• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

November Internationals not involving Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Fuck yes Ireland!!!!

On the darker side of things it feels like the USA v. NZ Maori was a testament to the failure of the Mitchell experiment. Kicking is as woeful as ever, scrum has gone backwards since he was appointed, ruck accuracy has gone backwards, handling is as frustrating as ever (same as the RWC - multiple phases of strong carries with guys absolutely steaming on the ball using good lines only for someone to knock it on right as the defense is capitulating). How the fuck can USAR just sign a guy who is going to spend the majority of his time in South Africa as a rugby analyst when he's supposed to be building up our national side?

Guess it's time to go an get my level 2 cert and at least pretend I'm doing something about this joke of a situation over here.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Congrats to Ireland on what sounds like a really good win.

OK so the record winning streak is over but at least it wasn't the fuckin' poms who did it, we'd be hearing about it for donkeys if it were whereas I reckon the Irish will relish the win without being dicks about it.

Also I kinda don't mind that Ireland have finally joined the list of countries who've beaten the AB, by my reckoning I'm 3/8 Irish & I've always had a soft spot for them rugby-wise.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
111 years of shame over, Ireland win a game
The Irish Women's 7's broke the mould when they defeated NZL at the Olympics. Shame over.

<snip>
OK so the record winning streak is over but at least it wasn't the fuckin' poms who did it, we'd be hearing about it for donkeys if it were whereas I reckon the Irish will relish the win without being dicks about it.
<snip>
While still well below the threshold of Dickness that we have become accustomed to seeing in the past from Australian Cricket team in their on field sledging, didn't Munster display the score from their 1978 victory on the Thormond Park Scoreboard "forever".

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
General Warning to all.

Some of the more feral of the NZ Rugby Team Supporters will be hurting, particularly those they were recently on here gloating after Bledisloe 3.

Do not lower yourselves to their level and think you have to repay their trolling in kind. Silence can be a very loud statement.

Banter is OK. Trolling is not.

G

galumay

Great game by the Irish, thouroughly deserved their win. A really well thought out game plan, lots of variations, great accuracy and surprisingly didnt fall off too much in the last 20. Nice after match interview by Read, showed his class with his comments on Ireland.

Wallabies will be worried! They can only hope the AB's bash Ireland into tomorrow in the next game!

ps Signing up for Team All Blacks and buying the streaming coverage was well worth the $7.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Mate no way was that the AB strongest team available, Irish were just too good for them, and no way was it because the ABs put out a B team or anything like that. I not even on a downer with us losing, ABs had to drop a game eventually, so pleased it against a well coached team that created history doing it!!
I think you misunderstood me but anyway it doesn't matter. Given your other games are against Italy and France I would have thought the A team would have been penned in for the Ireland games, that's all I was getting at.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think you misunderstood me but anyway it doesn't matter. Given your other games are against Italy and France I would have thought the A team would have been penned in for the Ireland games, that's all I was getting at.

Yep I get you KOB, I was just kind of making sure that there was no thought that the ABs were beaten because it wasn't best team, I know you weren't getting at anyone.
I actually surprised how good I feel after the loss, (not that it usually worries me anyway too much) , just think we needed an AB loss to get excitement back into the tests? Not quite sure how to explain it, but I a bit pleased for Irish (and I not going to recall any Irish ancestry, because though I have Irish name etc and ancestors came from County Cork I a kiwi and nothing else) because they have come bloody close a few times and perhaps didn't deserve to have the title as a team that have never beaten the ABs.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Fuck yes Ireland!!!!

On the darker side of things it feels like the USA v. NZ Maori was a testament to the failure of the Mitchell experiment. Kicking is as woeful as ever, scrum has gone backwards since he was appointed, ruck accuracy has gone backwards, handling is as frustrating as ever (same as the RWC - multiple phases of strong carries with guys absolutely steaming on the ball using good lines only for someone to knock it on right as the defense is capitulating). How the fuck can USAR just sign a guy who is going to spend the majority of his time in South Africa as a rugby analyst when he's supposed to be building up our national side?

Guess it's time to go an get my level 2 cert and at least pretend I'm doing something about this joke of a situation over here.

USARugger for US national rugby coach!!!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yes just watched the game - good contest and enjoyable game to watch.

If AB's going to see their record winning run come to an end then probably fitting to lose to an Irish side who were well drilled, structured and disciplined in defence and attack (don't recall many unforced errors).

Moreso as Irish finally lose that tag of never having beaten the AB's as they probably deserve not to have that tag. And whilst the AB's are the best side in the world, the Irish win restores other nations hope to be able to beat them, as you always want to feel your side is in the contest with a chance.

But if the Irish play that well against the Wallabies it will be a tough game for us to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.