• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC onwards and upwards

T

TOCC

And according to Brett McKay the point scoring system to revert to the traditional 5t, 2c and 3 for PG/DG's

It will also have the new World Rygby ruck interpretations, in addition to the other law variations the NRC had in 2016:

-Bonus points being awarded to teams who score three or more tries ahead of their opponent.
-Teams being awarded a penalty after time has expired will be able to opt for a lineout
-Kickers having just 60 seconds to take their shot from the time a try has been scored or a penalty given, and 45 seconds for a penalty kick.

Lineout
-Not straight lineout throws are left alone if the opposing team doesn’t contest.

Scrum
-Team has 30 seconds to form a scrum from the time the referee gives the mark.
-Opposing scrum half is not allowed to enter the gap between the flanker and number 8, even if they stay behind the ball

Clarence

Stan Wickham (3)
Stupid move reverting back to the old scoring system. If it's going to convert the fickle NRL/AFL fans it's not going to work with a penalty shoot out (at least until they understand the game better).

All they needed to do was make it 5T, 2C/PG, 3DP. Enough incentive to encourage tries while not scaring away variety. It also makes the most sense skill wise IMO.

T

TOCC

The NRC needs to secure its own backyard first, it seems the majority of fans prefer the traditional scoring method.. doesn't mean it will be a penalty shoot out, they still only have 45 second for a penalty kick which is enough of a discencentive for most kickers

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Just checking Foxtel for upcoming games. Does anyone know whether all the games are being shown on Foxtel or are they being live streamed instead. I think last year all the games were on Foxtel but looks like they have cut them back?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Really disappointed myself as like the point scoring system where less for a penalty myself. See how the 45 second rule for taking a penalty kick works....If stops attacking intent previous scoring system created will put me off this comp.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Perhaps normal try scoring but 2 point Penalty/Drop Goal would have been best and I think that should have been the next step in the scoring system changes, but I'll admit was getting a little bored with the big scorelines and lack of any thought process in penalties.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Just checking Foxtel for upcoming games. Does anyone know whether all the games are being shown on Foxtel or are they being live streamed instead. I think last year all the games were on Foxtel but looks like they have cut them back?

Broadcasting 2 games a week on Foxtel, Sat & Sun at 3pm, the other two games will be available on Foxsports to stream live:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/nrc/nrcondemand

Games broadcast this weekend on Foxtel are:
Sat, Brisbane vs Fiji at 3pm
Sun, Rams va Eagles at 3pm

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
The NRC needs to secure its own backyard first, it seems the majority of fans prefer the traditional scoring method.. doesn't mean it will be a penalty shoot out, they still only have 45 second for a penalty kick which is enough of a discencentive for most kickers

Yes I accept that - now probably moreso as I think extending NRC into long form competition must be at least a consideration (not saying will happen but a consideration - especially with demise of Super Rugby)

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I like the changes, but I think that you should have two minutes (or whatever is normal as per test matches) to kick conversions, and only 45 seconds for penalties.

Why?

Our goal kickers from the NRC will be kicking conversions in Super Rugby / test matches under these conditions, and we should maximise this ingame experience where possible.

This will give them game-like conditions to practice, but by giving them only 45 seconds for penalties it will still deter non-attacking rugby.

Just me two cents, innit?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I would have an experimental rule of stopping the clock for shots at goal. Maximise the ball in play time but don't take away a core aspect of the game.

I'm reasonably happy with the changes. I think intent is the major factor and on the whole I don't think penalty goals will increase massively.

I'm not against teams taking the easy shots quickly and getting on with play.

Scrum resets and repeated 5m lineouts on the back of repeated penalties isn't great viewing either.

T

TOCC

NRC17 Jerseys and captains
DIXHBSHVAAA3-jd.jpg:large

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
NRC launch is next Tueaday(29th)

And what a launch with most people still not knowing what the teams are for the 3 NSW NRC teams still.....this competition will struggle to gain traction until the basics are done....

Shambles.....

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
And what a launch with most people still not knowing what the teams are for the 3 NSW NRC teams still...this competition will struggle to gain traction until the basics are done..

Shambles...
Actually sounds like a NSW problem. Whose a shambles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
All the teams have announced their squads.

Ok I will have to struggle to find these squads - as for example their actual team websites (for 3 NSW teams) don't have them.....this is like the competition it is hard to find when it starts, when it is on....sorry given in the fourth season would have thought they would have this better together and I know certain posters will get up in arms as involved but it is a shambles...a shambles I will support and go to games but gees they make it hard to attract other new followers....

One day they will get there shit together for this competition...