• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand vs Australia - Bledisloe 2, 24th August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Penalties were interesting - Wallabies gave away 16, ABs just 8.

Our problem is that our forwards don't compete the whole game. We are there in fits and spurts. The ABs wear it while we are competing, then blow us away when they get ascendancy.

Our set piece went from being dominant last week to being dominated this week. Alexander and Moore, in particular, didn't have happy games in the front row, and Sio struggled when he came on. Not sure what we can do with our scrum from here, although Peyper's interpretation didn't help.

A few players have question marks - Genia, Mogg in particular. Kuridrani off the bench in both games has provided entirely the wrong impact.

Not sure what to do with the forwards, Fardy was good, Hooper was again outstanding, particularly in the first half.
I'm betting Hooper's stats will show some good stuff, but his breakdown involvement might be questioned again. Wait and see.

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
Horwill was ineffective as captain. Bad decisions in letting Mogg kick for penalties, not taking points and not being in Peypers ear every god damn time they gave away a penalty in their 22!

p.s. fuck these scrums they are a fucking joke now. we shouldve just faked an injury to get uncontested scrums.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm calming down now but I am so close to cancelling foxtel, I only have it for Rugby & if I keep getting worked up like this it's not good.

What shit's me is that our players show promise but always go to shit on the big stage why do Pocock & Hooper have to be the same position why wasn't one of them born an all dominating Prop or flyhalf.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Horwill was ineffective as captain. Bad decisions in letting Mogg kick for penalties, not taking points and not being in Peypers ear every god damn time they gave away a penalty in their 22!

p.s. fuck these scrums they are a fucking joke now. we shouldve just faked an injury to get uncontested scrums.

Agree - I really expected Horwill to walk out for the 2nd half and go up to Peyper and give him some food for thought: surely with the number of coaches they have someone had done some of the analysis that posters on here do in real time - surely?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Agree - I really expected Horwill to walk out for the 2nd half and go up to Peyper and give him some food for thought: surely with the number of coaches they have someone had done some of the analysis that posters on here do in real time - surely?

Well, after he made the stupidest remark ever for a Wallaby captain - referring to last week's game to this week's ref - is anyone genuinely surprised?

The best thing captaincy ever did to Kev was stop him being a complete knob head tough guy wannabe. But that isn't enough any more. Less complaining, more suggesting.

And can we give White more than 3 minutes at the end?

Not that it'll matter - Quade will start against the Boks.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Horwill was constantly in Peypers ear, especially about the All Blacks infringing in the 22. Peyper wasn't prepared to listen.

Lealiifano had a solid game I thought. Came In at first receiver at times to vary the point of attack.

As a whole, our bench has not provided a positive impact on the game. Something that needs to be looked at.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Horwill was constantly in Peypers ear, especially about the All Blacks infringing in the 22. Peyper wasn't prepared to listen.

Lealiifano had a solid game I thought. Came I a at first receiver at times to vary the point of attack.

As a whole, our bench has not provided a positive impact on the game. Something that needs to be looked at.

On replay I think you will find Lilo's defense was shocking. They were running great lines on either side. Rushed up way too many times and gave Nonu & Smith some big ole holes the run through.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
What happened to our scrum..are we really back to sqaure one again?

No - both those 5m scrums Woodcock went in completely sideways and first won a turnover then a penalty. It was fucking pathetic refereeing.

Note how we got back on even terms once he went off? He's not that good a prop and never really has been - just scores tries and is allowed to get away with murder.

G

galumay

yes, another shit game under Link, his post match interview was lame as well. Most of these duds don't even deserve to play against a great team like the AB's. Sadly I am not even sure what the solution is, we need somehow to build a culture like the kiwis have, and that requires layers of competition from schoolboys through various layers of club football culminating in something like the ITM cup. Until we develop a structure like that we will struggle to perform and compete at the top level. Whether the coach is Dingo or Link won't change the real problems and so the results will continue to disappoint. Its hard to see us troubling the Boks in our current shape and it could be a very long season for the long suffering fans.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Penalties were interesting - Wallabies gave away 16, ABs just 8.

Our problem is that our forwards don't compete the whole game. We are there in fits and spurts. The ABs wear it while we are competing, then blow us away when they get ascendancy.

Our set piece went from being dominant last week to being dominated this week. Alexander and Moore, in particular, didn't have happy games in the front row, and Sio struggled when he came on. Not sure what we can do with our scrum from here, although Peyper's interpretation didn't help.

A few players have question marks - Genia, Mogg in particular. Kuridrani off the bench in both games has provided entirely the wrong impact.

Not sure what to do with the forwards, Fardy was good, Hooper was again outstanding, particularly in the first half.

Fardy was excellent but maybe a move to the second row in place of Simmons is on the cards with Palu or Higgers or any ball running 8 coming back into the back row.
Genias hesitancy is stalling the backline while Lilo is starting to come into his own.
Our forwards need to work as a pack and protect the pill. There was a lot of one out stuff again tonight and it looked disjointed from the forwards in particular.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Nah, To'omua played well... One of our best tonight...

Mogg unfortunately hot and cold...

I need to check the tape but my recollection was that To'omua's defense was very poor and led directly to at least 2 of the AB line breaks.

NFL

Frank Nicholson (4)
Clearly the AB's are playing dirty rugby when the Wallabies get some pace up inside the 22 and clearly the ref doesn't care or notice.
Knowing that, is there anything they can do ?
What about a line-out and another shot at the line ?

Status
Not open for further replies.