• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NFL Football

NFL BoofBall is

• what the, where's the ball, oh, there it is, ah shit they've stopped again. Another timeout? GAHH!

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Rugby, ruined

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Vicious and awesome

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Embarrassing pants

• Stupid

• Foreign

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Excuse me, did you just call me foreign?

• Prefer not to say

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C

• How much for the Monet?

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I follow it avidly. I just have multiple other places to talk about it. A couple of fantasy football league group chats and a Slack channel related to my beloved Buffalo Bills.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Do you believe you can win the SB with Josh Allen? I love him and watching his play but I doubt it can go all the way. Especially in the AFC right now.

Can see them being a consistently top team but getting pipped at the end.

Hope I’m wrong.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Do you believe you can win the SB with Josh Allen? I love him and watching his play but I doubt it can go all the way. Especially in the AFC right now.

Can see them being a consistently top team but getting pipped at the end.

Hope I’m wrong.

Yes. I think he's one of top few QBs in the league so he is definitely good enough to take the team to a title. Whether or not it happens is another question. The league is stacked with great QBs and you undoubtedly need a fair bit of luck to win a Super Bowl.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
Who had a worse weekend ..

IMG_9765.jpeg

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
So, for all of your footballing intellectuals, if you're going to run the good old Eagles not-maul on 4th-and-whatever, why use the QB instead of a wildcat formation with an RB taking the direct snap? Or go full beefiness and chuck a linesman in there, or something equally nonsensical.

In other words, why risk your QB in an obvious ""sneak"" instead of a post-human freak of nature?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
They backed Hurts all year last year to do it. He’s a big hard runner and it keep the defence slightly spread because the threat of passing is still there. Personally I think it’s dumb as you are putting your QB at risk which is season ending for the team if it goes slightly wrong.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So, for all of your footballing intellectuals, if you're going to run the good old Eagles not-maul on 4th-and-whatever, why use the QB instead of a wildcat formation with an RB taking the direct snap? Or go full beefiness and chuck a linesman in there, or something equally nonsensical.

In other words, why risk your QB in an obvious ""sneak"" instead of a post-human freak of nature?

Because timing is everything. The cadence between the center and the QB in terms of the snap and then everyone moving at once is crucial.

If you try and do that with different personnel you either need to dedicate plenty of time to training it or you risk false starts and getting the snap wrong and going nowhere.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Hey all. Is the only way to get into this the NZAL Game Pass - I only really want to watch the one team.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hey all. Is the only way to get into this the NZAL Game Pass - I only really want to watch the one team.

NFL Game Pass is now on DAZN which has all the games and Red Zone covering the two main blocks of Sunday games (Monday morning our time).

ESPN on Kayo shows Thursday Night Football, 1 early window Sunday game, 1 late window Sunday game, Sunday Night Football and Monday Night Football.

I believe Channel 7 shows 2 games per week (one early and one late window on Sunday).

Depending on what team you want to watch you may get to see them fairly frequently without NFL Game Pass depending on how often they are in prime time or have a nationally televised game (which tends to be the ESPN/Channel 7 options).

If you want to watch a shit team you may only get to see them a couple of times a year without access to Game Pass.

Which team out of interest? I have attached this week's TV schedule.

Attachments

• F7fxOVFaYAAvW01.jpeg
    F7fxOVFaYAAvW01.jpeg
    926.8 KB · Views: 43

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Which team out of interest? I have attached this week's TV schedule.

Thanks Braveheart. I was thinking of the Green Bay Packers as people I spent time with in Alaska a long time ago were fans. Otherwise family follow 69ers.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
BH with the best explanation.

I use to get the NBA League pass just for one team. They offered it as a cheaper option. I’d then pick up other games/playoffs on Kayo/SBS.

Can try a VPN for cheaper prices. Mexico always a winner for me.

Reactions: dru