• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC onwards and upwards

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
Question: with the later start/finish for the NRC, should we expect to see some Wallabies appear thru the season, or is their season already too full?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Question: with the later start/finish for the NRC, should we expect to see some Wallabies appear thru the season, or is their season already too full?

I fully expect to see wallabies play in the NRC.
It's not a world cup year there's no need to rest any of these players.

Cheika needs to pick his 23/24 men of a 30 man squad & send the remaining players back to their NRC affiliation (When it's logistically convenient) to get some much needed game reps.

Another reason. Australia just lost 0-25 matches to the Kiwis. It's a disappointing result because it's never happened in the history of the game. I think every representative player should be put on notice. They should be tested from the hungrier bunch of amateurs who play club footy but were invited to extend their seasons with a NRC invite.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Really good question why can't attach NRC logo for team follow to your profile - as we know this competition could do with more support / profile and would be a way of doing it within G&GR community. Any reason @rugbyreg why can't be done?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
So could you find someone in IT willing to give this small help.....as imagine not big change given already set up ability to load images in profiles etc.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I am actually looking forward to seeing our 120kg hooker - Jordan - play as given behind the pecking order you otherwise don't get to see these young bright things talked about as next upcoming players. What NRC about....giving us a chance to see next forthcoming rising stars and see how rising stars of club rugby can also fare against Super Rugby players as well as other top club rugby players.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
you do realise this is a completely volunteer site? We are all busy people with other jobs and other priorities? This is just a service to the rugby community.

Yeah mate I do which is where you missed where I was heading with this which is if you actually asked for an idea on what could be done I would have offer my next point of where I was going with this (and with an offer of some free help).

Which is why I was going to suggest why not just ask any IT volunteers that could help do this as think you would find there are plenty of folks in IT industry that peruse this site. You have misinterpreted the angle I was going down which was to outline there are plenty of IT folk on this site.

And actually if you want to know I happen to work in the IT space and could have sourced such a service probably for you for free. But nope I won't bother now offering that.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Can't wait for the team announcements.

Something I've been pondering but wouldn't it be cool if we saw some Australian based Fiji players align with the NRC Fiji squad. I.E Radike Samo. I understand the IRB eligibility rules when it comes to a TEST match but considering this is a Domestic competition would cameo appearances be forbidden or relaxed if a international player with Fiji heritage wanted to align with Fiji in this competition.

T

TOCC

This isn't a Fiji test team or even their secondary team, it won't count towards test eligibility

T

TOCC

Yeah mate I do which is where you missed where I was heading with this which is if you actually asked for an idea on what could be done I would have offer my next point of where I was going with this (and with an offer of some free help).

Which is why I was going to suggest why not just ask any IT volunteers that could help do this as think you would find there are plenty of folks in IT industry that peruse this site. You have misinterpreted the angle I was going down which was to outline there are plenty of IT folk on this site.

And actually if you want to know I happen to work in the IT space and could have sourced such a service probably for you for free. But nope I won't bother now offering that.

This whole thing seems to have been blown out of proportions.. Why didn't you just offer when he said the logos were done when they had an IT dude on the site?

Reactions: dru

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
This isn't a Fiji test team or even their secondary team, it won't count towards test eligibility

Yep it's no different then what the Sunwolves do & Jaguares do. Ed Quirk isn't getting caps for Japan everytime he runs out for the Sunwolves.

I guess what I'm trying to say is Fiji Test Team and Fiji NRC Team can't be distinguished differently because there is no mascot attached like a Sunwolve or Jaguares. It'lll simply just be known as Fiji in this comp.

T

TOCC

Yep it's no different then what the Sunwolves do & Jaguares do. Ed Quirk isn't getting caps for Japan everytime he runs out for the Sunwolves.

I guess what I'm trying to say is Fiji Test Team and Fiji NRC Team can't be distinguished differently because there is no mascot attached like a Sunwolve or Jaguares. It'lll simply just be known as Fiji in this comp.

They haven't released the name or logo yet, should come out in the next week or two..

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Fiji NRC Team can't be distinguished differently because there is no mascot attached like a Sunwolve or Jaguares. It'lll simply just be known as Fiji in this comp.
They might yet add one when things are officially launched.

Having said that, I think they were just Fiji back in the days of Super 6 and the like.