• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
So a new totally inexperienced Wob test midfield is going to be turnstile city for Rieko & co?

giphy.gif

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Another pumping weekend evening here in Onehunga has led to a quick comparison of the All Blacks and Wallabies squads by test caps.

Summary stats for the forwards, backs, and entire squads:
  • Forwards
    • All Blacks: 475 caps from 20 players == 23.75 caps @ 26 years old
    • Wallabies: 495 caps from 24 players == 20.63 caps @ 24 years old
  • Squad
    • All Blacks: 880 caps from 35 players == 25.14 caps @ 26 years old
    • Wallabies: 753 caps from 44 players == 17.11 caps @ 25 years old

Given 295 of those caps come from three players (Simmons, Hooper and Slipper), that is a very inexperienced squad.

Matt To'omua and James O'Connor are the next most capped players in the whole squad on 52 tests each.

More than 50% of the test experience of 44 players comes from 5 players!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bled 2 Eden Park

1. Joe Moody. sub Hodgman way more mobile and effective..... on a fast track vs fast pace aussie style. Might be different in a bogsnot arm wrestle vs pom/bok heifers.....
2. Dane Coles. needed that feisty shit
3. Ofa Tu'ungafasi. shored shit up
4. Patrick Tuipulotu. stepped up a bit but completely rooted after 60.
5. Tupou Vaa’i. went surprising well on debut. apart from fumbling ruck turnover for try (?)
6. Shannon Frizell. fired up a bit but ffs give the Akira Volvano a burl
7. Sam Cane. stallion
8. Ardie Savea. went way better not allowing pricks to rumble over gainline
9. Aaron Smith
10. Richie Mo’unga
11. Caleb Clarke. Goodbye George Bridge, so sorry.
12. Jack Goodhue. defends fine but hasnt really made the jersey his own. ALB/Rieko could be more enticing long term
13. Anton Lienert-Brown. glue guy. Still not convinced history will look back on him and Goodhue as anything special in the Ab canon
14. Jordie Barrett. contest the ball in the air you 8 foot 12 giraffe. FFS just get Rieko in #14
15. Beauden Barrett. a few mental rampaging runs

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
would just once like to see them open the throttle and go with

10 Mounga
11 Caleb Clarke
12 Laumape
13 Rieko
14 Will Jordan
15 BBarrett

enough of this sensible family sedan bullshit LET'S GO FULL FUCKEN FUNNY CAR

da9f7fb1f77398f6e914041b20f60b2f.jpg

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
would just once like to see them open the throttle and go with

10 Mounga
11 Caleb Clarke
12 Laumape
13 Rieko
14 Will Jordan
15 BBarrett

enough of this sensible family sedan bullshit LET'S GO FULL FUCKEN FUNNY CAR

da9f7fb1f77398f6e914041b20f60b2f.jpg

Put Barrett at 10 and DMac at 15 and I’m on board

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
I get the same disturbing feeling I’ve been getting for the last few years.

Individual talent is overcoming poor structure. Why do we persist in box kicks off the back of hard win ball? Smith kicks possession away nearly all the time. Who actually does take the kicks? When the game got frantic either side of half time structure went out the window and what looked like luck and determination carried us through.

It’s good to walk away with a win & better form from key players but I think the results continue to paper over the cracks..

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Taylor. he can throw in well. but he hasnt got the pure spatial acumen of Coles
Hodgman. really surprised he went so well
Laulala. scrum went alright later
Scrote Barrett. fuck this guy. if it wasnt for his surname he'd be dismissed as a nothing tweener. Too short for lock, too unathletic for 6.
Sotutu. keeping the heat on Ardie
Perenara. some people slag off his shitty pass but I like his All Murder, All The Time agenda.
Manbun Jensen. made a real impact. size is a yes. should keep Goodhue honest
McKenzie. annoying hyperactive land crab ragdoll still getting in the way and rogering up every third fucking thing he touches. How goddamn good was Ben from Accounts?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Is it just me or does it all seem to change so fast? Jordie current incumbent on AB wing but on what PLANET is he a better winger than one of yesterdays recent men, say, Waisake Naholo? They get churned thru so quick. Now Sevu Reece is already looking like todays Naholo. Probably already calling his agent before his AB stock plummets too fast into yesterdays man territory. FFS I still sometimes wonder wft went wrong with Francis Saili at 2nd 5. Looked promising 20 years ago. Or was it 5.

Stupid France and Japan. Benevolent mogul/sheikh is what NZ needs. If the Naholos etc were still banging around NPC kicking arse and getting paid they could easily get a call-up after Jordie fluffs his lines. ffs on what GALAXY is headless ragdoll chook DMac a better rugby player than Charles Piutau. Or Scrote Barrett a better option than Steven Luatua.