• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KicknChase

Stan Wickham (3)
Very true. Tends to be happening in a lot of Rugby nowadays, rubbing a try/penalty into another opposition player.

Was watching Kings Vs View last week and with the intercept try the Kings centre was running and pointing and mocking the View winger who was chasing. Then did a dramatic swan dive to score... There's no need for it in the game especially at the Schoolboy level where it should be about sportsmanship and respect

Mike Wazowski

Frank Nicholson (4)
Was watching Kings Vs View last week and with the intercept try the Kings centre was running and pointing and mocking the View winger who was chasing. Then did a dramatic swan dive to score. There's no need for it in the game especially at the Schoolboy level where it should be about sportsmanship and respect
Very true. I happened to be there and there was conflict between those players throughout the whole match but the Kings player got the last laugh, nonetheless it's just a pointless thing to do on the rugby field. Players should let the scoreboard do the talking and move on.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
It would make sense for WC and TSC to have an annual fixture as they used to. IIRC there was some sort of dispute between the schools that stopped it.

IIRC, it was to be a temporary hiatus to allow some feuding boys to go through the system and then re-start the competition.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Was watching Kings Vs View last week and with the intercept try the Kings centre was running and pointing and mocking the View winger who was chasing. Then did a dramatic swan dive to score. There's no need for it in the game especially at the Schoolboy level where it should be about sportsmanship and respect

That is a typical schoolboy brain fade. It's up to the coaches to stop it. Removing the player from the arena is one option they have.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
IIRC, it was to be a temporary hiatus to allow some feuding boys to go through the system and then re-start the competition.
Must be getting close to resumption then.
Wasn't the last Scots v Waves game at Death Valley in 2015; a "warm-up" game just before the resumption of the respective comps in Term 3. Wasn't all that dramatic as I'm recalling. Nothing like the belter at Scots the year before!

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
Not sure who the referee was in yesterday's game at Newington but the decision he made to award the try to Angus Bell, who lost the ball out on the full, was terrible. I don't want to bag Ref's but first he was in no position to make the call he did - he was 10 to 15m away, second he never even looked at the AR, who actually was perfectly positioned (and put his flag up) and third he then proceeded to over rule the AR. Fortunately nothing turned on his decisions.

I have seen the footage and it's poor refereeing for someone at this level.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Not sure who the referee was in yesterday's game at Newington but the decision he made to award the try to Angus Bell, who lost the ball out on the full, was terrible. I don't want to bag Ref's but first he was in no position to make the call he did - he was 10 to 15m away, second he never even looked at the AR, who actually was perfectly positioned (and put his flag up) and third he then proceeded to over rule the AR. Fortunately nothing turned on his decisions.

I have seen the footage and it's poor refereeing for someone at this level.

There were a couple of other howlers during the game as well (albeit not as bad as the one you refer to) the look of bemusement/embarrassment on Angus Bell's face when awarded the try was a classic! Oh well you take them when you can get them.;)

Thankfully as you say the match didn't hang on that one try but it certainly made it closer than it should have been.

Looked like Newington had a number of players injured during the game and it could be a tough trip to Parramatta next week.

I was impressed with the replacement 5/8 Peter Kosmas(?) who came on with 20 minutes to go. The Newington backline looked a lot more dangerous under his midfield control.

Angus Bell is a classy player and from my observations deserved of Schoolboys selection. He has a high work rate and has an uncanny ability to break the line. My only criticism (not of Angus) would be that Newington seem to center ALL their forwards moves/attacking options off him (even lifting him in lineouts!). This was getting very predictable on Saturday and Joeys were able to exploit this in defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.