• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand vs Australia Oct 11 2020 Bledisloe Cup

dru

Tim Horan (67)

We should probably keep an open mind.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/bl...SZI7FIKDBTZFBXVF4XZWJWIIU/#Echobox=1602473874

Clearly when you take 1 specific from a game and put the microscope to it things are apt to being out of proportion if not out of context. Still, whether you liked the ref or not the penalty count was a big element in flattening our performance. We can’t miss the penalties that should have been to us, but if the shoe fits the other foot - we should wear it.

Playing rugby at breakaway at school nothing gave me greater pleasure than being fast enough to crunch the fly half, oh scrunching a gabby halfback maybe. And it is a fabulous achievement all the way to modern tests. You’d be mad though, to think this won’t be under more scrutiny in Bled’ 2.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/bl...SZI7FIKDBTZFBXVF4XZWJWIIU/#Echobox=1602473874

Clearly when you take 1 specific from a game and put the microscope to it things are apt to being out of proportion if not out of context. Still, whether you liked the ref or not the penalty count was a big element in flattening our performance. We can’t miss the penalties that should have been to us, but if the shoe fits the other foot - we should wear it.

Playing rugby at breakaway at school nothing gave me greater pleasure than being fast enough to crunch the fly half, oh scrunching a gabby halfback maybe. And it is a fabulous achievement all the way to modern tests. You’d be mad though, to think this won’t be under more scrutiny in Bled’ 2.
Definitely will be under more scrutiny now but the job’s been done: it rattled him and he didn’t have his best game so his confidence will be down and he’ll be battered and bruised going into the next match. He’ll also constantly be looking up expecting to see someone in his face.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I noticed a few borderline tackles on Mo'unga, I don't mind it at all. I'd classify it as 'playing on the edge' rather than 'dirty'. If you get the timing right then you can smash the 10 and plant a seed of doubt in his head everytime he has the ball. If you get it wrong you concede the penalty and maybe put that tactic away for the rest of the game.

As long as it's not high, or with the shoulder, or from the side/behind, then I say go for it. Nice to see us playing hard and physical.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I noticed a few borderline tackles on Mo'unga, I don't mind it at all. I'd classify it as 'playing on the edge' rather than 'dirty'. If you get the timing right then you can smash the 10 and plant a seed of doubt in his head everytime he has the ball. If you get it wrong you concede the penalty and maybe put that tactic away for the rest of the game.

As long as it's not high, or with the shoulder, or from the side/behind, then I say go for it. Nice to see us playing hard and physical.

I thought the only one that warranted a penalty was Wilson's. He did it well though because he did complete the tackle so it's a penalty at worst.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I thought the only one that warranted a penalty was Wilson's. He did it well though because he did complete the tackle so it's a penalty at worst.
In real time I didn’t think it was late enough to warrant a penalty.

But maybe that was just my joy at seeing us belt their 10.

In a similar vein I thought Tupou should have been awarded a penalty for belting Aaron Smith off the ball.

Reactions: dru

Penguin

John Solomon (38)

The hypocrisy is a national pastime.

Every loose forward would be proud of those efforts.
He's got a sore shoulder, awww , that's an occupational hazard isn't it? Nothing near the head so nothing to talk about.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yeah loose forwards have been trying to half kill opposition inside backs since the game started. There were some marginal hits on the weekend, but it's no more or less than we've seen at test level on any other given week. You can bet your life that the AB's were trying to do the same on JOC (James O'Connor).

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)

It's inspiring that Mo'unga has achieved so much in spite of such a significant disability.

aviary-image-1602552277912.jpeg

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
The hypocrisy is so chunky you could carve it.

You really are a poor man's troll. Did you do your apprenticeship in the Planet Rugby forums?

There's no need for the hostility coming from certain Australian posters on here, you fellas ought to have learnt to more tolerant towards your Kiwi counterparts considering your 2nd NZ head coach in 7 years now.. you lot are mostly pathetically predictable, we all know what's going to happen once Rennie inevitably gets a few losses under his belt. Sincerely hope we don't see a repeat of the blatant Xenophobia that Deans was subject to. As the man himself said: "Rugby is a team game and no alignment means no outcome invariably".

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
There's no need for the hostility coming from certain Australian posters on here, you fellas ought to have learnt to more tolerant towards your Kiwi counterparts considering your 2nd NZ head coach in 7 years now.. you lot are mostly pathetically predictable, we all know what's going to happen once Rennie inevitably gets a few losses under his belt. Sincerely hope we don't see a repeat of the blatant Xenophobia that Deans was subject to. As the man himself said "Rugby is a team game and no alignment means no outcome invariably".

You might be the first troll I’ve ever seen who somehow manages to get upset when they get their desired bites.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
As for Mo’unga, only the Wilson hit deserved a penalty for being a bit late.

You want to know something, as Foster said if the ref didn't think they were a penalty they weren't, so none of them were! Same as if the ref wasn't in touch he wasn't?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I don't recall those same Kiwi journo's writing about Dan Coles' numerous cheap shots/tackles throughout his career.

It's selective writing by those on the otherside of the ditch. It's fine when they do it, but when shoes on the other foot its "HOW DARE THEY".

How many write ups have you reaf by Liam Napier? He is usually pretty harsh on any late shots, and why he would mention what dan Coles the Pommie prop does is beyond me:p

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
As for Mo’unga, only the Wilson hit deserved a penalty for being a bit late.

Daugunu shot prior to the Ioane no try was an Owen Farrell special (no arms). I was also concerned about a tip tackle he did later in the match but it hasn't really been spoken about.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I saw that tip, it looked accidental (as in, he wasn't trying to make a tackle - they just collided) but i never saw a replay.