• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand vs Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
The AB team looks pretty good. Bit dissapointed for thommo, he is a far better all round player than Vito imo, but I suspect that he may also be getting rested after such a huge workload in the S15 so far.

Thomson seems to fade in a season.. He is more of a 6.5, than the out & out hard, destructive force the NZ'er prefer to play at 6.

Vito plays a tighter game, and his form has been good.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Delighted with the Ireland side although obviously we will miss two world class players in POC and Bueller.

Declan Fitzpatrick has been on my radar for a while and I am pleased for him that he has got a run of games after having a brutal time with injuries; he is just the sort of ugly, cussed fella you want as a three and I have a feeling he will be fine at scrumtime.

Tuohy and DR is the best second row combination available and DOC off the bench is the best place for him although I am disappointed that Toner is not in NZ instead.

Hope it is POM 6 and SOB 7 as stated but Heaslip really needs to step up and be the leader in the back 5 of that very inexperienced pack of forwards.

Hope CM and Sexton finally start to click, CM has been good when fit in 2012.

Can't wait to see the Earl line up with BOD. BOD's distribution since he has returned with two working shoulders has been outstanding and Keet's tackling partnership with Donncha Ryan at Munster has stood to him.

Pleased to see the Zebo unleashed, he has had a good break (unfortunately) which I hope has sharpened him up. McFadden copped plenty of flak for the Wales game but I would say he was put into a near impossible position by the late call up and being played next door to D'Arcy. Hope Kearney does not have alot of tackling to do and NZ try and kick the hell out of him but I don't think they will be that stupid.

Pleased to see a two sided prop on the bench after the Twickenham debacle, congratulations Ronan Loughney who has worked his Bollix off for Connacht and deserves his chance. Cave is there on merit although, much as it pains me to say it, I would sooner ROG was back in Cork and Madigan was getting the run.

No one will give Ireland a chance and that NZ side is terrifying but I think some of these fellas could surprise a few!! Ireland to win by 5.;)

P.S. Bardon, did you catch the U20s great victory over the baby Boks? Iain Henderson, Tadhg Furlong, Luke McGrath and JJ Hanrahan are the future and the future looks bright!!!!!!!

Murray is too slow to get to the breakdown and to clear ball once he get there. I never understood how he gets the nod over quicker players like Reddan who has the combination with Sexton. The Irish can win consistently if the play a "full-court" up tempo game as they just dont have the pack to grind the opposition down and kick for the corners, and so I'm surprised at Murray's continued selection.

New systems for the Abs in the first game of the year should give a more well-worn Irish outfit their best shot of a win in this series. But if the ABs click, I think Ireland will be severely hammered.

J

Jiggles

Can't wait to see Vito play, he has been in very good form. He made the Waratah's pack his bitch the other week.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
AB's will have learnt from the humiliation of the Wallabies in Newcastle. There will be no complacency.
AB's will thrash them via the scrum then the tackle contest and finally through the backs.
AB's by 15.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
AB's will have learnt from the humiliation of the Wallabies in Newcastle. There will be no complacency.
AB's will thrash them via the scrum then the tackle contest and finally through the backs.
AB's by 15.

Shag has already noted that tuesday night was a wake up call for him and the ABs. No compacency now.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep he could well be Joe, but Shag wants to let him come into All Blacks slowly, I agree, lets not put too much on the kid just yet.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So excited for this game, even if I know in my heart of hearts that it'll probably go the way of every other test between us and NZ. I'm a big optimist, in many games against NZ we've been 20-30 points down and then we score a try or 2 and I still believe we can pull of an amazing comeback.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
AB's by 15.

Looking ominous for the Spud Bashers, The Darkness by 20 at half time. Carter is back 100% from the boot.

And the Spud Bashers aren't playing too bad.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
A lot of that AB team is in form (in stark contrast to half the Wobblies team), and they've gelled together wonderfully already.

Looks like a long night for the Irish, down by 27 with 35 to go.

Oh and great captaincy by McCaw to accumulate points early to guarantee a good lead. Wallabies could learn from that.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Irish pull one back against the run of play. Turn over, no NZ fullback to drop back, Irish kick through and it is McCaw vs the Oirish winger. Nice try, but can't see them scoring through normal play right now.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This Irish mob are not half bad, and the Darkness are making them look like the Bowral Blacks under 16's.

Can not wait for the text and emails from my "mates" who live over the Dutch. - Not!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Ireland :(. They've put up a better fight than the score suggests, a few defensive lapses have cost them. AB's too good this game, Carters kicking brilliant. Savea is on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.