• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

November Internationals not involving Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Wow - who would've thought.

I didn't tape the game because I thought it would be a flogging.

Well done Ireland.

Have to admit Coach Hanson was a class act after the match. Others should follow his lead.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Springboks also making some additions, Jesse Kriel heading home with a leg injury, replaced by Rohan Janse van Rensburg (YTF wasn't he there in the first place? I'm guessing quotas) & the foreign legion arriving:

Willem Alberts, Johan Goosen, Bryan Habana, Elton Jantjies, Steven Kitshoff, Willie le Roux, Vincent Koch, Lionel Mapoe, Franco Mostert, JP Petersen, Warren Whiteley.

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/janse-van-rensburg-promoted-to-bok-squad/

They are going to need every one of those reinforcements and then some!

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Wow - who would've thought.

I didn't tape the game because I thought it would be a flogging.

Well done Ireland.

Have to admit Coach Hanson was a class act after the match. Others should follow his lead.

Hanson is very selective which teams he will congratulate after a game. He did well but if that had been Australia it would have been a very different matter.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hanson is very selective which teams he will congratulate after a game. He did well but if that had been Australia it would have been a very different matter.

Bollocks Hawko, you obviously pretty selective in what you read or watch, did you not see Hansen congratulating Wallabies after win last year, and saying how well the Wallabies played beating the ABs at the breakdown etc? I have never seen him fail to congratulate team that beats his team, but the thing I like that he says is best is when the ABs get beaten he always says 'WE' who is not good enough, and when they win he almost always says the 'PLAYERS' did well.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ireland (83.67) will overtake Wales (80.97) at fifth when the World Rankings are updated & be within striking distance of South Africa (84.85). Australia (86.85) have increased their lead over SA but will struggle to overtake England (89.49) for second behind NZ (94.57).

Argentina (81.46) are now sixth, Wales seventh with France (80.75), Scotland (80.44) & Fiji (75.49) rounding out the top 10

http://www.worldrugby.org/rankings/mru

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
With apologies to Murray, the ebb and flow of the rankings from year to year would certainly make it better to delay the RWC draw until sometime closer to the tournament. An early draw will inevitably lead to some groups being stronger than others when the tournament comes around.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
It's much better than the 3 years in advance it was last time.

Need 2 from 3 and a good Six Nations.

The advantage, I guess, is that there's a significant gap between us, and the next eligible teams in Georgia and Japan, so we can afford to be a bit more risky in the search for points.

Plus, only about half a point separates us, Wales and France.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Barbarians are playing in Prague this weekend against the Czech Republic.

That sounds like a loose weekend for the BaaBaas players!

BARBARIANS SQUAD TO FACE THE CZECH REPUBLIC IN PRAGUE:
15 Clayton Blommetjies (Cheetahs)
14 Luke Morahan (Force & Australia)
13 Matt Faddes (Highlanders)
12 Robert du Preez (Stormers)
11 Taqele Naiyaravoro (Waratahs/Panasonic & Australia)
10 Richard Mo’unga (Crusaders)
9 Nic Stirzaker (Rebels)
1 Schalk van der Merwe (Montpellier)
2 Andrew Ready (Reds)
3 Toby Smith (Rebels & Australia)
4 Dan Tuohy (Ulster & Ireland, captain)
5 Martin Muller (Lions)
6 Sam Carter (Brumbies & Australia)
7 Kwagga Smith (Lions)
8 Ruan Ackermann (Lions)

Replacements:
16 Akker van der Merwe (Lions)
17 Reggie Goodes (Hurricanes)
18 Ben Franks (London Irish & New Zealand)
19 Michael Fatialofa (Hurricanes)
20 Brad Shields (Hurricanes)
21 Andy Ellis (Crusaders/Kobelco & New Zealand)
22 Jordan Taufua (Crusaders)
23 Melani Nanai (Blues)

Cyril Towers (30)

BARBARIANS SQUAD TO FACE THE CZECH REPUBLIC IN PRAGUE:
15 Clayton Blommetjies (Cheetahs)
14 Luke Morahan (Force & Australia)
13 Matt Faddes (Highlanders)
12 Robert du Preez (Stormers)
11 Taqele Naiyaravoro (Waratahs/Panasonic & Australia)
10 Richard Mo’unga (Crusaders)
9 Nic Stirzaker (Rebels)
1 Schalk van der Merwe (Montpellier)
2 Andrew Ready (Reds)
3 Toby Smith (Rebels & Australia)
4 Dan Tuohy (Ulster & Ireland, captain)
5 Martin Muller (Lions)
6 Sam Carter (Brumbies & Australia)
7 Kwagga Smith (Lions)
8 Ruan Ackermann (Lions)

Replacements:
16 Akker van der Merwe (Lions)
17 Reggie Goodes (Hurricanes)
18 Ben Franks (London Irish & New Zealand)
19 Michael Fatialofa (Hurricanes)
20 Brad Shields (Hurricanes)
21 Andy Ellis (Crusaders/Kobelco & New Zealand)
22 Jordan Taufua (Crusaders)
23 Melani Nanai (Blues)
The Czech game is on 4.30am tomorrow our time. They then go to Belfast to play Fiji on the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
With apologies to Murray, the ebb and flow of the rankings from year to year would certainly make it better to delay the RWC draw until sometime closer to the tournament. An early draw will inevitably lead to some groups being stronger than others when the tournament comes around.

It's much better than the 3 years in advance it was last time.

Need 2 from 3 and a good Six Nations.

The advantage, I guess, is that there's a significant gap between us, and the next eligible teams in Georgia and Japan, so we can afford to be a bit more risky in the search for points.

Plus, only about half a point separates us, Wales and France.

Once the Spring tours are done & we know where the SH sides sit, I think there's a forum thread & possible blog article(s) speculating who might end up in Band 1, 2 & 3, & the consequences draw-wise thereof.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Prague is a fantastic city - what an experience that'll be.

I spent about 2.5 hours walking back from a nightclub to my hostel that was probably about 2km away tops.

Walked through the same square about 6 times.

Says it all really.

That team will also give the Czech Republic an absolute spanking. It'll be a great experience for both teams.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
The Full game has been taken down off youtube but here is 22mins of highlights. Well worth watching.

Very powerful forward display by Ireland providing an excellent platform for the backs. The service from No. 9 was lightening quick. They All Blacked out the All Blacks.

Interestingly Ireland does not commit players when defending in the ruck. When the ABs scored was when they wrong footed the tall forwards in the defence line.

After the siren Aaron Cruden is a little bugger by not giving the ball to the Irish so they can kick it out to win.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Italy v New Zealand - Stadio Olympico, Rome
12 November - 14:00 GMT

Referee: Nigel Owens (Wal)
Assistants: Alexandre Ruiz (Fra) & Dudley Phillips (Ire)
TMO: Eric Gauzins (Fra)

Italy: 15 Edoardo Padovani, 14 Giulio Bisegni, 13 Tommaso Benvenuti, 12 Luke McLean, 11 Angelo Esposito, 10 Carlo Canna, 9 Giorgio Bronzini, 8 Sergio Parisse (c), 7 Simone Favaro, 6 Maxime Mbanda, 5 Andries Van Schalkwyk, 4 Marco Fuser, 3 Lorenzo Cittadini, 2 Leonardo Ghiraldini, 1 Andrea Lovotti. Replacements: 16 Ornel Gega, 17 Sami Panico, 18 Pietro Ceccarelli, 19 George Biagi, 20 Francesco Minto, 21 Edoardo Gori, 22 Tommaso Allan, 23 Tommaso Boni

New Zealand: 15 Damian McKenzie, 14 Israel Dagg, 13 Malakai Fekitoa, 12 Anton Lienert-Brown, 11 Waisake Naholo, 10 Aaron Cruden, 9 Tawera Kerr-Barlow, 8 Steven Luatua, 7 Sam Cane (c), 6 Elliot Dixon, 5 Scott Barrett, 4 Patrick Tuipulotu, 3 Charlie Faumuina, 2 Codie Taylor, 1 Wyatt Crockett. Replacements: 16 Liam Coltman, 17 Joe Moody, 18 Ofa Tu’ungafasi, 19 Brodie Retallick, 20 Matt Todd, 21 Aaron Smith, 22 Lima Sopoaga, 23 Rieko Ioane

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Italy v New Zealand - Stadio Olympico, Rome
12 November - 14:00 GMT

Referee: Nigel Owens (Wal)
Assistants: Alexandre Ruiz (Fra) & Dudley Phillips (Ire)
TMO: Eric Gauzins (Fra)

Italy: 15 Edoardo Padovani, 14 Giulio Bisegni, 13 Tommaso Benvenuti, 12 Luke McLean, 11 Angelo Esposito, 10 Carlo Canna, 9 Giorgio Bronzini, 8 Sergio Parisse (c), 7 Simone Favaro, 6 Maxime Mbanda, 5 Andries Van Schalkwyk, 4 Marco Fuser, 3 Lorenzo Cittadini, 2 Leonardo Ghiraldini, 1 Andrea Lovotti. Replacements: 16 Ornel Gega, 17 Sami Panico, 18 Pietro Ceccarelli, 19 George Biagi, 20 Francesco Minto, 21 Edoardo Gori, 22 Tommaso Allan, 23 Tommaso Boni

New Zealand: TBA

I have a very bad feeling about this game! The Italians could easily ship a hundred.

Status
Not open for further replies.