• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
NZ Rugby feed the blood back into Razor's crypt under Christchurch stadium....

giphy.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Became morbidly and dismally fascinated with what the current AB's win % 's would look like.

Gone are the golden generation taking up about 19 spots in the Alltime Top 20 Win % 's with their salubrious 89% win percentages. Plus what with the ESPN site dying on its arse during EOYT 2021 I had to f***** piece it together myself by going through this years team lists so there may be the slightest rogery. Plus I couldnt be bothered dickign around with draws. Anyway. The forwards. Oops, forgot old geezers Moody and Coles. meh.

Win % / Won / Lost
-----------------------------
88% Hoskins Sotutu 8/1
85% Sam Whitelock 113/19
85% Brodie Retallick 81/10
82% Sam Cane 66/14
81% Angus Ta'avao 18/4
80% Patrick Tuipulotu 33/8
80% Karl Tu'inukuafe 21/5
77% Codie Taylor 53/15
77% Ofa Tu'ungafasi 35/10
77% Shannon Frizzell 14/4
77% Ethan Blackadder 7/2
76% Scott Barrett 40/12
76% Dalton Papalii 10/3
74% Ardie Savea 47/16
71% Samisoni Taukei'aho 10/4
71% Ethan de Groot 5/2
68% Tyrel Lomax 11/5
64% George Bower 11/6
61% Tupou Vaai 8/5
58% Akira Ioane 10/7
50% Fletcher Newell 1/1
50% Pita Gus Sowakula 1/1
-------------------------------
89% Richie Mccaw 131/15
89% Ma'a Nonu 91/10
89% Conrad Smith 84/9
88% Dan Carter 99/12

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
LOL just had a look at who is actually on The NZRFU Board.

This just in; it ain't Meads, Lochore, Grizz, Richie or Ted.

FFS.

The NZRFU Board.

Stewart-Mitchell__ResizedImageWzI1MCwzNTld.jpg

"Everyone shut up, I chose Fozzie and this prominent mandible should let you know that once I've made my mind up that's f***ing it".

Farah-Palmer__ResizedImageWzI1MCwzODRd.jpg

"Fozzie is a very, very nice man so get off his back and give him a chance".
-- "Māori Representative"
-- "Women's Representative"

-- "Maori Women's Representative"

Ajit-Balasingham2021__ResizedImageWzI1MCwzNzVd.JPG

"Hey guyz, Grizz Wyllie couldn't make it so you get me instead".
--Ajit Balasingham.

Bart-Campbell2021__ResizedImageWzI1MCwzNzVd.JPG

"Fozzie is my man. Coincidentally, we share the same diet".

Bailey-Mackey2021__ResizedImageWzI1MCwzNzVd.JPG

"In 2017, he was named Māori Entrepreneur of the Year."

Well, break out the motherfucking bunting.

Mark-Hutton2021__ResizedImageWzI1MCwzNzVd.JPG

The unco accountant picked dead last at every lunchtime game of touch footy 60 years ago. Meads once took his lunch money.

Actually, it was every day for 4 years.

Dame-Patsy-Reddy__ResizedImageWzI1MywzODBd.JPG

"I don't know any of the rules to rugby but Ian seems like such a nice young man....."
--Rt Hon Dame Helen Reddy.

Rowena-Davenport__ResizedImageWzI0NCwzNjVd.JPG

Key Sales Points:

- on International Women's Day 2022, she was awarded a World Rugby Executive Leadership Scholarship.

- thinks that, to be honest though, we as a nation need to get over our preoccupation with this whole rugby thing.

- admits she has never watched a whole Super Rugby match in her entire life. "Just some highlights. Once".

- couldn't name a single one of the Auckland Blues Designated Messiahs for the last 15 years.

Broken Record

Frank Row (1)
matera masterclass.jpg

Coming soon, for 1 night and 1 night only, on September 3, in Hamilton, tickets available from all good outlets. Don't miss this chance of a lifetime!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Grace confirmed as having fractured a collar bone. A further assessment later in the week will determine if surgery is required. Definitely gone for rest of NPC & if surgery is required for rest of year one would think.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
If NZ had a selection policy like Australia, who would they choose and would it change results?

Weirdly I know NZ has more players overseas than anyone else but not many names spring to mind. Laumape & McKenzie? The old guard are a bit too.. old.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
McKenzie is currently eligible. He's back playing in NZ.

I don't reckon anyone overseas makes it. An absolute stretch would be Fekitoa. Laumape possibly yes.

I don't think NZ has more players overseas than SA FWIW.

NZ been lucky in that their top players don't really go overseas as much as the Aus ones do. AB jersey obviously greater pull.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Asafo Aumua has re-signed through until 2025. Wouldn't have blamed him if he'd chosen to head offshore so glad he's sticking around 'cos let's face it if Taylor & Coles are 2/3 of the RWC hooking dep't we've got serious problems.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
McKenzie is currently eligible. He's back playing in NZ.

I don't reckon anyone overseas makes it. An absolute stretch would be Fekitoa. Laumape possibly yes.

I don't think NZ has more players overseas than SA FWIW.

NZ been lucky in that their top players don't really go overseas as much as the Aus ones do. AB jersey obviously greater pull.
No they not lucky mate, just want to play for ABs. But unfortunately we have lost an incredible amount below, sp hammers the depth. There are 500 odd kiwi prfessional players overseas.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If Tyrone Thompson continues on his current trajectory for HB, ABXV (for whom he'd surely be a shoo-in) & another SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) campaign I wouldn't be averse to him going to RWC with Samisoni & Aumua.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
If Tyrone Thompson continues on his current trajectory for HB, ABXV (for whom he'd surely be a shoo-in) & another (SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) super rugby pacific) campaign I wouldn't be averse to him going to RWC with Samisoni & Aumua.
I got on his wagon earlier to WOB, like the look of him.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Asafo Aumua has re-signed through until 2025. Wouldn't have blamed him if he'd chosen to head offshore so glad he's sticking around 'cos let's face it if Taylor & Coles are 2/3 of the RWC hooking dep't we've got serious problems.
Aumua hasn’t been as good as I wanted him to be in the Black jersey but I’d rather give him time to develop than go back to Codie Taylor….