• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand vs Australia - Bledisloe 2, 24th August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
I just can't work out why we kept kicking the ball away, especially when we were behind. Why not run it from the back? Even Cooper kicked the ball away when we had a 4 on 2. The Kiwi commentators couldn't work it out either.

Also, I only remember Folau getting the ball once apart from the intercept, and on that touch he got well past the advantage line. Either he needs to go looking for the ball more often, or he needs to be moved from the wing.

I think Mogg needs to go. Too many mistakes, both in terms of missed tackles and kicking errors. Move either O'Connor or Folau to fullback and bring in the Honey Badger.

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
Also, Genia. Just clear the ball from the back quickly. Gregan used to annoy me as well with his pick it up and take a few steps before passing. Puts enormous pressure on the team.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Is there a match review by a citing commissioner after tests or is just on a complaint basis? Nonu should be in trouble for the shoulder but A.Smith could be in trouble or at least asked to please explain too.
There was a ruck that he started using his shoes on which I'm fine with but then I realised that Hooper's head was very close to where he was striking. There could be nothing in it but given the IRBs stance on boots near heads earlier in the year they may look at it.
If its only a complaint thing then maybe not but I am curious if there is a 'review' process for test matches.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Given how low the scrums are going, would a short-arse like Robinson be an option at 1? We were getting some grief there, even accepting any skullduggery from Woodcock suggested by Pfitzy. Hard to judge Slipper too much as he went off, but Sio seemed to have some problems.
We seem to be late-adapters with law changes.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I like Mowen, I don't think he should be dropped. But as it stands he had a great debut, but is yet to show he can consistently perform at test level. I hope he shows us this RC series that he can.

I think he was one of our best playing at 6 during the Lions.........

But yes, average the past two games....... very poor tonight.......

However, the lineout went to complete shift when he left the field........

Needs a kick up the ass....... like Genia and a few other players..........

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I think our second row is probably not up to it right now.

Sio, and all the Brumbies fans here, is discovering that Super Rugby ain't Test rugby. The AB five are working together very well, and their flankers add to that. Our flankers lifted their heads a couple of times, and I still have doubts over Simmons' ability to support his loosehead directly, and assist with stabilising right against the boring in.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Honeymoon well and truely over for Link. I get why he chose Mogg/ To'omua again and To'omua (somewhat) repaid the faith. Mogg did not. And he should cop shit for taking that risk because there we plenty of other options he could've gone with. Again, execution is our killer. We just cant deliver that final blow and its something we saw with the Reds this year as well.

Peyper was also horrific. Did not help our game when you have a blind ref running around making stupid calls and missing bleedingly obvious shoulder charges.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Seemed to me AB's got the rub of the green in that game. Also agree on Woodcock. One scrum he bores completely sideways, we get the ball. The next scrum the Wallabies do it and get penalized. Was a little embarrassing.

Regardless of the ref I don't think it would have changed the result. AB's just worked hard and did the little things better again. Wallabies kicking again woeful, Mogg seems to feel he needs to do something different at test level. Just back your natural game mate.

Nonu showed why no team wants him, blatant idiotic shoulder charge for no reason. It just shows bloody disrespect to your fellow teammates who are busting their gut on defense. He's always rushing out of the line and not to shut them down, it's to put a hit on. Selfish. Arrogant. His decision making was poor tonight as well and not just his intercept.

A.Smith, Luatua are having blinders. B. Smith just doing the basics right and getting the rewards.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Is there a match review by a citing commissioner after tests or is just on a complaint basis? Nonu should be in trouble for the shoulder but A.Smith could be in trouble or at least asked to please explain too.
There was a ruck that he started using his shoes on which I'm fine with but then I realised that Hooper's head was very close to where he was striking. There could be nothing in it but given the IRBs stance on boots near heads earlier in the year they may look at it.
If its only a complaint thing then maybe not but I am curious if there is a 'review' process for test matches.

They picked up on the Aaron Smith incident in the analysis on Sky. Not sure if he'll be cited as with the citing process not very much is predictable.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Seemed to me AB's got the rub of the green in that game. Also agree on Woodcock. One scrum he bores completely sideways, we get the ball. The next scrum the Wallabies do it and get penalized. Was a little embarrassing.

Regardless of the ref I don't think it would have changed the result. AB's just worked hard and did the little things better again. Wallabies kicking again woeful, Mogg seems to feel he needs to do something different at test level. Just back your natural game mate.

Nonu showed why no team wants him, blatant idiotic shoulder charge for no reason. It just shows bloody disrespect to your fellow teammates who are busting their gut on defense. He's always rushing out of the line and not to shut them down, it's to put a hit on. Selfish. Arrogant. His decision making was poor tonight as well and not just his intercept.

A.Smith, Luatua are having blinders. B. Smith just doing the basics right and getting the rewards.

Peyper was very, very poor tonight........ but he can't do anything about ineffectual Wallaby cleanout, dumb kicking, not contesting the high ball and silly errors........

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Disgraceful reffing by the all Saffa connection. How there wasnt a kiwi yellow on at least three occasions only those dickheads will know.

Absolutely disgraceful - win fair.. but that was a waste of time and as for cocky kiwi who said dont bother about Dunedin you know what we should send a D team in protest of such lop sided refereeing.

Why do I bother. AFL STARTING TO LOOK LIKE A BETTER OPTION
Did we not infringe in the dying minutes in a similar way?

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Luatua has played two tests and has had two fantastic games, completely blown away my expectations from watching him play S15 and NPC.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Luatua has played two tests and has had two fantastic games, completely blown away my expectations from watching him okay S15 and NPC.

He has met mine. He fully expected him to play really well.
His game awareness is excellent for such a young guy.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Luatua has played two tests and has had two fantastic games, completely blown away my expectations from watching him okay S15 and NPC.

Yeah, huge future. I remember watching him in the u20's, he was quality then and he's gone from strength to strength.

The Rock

Ward Prentice (10)
Put Folau as fullback, What Mogg better than Izzy ?? Have to be Joking !!! He is wasted out there and from what I am hearing Union might lose him to league he won't stay at Rugby if they don't spread it out wide, after the scrums, etc. perfect time. Too many mistakes, only a few can catch the ball on the full.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
err, i would rate it as the #1 problem in that game. Cost us the game, amongst all the other stuff o_O .
I don't think any one thing cost us that game.
I struggle to think of any part of the game the Wobblies won.
Another comprehensive victory,we are just not good enough.
I am not seeing this new style we have been promised.unless they are forming up,behind the goal posts in a different configuration than they used to.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
He has met mine. He fully expected him to play really well.
His game awareness is excellent for such a young guy.

Just imagine the selection dilemma when Messam's fit....and the there's the reports of Jerome Kaino coming back, embarrassment of riches.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Put Folau as fullback, What Mogg better than Izzy ?? Have to be Joking !!! He is wasted out there and from what I am hearing Union might lose him to league he won't stay at Rugby if they don't spread it out wide, after the scrums, etc. perfect time. Too many mistakes, only a few can catch the ball on the full.
Can Iz kick?

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
No - both those 5m scrums Woodcock went in completely sideways and first won a turnover then a penalty. It was fucking pathetic refereeing.

Note how we got back on even terms once he went off? He's not that good a prop and never really has been - just scores tries and is allowed to get away with murder.

So Woodcocks crap because your scrum got better when he went off. Logic fail.

Adam Jones called him his toughest ever opponent. That and 100 caps tells me that perhaps he's pretty handy

Status
Not open for further replies.