• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand v Wallabies, Eden Park, Sat 22nd October

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galumay

Trouble is Foley was better than QC (Quade Cooper) in any of his starts this season, and also we haven't seen the sort of mind blowing good game you talk of QC (Quade Cooper) in years.

I actually think its pretty line ball, especially as QC (Quade Cooper) finally seems to have developed some defence and doesn't panic as much under pressure as he used to.

All in all I doubt it makes much difference which of them starts and who is on the bench, I prefer Foley, but there is not much in it.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Correct. Also telling is that it's far from just Australians who are upset at the decision. Prominent U.K. sports scribes, former South African international rugby referees etc etc.

Actually mate, I always try and see the refs view as anyone who has read my posts will tell you, I believe that usually a refs is right, and was always taught, and told kids I coached, that the Ref is the sole judge of the laws of the game, and to continually harp on about refs decisions etc is in my opinion bad sportsmanship.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
As with pavlova and Phar Lap, it's just another case of an Aussie trying to steal the work of a salt-of-the-earth Kiwi. You guys can keep Russell Crowe, though.
I've been waiting decades in the hope that the net migration would one day reverse and that we would win at Eden park.
One dream realised so I'm hardly going to waste the chance.
And when I'm there at Xmas I'm going to try and persuade them to stop booing goal kicks and Quade cooper, because if there's anything worse than a sore loser it's a poor winner.
On the sore loser front Cheika has to learn to hold his tongue and let GGR do his whingeing.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Seriously? Do you actually not think DHP impeded Savea? I thought he did and fairly deliberately too.

I can see the argument that Savea was beaten, but that was a pretty obvious offence for me.

Guess you know more than international referees then. Must be great to be in your shoes.

IMG_4839.PNG

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Actually mate, I always try and see the refs view as anyone who has read my posts will tell you, I believe that usually a refs is right, and was always taught, and told kids I coached, that the Ref is the sole judge of the laws of the game, and to continually harp on about refs decisions etc is in my opinion bad sportsmanship.

No mate you missed the point: this is a discussion, and whilst your point is correct for the players, it isn't on this forum. Anyone is free to give their opinion, as long as it is done in a tasteful and non personal manner.

If someone things they should scrutinise the referees decision then they should be able to. The referees are professional therefore they should be able to be criticised, where warranted, just like any other professional. How else will there be potential improvement of decisions, if they are "untouchable"? To do anything else is folly and leads down a darker road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

All Black Magic

Two good decisions, not like the poor non-decision of the forward pass in the World Cup final.

Reality 5 tries. You kiwis are not good whiners r u? Need to watch us Aussie more closely. ;)

No he complained because he wasn't going to catch him. The Aussie player, imo, has the full right to move his position, jostle, push shoulder on shoulder, but does not have the right to hold back or pull back. Try and poor decision.

No Try and good decision.
Case closed

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Most disappointing thing for me is how we keep making the same mistakes.

Here's a list of the ABs trys - you could have written these after just about every game.

1st try ABs get possession from a shallow kick from Foley, then poor miss from Hodge in the centres
2nd try Lineout after scrum penalty, then Speight’s poor miss in the centres
3rd try, another chargedown (Hodge)
4th try coughing up an offload while hot on attack (Phipps to Speight) and then the Abs go 75m
5th try, Turnover - Frisby get isolated, then Abs go 75m and Speight and Frisby get run over
6th try, poor clearance from Foley, Abs in the opposite corner - Hooper missed a difficult one

7th try (disallowed), Coleman turned-over. Abs go through the gap when AAA can’t get across
I was out so missed first half.

Finally got to watch the game on replay and first half I missed. Foley and Folau were back to their best and timani showing can be our future 8.

We were not good enough to beat all blacks - improving and with some problems areas we have found some solutions this year. Hodge worth persisting with and hopefully other new talent like Simone can emerge in time as other 12 options. Dhp convinced worthy of 14 every game more just whether would be better at 15 with Folau moved elsewhere. Koribete might solve other wing option as speight did not convince whilst yes must be better long term 6 options.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
This is ridiculous. You can claim it was the correct decision all you want but a plain interpretation of the laws shows it to be wrong. He has to be in a position to make a tackle to be impeded from attempting a tackle. Otherwise he cant be impeded. The fact all you mungoes have jumped onto our forum further emphasises how ridiculous the call was. If it wasn't none of you would have created accounts in order to defend it. Literally everyone in the world but your will see that as the wrong decision. Go back to your own forum.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Oh, so now Wallaby fans are gonna agree with Kaplan?

In case you didn't notice, an international referee made the call in the first place.

Nope - just agreeing with the rest of the world mate.
All except a handful of kiwis who just don't get it, or don't want to.
Even Saveas comments were telling.
After the game, Savea said: "To be honest, I wasn't sure I was going to get there anyway, but the TMO call was made and sometimes the rub of the green goes your way. We were pretty relieved and happy that they didn't score. We definitely saw that they were a bit pissed off"
But your posts and the fact you came here just to announce them makes it pretty clear this is going nowhere so I'll take the cue of others and leave it at that.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
So Foley gets picked over the better performing Cooper. Has a good running game but average kicking game and can only lead the team to one try in 75 minutes then Cheika's move is to put Cooper on with 5 to go. Apart from him acting like a pork chop on numerous occasions his dubious selections and questionable substitutions has firmed my opinion that he is ver highly overrated and that his coaching success last year was more of an aberration than the norm.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
It's not enough for these grubs to win every single game ever. They have to go onto other nations forums and be dicks about it. This is a joke.

A

All Black Magic

tumblr_ofg7weg5qD1sg3nzko1_540.png

How close do you have to be?

Thankyou for clearing this up with photo evidence.
A player like Savea could easily have tackled the player
from that position.
Two good decisions, not like the poor non-decision of the forward pass in the World Cup final.

Reality 5 tries. You kiwis are not good whiners r u? Need to watch us Aussie more closely. ;)

Actually 6 tries -1 against Wallabies last nite not 5 , my bad.
9 tries -nil against the Boks in SA.

The full replays look like hi light packages.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Never really understood the presence of AB fans on what is clearly a wallaby fan board. Surely you've your own boards on which you can tastelessly gloat.

Same reason why I get a bunch of texts from my kiwi mates during/after games.
They can only stroke each other so many times before it gets boring and they feel the need to start looking elsewhere for entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.