• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRL Finals 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Ok so nearing the end of the finals series:

Broncos knocked out by Manly this morning quite comprehensively. Lockyer's final act was his dropgoal and Im quite glad he didnt play Manly as his health was at risk.

Warriors v Storm tomorrow and I cant wait. Slater v Locke. Cronk v Johnson. 4 of my favourite players.

I have to say Dale Cherry Evans impressed me today, his kicking was pinpoint and in combination with Foran they have a decent combination going into the future! I still cant stand Manly though...

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I went out for the game last night dobruff and thought it was a cracker. It just wasn't to be for the broncos who cost themselves one if not two tries in the first 10 mins. In saying that, I thought Manly had more points in them if it was required - I can't see them losing next week even if both matai and williams are suspended.

The ball movement and support play in last nights game was excellent. A couple of years ago it was only parramatta who were throwing the ball around with everyone else relying on field position and 5th tackle kicks for points. Now the top 4 teams are using the width of the field and, dare I say it, even using sweeping set plays. Great to see for an impartial observer like myself.

For those who attend the members at the SFS. There was a bit of a stink at half time between two older gentleman (both 55 plus). I presume it was over seats al;though was hard to tell. Lots of heated words, some pushing and shoving and finally a slap or two. Secruity were eventually summoned and even police came and took statements from nearby witnessses.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well - Warriors/Manly Final. I'll have to break the habit of a lifetime and support Manly. Can you imagine how hard it will be to put up with the kiwis if they win the RWC and the NRL premiership!

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well - Warriors/Manly Final. I'll have to break the habit of a lifetime and support Manly. Can you imagine how hard it will be to put up with the kiwis if they win the RWC and the NRL premiership!

Can you imagine how good it will be if the warriors win and the Blecks choke in their semi?

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
That play from Shaun Johnson for the try was so similar to that Benji set up a couple years back. Exactly the same movement for the dummy switch.

Hope Johnson, Locke and Maloney can win over Manly, my mate supports Manly and Ive been getting it in the neck all year about how great they are. Cant wait to see Brett Stewarts face if they lose

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Crazy how the Broncos can beat Manly in the final rounds, the Warriors by over 30 points in the finals and then beat the Dragons in golden point and yet Manly and the Warriors play the final against each other. There is something seriously wrong with the finals format and I don't say this just because I am a disgruntled fan, Storm should feel equally dissapointed being knocked-out by a team that was lower than them on the table, and had lost earlier in the finals. It doesn't make sense that the minor premiers can lose one game and be eliminated and the team finishing fourth can lose a game and still make the finals. And don't even get me started on the Dragons and Tigers.

Either knock-out format or restructure it so less teams get through and only the top 2 sides get a second chance. Seems odd that the team finishing fourth can lose their first match and get a lifeline, playing another week against a side lower than them on the table, and the team finishing first win their first match, get a week off and lose the second, only to get eliminated. Obviously the encouragement on finishing top 2 to get a week off is incentive, but these top 2 teams that win week-in-week-out and qualify by winning their first final end up running up against teams who are in hot form and playing do-or-die football and don't get a second chance.

I don't care who wins.. I just want to see the team deserve it, having a run of 5 good games at the end of the season should not outdo consistent year-round form. On this theory, I hope Manly win it by over 50, but Jesus Christ that Warriors side looked good on satdee night and if they play like that again the trophy will be heading across the ditch.. funnily enough to a team that has lacked consistency for years and looked out of place in the top 8 after week one of the finals.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
The loss of Lokyer was too big of an obstacle for the Broncos to overcome. Happens to most teams when a key playmaker is injured in the finals series.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Ok hours away from the Grand Final. I'm hoping the Warriors complete a fantastic season and win!

Mateo and Johnson to have stormers.

DCE to fuck up under the pressure with the Stewart brothers having shockers to rule them both out of the Aus 4 nations squad. If you hadn't realised I detest Manly

Your tips boys?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I would just like to complain, yet again, about that fool David Morrow on the ABC call of this game.
Firstly, he is a rabid St George supporter on 1st name terms with the late doorman: I know of only one way you get that close to a doorman.
Secondly, he went on for some minutes tonight about a high tackle supposedly made by Mattai on someone from the Warriors. Turned out that when he saw the replay there was a head clash that opened both of them up. I'm the first to admit that Mattai is lucky to have played tonight given his feet first tackle in the semi last week which should have earned him a holiday but Morrow is paid by me and you to cover the game not live out his adolescent fantasy of playing for the dragons. He should be sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.