• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
The All Blacks squad which will travel to Australia for the Investec Tri Nations tournament, has been named, with two new players called into the squad as cover.

Otago prop George Bower and Wellington loose forward and captain Du'Plessis Kirifi will join the squad as prop and loose forward cover respectively, with prop Joe Moody going through HIA (head injury assessment) protocols and fellow prop Nepo Laulala on paternity leave, while loose forward Ardie Savea is also on paternity leave.

The squad also features the inclusion of lock Mitchell Dunshea and midfielders Ngani Laumape and Peter Umaga-Jensen who have already assembled with the All Blacks as cover.

The All Blacks travelling squad for the Investec Tri Nations is as follows:

Forwards

Hookers: Asafo Aumua, Dane Coles and Codie Taylor.
Props: George Bower, Alex Hodgman, Nepo Laulala, Tyrel Lomax, Joe Moody, Karl Tu'inukuafe, and Ofa Tuungafasi.
Locks: Scott Barrett, Mitchell Dunshea, Patrick Tuipulotu, Tupou Vaa'i and Samuel Whitelock.
Loose Forwards: Sam Cane, Shannon Frizell, Cullen Grace, Akira Ioane, Du'Plessis Kirifi, Dalton Papalii, Ardie Savea and Hoskins Sotutu.

Backs:

Halfbacks: TJ Perenara, Aaron Smith and Brad Weber.
First five-eighths: Beauden Barrett and Richie Mo'unga.
Midfielders: Jack Goodhue, Rieko Ioane, Ngani Laumape, Anton Lienert-Brown and Peter Umaga-Jensen.
Outside backs: Jordie Barrett, Caleb Clarke, Will Jordan, Damian McKenzie and Sevu Reece.

https://www.allblacks.com/news/all-blacks-travelling-squad-for-australia-named

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Du'Plessis Kirifi is a test player in waiting. Been very impressed with his work in the last two Super Rugby seasons - is there any chance he might deputise off the bench?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Lachlan Boshier sits down to watch the latest All Black squad announcement.....
"Du'Plessis Kirifi"

giphy.gif

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Possible for later in The Rugby Championship - although as a 7 he'll still be behind Papalii who hasn't had any game time yet either.

Kirifi is more like Ardie? He runs with ball a lot more than Boshier, and think prehaps a better tackler. Won't even see bench anyway I don't believe.

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
Du'Plessis Kirifi is a test player in waiting. Been very impressed with his work in the last two Super Rugby seasons - is there any chance he might deputise off the bench?

He isn't supporting his body weight 9/10 times he is going for a pilfer. How he doesn't get pinged is beyond me.

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
To everyone that weren’t happy with the selection of Sam Kane as captain...

Just want to say, he was certainly the best man for the job. Has been an absolute warrior this year.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Auckland wins to go back to their rightful place atop the provincial standings. Canterbury loses to push themselves further into the relegation mire. The All Blacks retain the Bledisloe. Have a forthcoming 100k to fuck off.

Me oh my I have enjoyed this weekend's rugby yes boy.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Total logjam of quality loosies compared to the starkly depleted locking stocks. Why didn't some of these pricks grow another 4 inches? What is going on in NZ? #neglectful_parenting

I been having a think and I reckon we not looking to bad in locking stocks. Ok at moment we got Big PT, Sam Whitelock, Vai'i and Barrett. Then toss in next year, Rettallic is back, as will Parkinson . And there a few good yound ones coming up like the look of young Lord from the Naki, and young fella Darry looks ok.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I been having a think and I reckon we not looking to bad in locking stocks. Ok at moment we got Big PT, Sam Whitelock, Vai'i and Barrett. Then toss in next year, Rettallic is back, as will Parkinson . And there a few good yound ones coming up like the look of young Lord from the Naki, and young fella Darry looks ok.

Add Jacob Pierce as another one - he has had an enormous Mitre 10 Cup, was strong when he got his opportunity at Super and he is a big man at over 2 metres tall.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Add Jacob Pierce as another one - he has had an enormous Mitre 10 Cup, was strong when he got his opportunity at Super and he is a big man at over 2 metres tall.

Wiki tells me both he and Darry are 6'8. Would be a fairly hefty pair if/when they get to play together at the Blues.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Forgot him mate, yep I have liked most of what he does. It gets a little better all the time. just as an aside, I see on Breakdown one of the suggestions was giving Cane a rest and start Papali'i, I wouldn't be upset with that as I reckon Papali'i plays more like an International 7 than a lot of players, he is in q way similar to Cane in his style of play, good defender and works his arse off.