• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRL Finals 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
I couldn't find an NRL 2011 thread so made this:

Ok I know a lot of the guys on here hate League (Mungoball) but I love it and will try to watch as much of the finals series as I can. Here's my run down of the finals series. I didn't talk about the forwards much because all they do is crash it up :)

Qualifying finals:

Dragons v Tigers: Dragons had a mid season slump and really dropped off, seem to be back on their way now though. Tigers have Benji (who just missed out on the dally m today) and Moltzen is in some decent form as well.

Tigers to win

Broncos v Warriors: Lockyer's final season and it would be a quality story if he won it. But Kevin Locke, Shaun Johnson, James Maloney and co are on fire! Could be an upset on the cards.

Broncos to win, just

Sea Eagles v Cowboys: Kieran Foran and the Stewarts have been quality this year. JT has returned from his Origin injury but hasn't hit the form that lead him to the top of the Dally M standings.

Manly to win

Storm v Knights: Melbourne well, cleaned up at the Dally M's. Slater won the main prize and Cronk not too far behind. Minor premiers and the favourites for the Grand Final. Knights sneaked in, with Aku Uate, Kurt Gidley and Mullen they have some talent in the backs. But I can't see them living with the storm.

Melbourne to win

Anyway discuss...

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i like finals of anything, looking forward to it, the fact that there is so much sport on of all codes over the next month is just fantastic and it looks like a decent series.

im going to back the warriors as the lesser of evils.

Clawhammer

Herbert Moran (7)
Agree with all your predictions - I reckon if Benji keeps up his form Wests are a good chance of winning it. They are pretty awesome to watch when it's all working for them.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Going with the Tigers for the Lote factor and I had a soft spot for Wests. I don't like most of those teams but anybody who belts the shit out of Manly gets my support.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Manly or Storm to take out the GF, Tigers would be my smokey. Would love to see the Knights beat the Storm but cant see it happening.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Broncos my smokey, can't look past Manly however after their display against Melbourne. I think that win mentally would have hurt the storm, they through everything at the men from Brookvale and came away with nothing until the final minutes. Broncos will suffer without Thaiday but if they make the final expect a big crowd and huge hype around Lockyer, he has the ability to pull them over the line.

Tigers also in red hot form, can't see Dragons getting ontop of them based on recent form. Cowboys a little off the pace too, Warriors could be a chance of an early upset and with momentum they are a very dangerous side.

Final will be Manly v Brisbane.
Tipping the Sea Eagles to win it at Brookvale in a very close match, Tigers and Melbourne to fight out for 3 & 4.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Would actually quite like to see the Warriors win it. I have pretty severe man love for Johnson and Locke :)

Can't go past Melbourne imo, the big three have been unbelievable this year and it be quite an achievement to win it after last seasons happenings. Can't help but wonder if they are still over the cap though

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Light - a grand final won't be played at Brookvale, even if Manly make it.

Die hard Warriors supporter and I'm a little more optimistic that with Thaiday out we could get an upset this weekend.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I would like the Warriors to make the GF. Would be interesting to see if they got any press at home if they did.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I want Lockyer to get a good sendoff but I don't want the Bronco's winning it. Them not winning it is good for the Reds in the Brisbane sporting market.

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Im a diehard Tigers fan and they will get over the top of the Dragons this week, and i think the Tigers can go all the way BUT if the Broncos make the final the Lockyer fairytale will be to greater obstacle for any team to overcome and they will win

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Agreed once again with you Dermo. I think the Broncos need to be knocked over this round by the Warriors or else they are just going to gain too much momentum on the back of the Lockyer send-off. As for it being bad for the Reds, I completely agree but Queensland seems to be winning everything these days so it's not much of a surprise that the NRL teams are having a good go.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I know there is an awful lot of who gives a shit about this ssport but tonights game was good and I think the dragons are in the licourice alsorts of trouble. They will get another chance.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Tigers out last night. Tiquiri was just awful in his two finals games, coming back from a long layoff. His handling was atrocious, it seems hard to believe that it wasn't that long ago where we were debating whether he should or shouldn't be kept in rugby because of his potential contribution to RWC11.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
David Gallop is a nuffy. My brother is a die-hard Storm fan, and what he said was an attack on him and an attack on my family.

Status
Not open for further replies.