• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC round 1: NSW Country Eagles vs Sydney @ Dubbo - Saturday 31 August 2019

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
NSW Country Eagles:
STARTING XV: 1.Angus Bell, 2.David Vea, 3.Matt Sandell, 4.Nathan Den Houdt, 5.Tom Staniforth, 6.Ned Hanigan ©, 7.Michael Icely, 8.Will Harris, 9.Jake Gordon ©, 10.Mack Mason, 11.James Kane, 12.Joey Walton, 13.Ben Woollett, 14.James Turner, 15.Tim Clements.

SUBS: 16.Aaron Blacklock, 17.Cody Walker, 18.Chris Talakai, 19.Tom Nowlan, 20.Pat Tafa, 21.Jack Grant, 22.Connor O'Shea, 23.Mark Nawaqaintawse.

Sydney:
STARTING XV: 1.Rory O'Connor, 2.Ed Craig, 3.Sham Vui, 4.Ryan McCauley, 5.Tuitakau Kioa, 6.Lachlan Swinton, 7.Josh Kemeny, 8.Jordan Goddard, 9.Mitch Short, 10.Will Harrison, 11.Tyson Davis, 12.Lalakai Foketi ©, 13.Cam Clark, 14.James Ramm, 15.Ben Donaldson

SUBS: 16.Declan Moore, 17.Harry Rorke, 18.Wayne Borsak, 19.Jack Digby, 20.Christian Poidevin, 21.Jacob Abel, 22.Trent Winterstein, 23.Jaline Graham

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I'm tempted to duck over to Dubvegas but I have to be back for a funeral late afternoon, I'll see how I go.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well not surprised to see Sydney down by 25 to nil after only 20 minutes as Sydney squad for sure one of the weakest in the competitions. Seriously with support for Tahs well down etc in Sydney and need to get more Sydney fans interested in the game including NRC Sydney team why they have put together another weak squad again baffles me...

I really have little confidence in NSWRU.....

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Country on the other hand look very good. Lot of good things seeing there from a team not together long. Few club country players also performing strongly e.g. Clemments

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Well not surprised to see Sydney down by 25 to nil after only 20 minutes as Sydney squad for sure one of the weakest in the competitions. Seriously with support for Tahs well down etc in Sydney and need to get more Sydney fans interested in the game including NRC Sydney team why they have put together another weak squad again baffles me.

I really have little confidence in NSWRU...

The NRC is meant to be about giving the wider squad and youngsters a run against experienced players. Many of the Tahs main players are either playing with the wallabies or gone.

It is meant to show who needs more time and who should get a run.

This game does show that some of the Tahs depth is not up to it but that came down to 4 years of Gibson and his poor recruitment.

I agree that the Sydney squad should be stronger but it was picked by Whitaker who was picked by Gibson and Whitaker led the attack this year for the Tahs and we all saw how poor that was