• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand vs Australia - Bledisloe 2, 24th August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Fix the basics. Too much of the bread and butter stuff is broken.

Ref, Black players cheating, etc. Yes but that's jsut blah blah blah.

Too much poor rugby too often to beat the AB's. I suspect it will look better against the Boks but the ABs expose weaknesses in a horribly obvious way.

tekay

Peter Burge (5)
I can hear that police siren now, it's got an awfully familiar sound of a whiney fan after a loss :)

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised that no one has mentioned Simmons cynical play about 10m from the AB try line where he came in from the side off his feet and just grabbed the ball that was sitting in the ruck whilst the ABs were hot on attack...[/quote

C'mon man. Without the Ref on your side tonight the awesome AB's weren't looking so awesome.

tekay

Peter Burge (5)
its not quite utter bullshit, ignoring those ref errors the AB's were still the better team

I just completely disagree. Any team suffers when momentum is killed even the AB's. If the Refereeing had been right we could have won that game.

There was nothing special about the AB's tonight accept their 16th player.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
The ABs are all class, no doubt. The first try scored by the Wobs which was converted to a penalty by the supremely competent Peyper, robbed us of some valuable momentum, which in these games is as valuable as water to a lost backpacker in the Simpson. We didn't seem to have the confidence or knowledge to extrapolate ourselves from the dilemma after the event. A Tony Robbins weekend workshop is perhaps is in order, to build some confidence and self belief.

We are on the right track. Instant results and gratification is rarely achieved against such adversity, especially after a period of stagnation and poor guidance. The path to success always has to start with a step in the right direction.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Don't think anyone is claiming the ABs were awesome tonight at all. Plenty of criticism on a NZ forum directed towards the play of Dagg and Nonu, our poor lineout in the first half for instance.

But as a few others have pointed out there are some serious concerns for the Wallabies and their ability to execute consistently. It was evident tonight and last week and in the final Lions test.

Also on Stephen Moore, he had a very poor game IMO. He often rates in my top 2 or 3 Wallabies after a test over the last few years, but he seemed well off his game tonight. Poor technique at trying to clean out bodies, hit and miss with the lineout, failed to hook the ball at scrum time. Just a really bad night.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
So I wasn't the only one who noticed how slow the Wallaby backs (in particular) and forwards (to a lesser extent) were to align?

When you receive a kick, the team needs to work hard to get themselves behind the ball to provide options. There's little effort from the Wallaby players to get back and provide credible options from kick receipts.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Put Folau as fullback, What Mogg better than Izzy ?? Have to be Joking !!! He is wasted out there and from what I am hearing Union might lose him to league he won't stay at Rugby if they don't spread it out wide, after the scrums, etc. perfect time. Too many mistakes, only a few can catch the ball on the full.

I reckon its a lot harder for the AB's to keep the ball away from our fullback than from our right wing

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'm fed up of ppl not saying it how it is. The politics is crazy. I made a Joke saying nah f em. What part of my post did u not like. Talk about the poor refereeing performance or the booing to quade?
I didn't much like any of it.
Particularly the shit about how the ABs don't deserve to win the Cup. Just gibberish shit. If you can't grasp that we were outplayed, beyond anything Peyper did, then you're kind of beyond help.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Fuck me I'm sick of watching those smug bastards beat us. Every time. Who'd watch a tv show where the bad guys always win?? I've had it.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
You missed the point - his illegal tactics are why our scrum looked crap. When he went off, we looked a lot better.

And the two key scrums he bored in like Bill Young. It has always been his trick and he looks very ordinary when he's not allowed to do it.

If the next best loose head in New Zealand is Wyatt Crockett, it's no surprise he's got 100.

Haters gonna hate....

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Its getting like a pantomime now, complete with villains. Expect Basil Fawlty to have a cameo role in Dunedin

Pantomime. Yeah, that's how the English cricket commentators justify the booing of Dave Warner.

Well, you can't put lipstick on a pig. Booing individual players, game after game, is contemptible.

What'll happen eventually is that our bogans will start to respond, until every contest between our teams is played out to a continuous background of catcalls and jeers. Not my cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.