commentators, which is a nice change from the usual Sky circus.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
NZR+ are streaming some of the preseason matches. Commentators are a bit mid but the platform itself, and the broadcast, seem to work well.

One step closer to Sky dying (hopefully).

EDIT: They only have two commentators, which is a nice change from the usual Sky circus.
Clan/Canes was also on sky and sky plus. Apparently one Saturday night game of super is on sky FTA channel this year, as well as a Friday night NRL game.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Do you know whether Live or delayed?
Live, but will be paused for ads so will fall behind over time.
The Sky Open broadcasts will start at the same time as the live kick-off but become progressively delayed when advertisements play, with the aim that advertising doesn’t interrupt game time and fans get to see every minute of play. Sky says on average the delay will be around 12 minutes by the end of the match, with three-minute ad breaks during the game.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ could come in handy if there's overlapping games & I care more about the live one. Plus I think skyOpen has an on-demand option in case of conflicting commitments: big few months coming up wrt family functions, one of wifey's cousins damn near scheduled her 40th for SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) kickoff night ffs! Luckily one of her boys pointed out the clash of dates. Shot, Kullen (or Karlos or Kruz). Yes, their mum is Kasey & her youngest is Khobe, Kobe being (a) too obvious & (b) already taken by his much older cousin.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I have heard whispers about this for a while now, and seems just may be sneaking closer, Boks to do tours to NZ and vice versa, working on 4 year cycles. I am very very happy if this happens, though obviously could effect tri nations in those years.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Seems to suddenly be a wee bit of a logjam at halfback.

My personal current AB pecking order:

1 Roigard
2 Barkays Fakatava x factor baby
3 Ratima
4 Roe
5 Christie
6 Hotham
7 Viljoen
8 Perenara
9 Nock
10 Funaki
11 TTT
12 Stevie Wonder
13 Cyclo
14 Tomikin
15 Beavis Drummond

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Seems to suddenly be a wee bit of a logjam at halfback.

My personal current AB pecking order:

1 Roigard
2 Barkays Fakatava x factor baby
3 Ratima
4 Roe
5 Christie
6 Hotham
7 Viljoen
8 Perenara
9 Nock
10 Funaki
11 TTT
12 Stevie Wonder
13 Cyclo
14 Tomikin
15 Beavis Drummond
You right DP, there seems to be some good young uns around at 9, just quietly I think we got a few of 15s and 10s putting up hands too.
All is not always doom when you lose players after WC cycle, new dawn and all that shit!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZHurld are reporting an unconfirmed story out of Japan that Sam Cane has a back injury that will sideline him for up to ten weeks. Source is an expat journo who's lived there for years & is well connected with Japanese rugby so I'm picking the info is solid.