• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Rheinberger

Bob McCowan (2)

Attachments

• IMG_3389.JPG
    IMG_3389.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 652

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I heard kings 14A def Newington approx 65-5.

Not surprised at all, I am sure that man mountain, Joey, a superb player who would not be out of place in the King's firsts or seconds, was the instrument of their destruction.

In the meantime as Quick Hands indicates, the u/13s results were owned by Newington. While in the 16As Newington powered away in the second half to the tune of 55-17. Kings actually led 17-12 at one stage, but as happened last week against Shore Newington click led by their powerful outside centre.

The 15As was a hard close game between two skilled sides, with Kings edging out New by a 17-12 win.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Not surprised at all, I am sure that man mountain, Joey, a superb player who would not be out of place in the King's firsts or seconds, was the instrument of their destruction.

In the meantime as Quick Hands indicates, the u/13s results were owned by Newington. While in the 16As Newington powered away in the second half to the tune of 55-17. Kings actually led 17-12 at one stage, but as happened last week against Shore Newington click led by their powerful outside centre.

The 15As was a hard close game between two skilled sides, with Kings edging out New by a 17-12 win.

I'm told by someone involved in the age group that the 14s are weak at Newington. They seem to play all home games off site at Tempe so I have not seen them in action yet.

The New 13As are a seriously good rugby team. They haven't played either Joeys or Scots as yet and I assume that both these schools will present a greater challenge than those that we have already played.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
1sts at Stanmore was a game which never reached any great heights. Kings clearly the better team in an error ridden match, Newington quite disjointed in attack and kept trying to the end but despite a 14-15 half-time score never really threatened to win the match. Kings showed glimpses of very good play in amongst a dour game of rugby.

Both teams had players out and hopefully will use the long weekend break to recharge the batteries.

Such news is a joy to behold QH...

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
According to the AAGPS website, 3rds results are:

I 15 d H 5
T 14 d S 10
J 14 d K 12
G 8 d E 5

All very close games.
TAS and Joeys undefeated after 2 rounds

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
^^^^^
Grammar has a tough road-trip up and over the Range in Round 3. (But aren't they all heading up to TAS?!)

Belshaw's Boys are looking good in Season 2017 and, albeit still a long way to go, the 5/08/17 Round 6 clash at HH should already be pencilled in as a "speshhhal". :)

Pity the 1's and 2's JoeBoys play away that day at Stanmore, because it means the 3's match will likely get pencilled in straight after breakfast time.

Short_Ball_Steven

Stan Wickham (3)
Great video but none of the view tries were seen.
Nevertheless joeys look very sharp whilst views backline defence is leaking like a sieve.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The vids made by Joeys Sporting Media so Just shows Joeys highlights. Side Steppa was at the game so hopefully he's got some match highlights on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Just love getting on to GaGR on a Sunday arvo to take a peek at match and highlight vids posted by school Vid Depts, privateers like 'Steppa, etc. So good to view the quality on display when you can't get along to a game, nor split y'self three different ways on a Saturday!

Many thanks to all the vid posters. You rock!

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
The Scots number 14 has been suspended for two games following the Kings incident he did not play against Shore and will take no part against Joeys in round 1.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I'm told by someone involved in the age group that the 14s are weak at Newington. They seem to play all home games off site at Tempe so I have not seen them in action yet.

The New 13As are a seriously good rugby team. They haven't played either Joeys or Scots as yet and I assume that both these schools will present a greater challenge than those that we have already played.

Hello Quick Hands,From what I understand the 14s at Newington are the least successful side of the A teams. However,the 13s,15s and 16s are establishing themselves as real high Flyers. In view of these recent results the 14s live in the shadows of the other New 'A" teams.

To the best of my knowledge the New 14A results are roughly:-

New 60 b Kinross 0
New 19 b Oakhill 12
View60 b New 0
New 29 b Knox 22
New 24 b Shore 20
Kings 65 b New 5
Waverly was cancelled

So winning more than losing, when they do lose its against quality GPS sides.
If they played other CAS & ISA sides I am sure there would be more wins. So they are developing side, learning the game and even against the top GPS sides, they are likely to suffer significant defeats. The question is what will be the level of improvement at the end of the season. It could get worst or a lot better. Last year as the 13s,in the two round competition, they improved dramatically by round two. Scoring a 40-0 win over Scots and a 28-7 over Joeys. Despite heavy defeats in round one.

At this level the matter is not so much on winning, but their level of improvement. As they get older, they will get bigger, stronger and faster and close the gap between schools such as Kings and themselves.
The Scots number 14 has been suspended for two games following the Kings incident he did not play against Shore and will take no part against Joeys in round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.