• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
logo-retina.png

With the excitement and suspense of the 2016 season now fast disappearing in the rear view mirror of life, it's time to start the wang for the next season coming up.

What does season 2017 hold for the AAGPS? The 2016 U16 fixtures were keenly contested leaving plenty of unresolved questions for 2017. Along with the Y11's backing up, Season 2017 should be a cracker. Will the Joe Boys finally break the drought? Will Shore rugby rise to the level of their Canteen produce? Can the Jesuits and the Inner Westies iron out their 2016 inconsistencies? Will the Kings Rugby Support Group find a replacement for @Azzuri? Can the Bagpipers repeat recent successes?

And then there are the more important questions like who is going to run the tipping competition? Who will be sticking their hand up to write the match reports for the blog? WIll @Sidesteppa be back with his video camera?
Can The Armidale School stay at the top of the 3rds? Have the Sydneians got any rep quality players languishing Ii. The 3rd XV competition? Can anyone knock off Shore for the POTY? Kings Footlong sanger vs The Big Newie vs Hunters Hill's The Rowers Lot.

After match speeches and Afternoon teas: who will maintain their 2016 form, and who will make the improvements needed in terms of range, quantity and quality of the spread? So much to talk about.

Time for all the armchair selectors, rugby dads and mums, interested bystanders and people "in the know" to postulate on team selections, table predictions, AAGPS reps, and all things Opens Rugby.

Off season? What off season? There is no off season for the keyboard cognoscenti.

The 2017 Premiers Poll will close in 8 months.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
11 returning from the First and Second XV in 2017. Hoping the lads will go one better than this year!

footy4life

Chris McKivat (8)
My prediction for Newington's 1st XV next year
1. Nasili Ofahengaue
2. Chris Icanovski
3. Angus Bell
4. Liam Janson
5. Witieriana Koopu
6. Angus Duvall
7. Rory Lynch
8. Keith Titmuss
9. James Haldane
10. Saul Lewis
11. Simi Afeaki
12. Finn Kearns
13. Nathanael Endemann
14. Petro Kaloterakis
15. Raine Dellow

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Footy4life, could you if possible provide a breakdown of the New boys into their year groups. I suspect the 2017 1st XV will be a young but strong side, strongly based around our 16As.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Don't live in the past. The future is ahead of us. This thread is for the future.

Dwell on the season just gone in the 2016 thread.

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
"

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Too Fast HJ, Please let the 2016 dust settle

Such an attitude of complacency is one reason I suspect why Shore is not reaching its Rugby potential. Other Schools are already organising their 2017 training squads. Preparation for 2017 begins now in 2016.How schools prepare will vary, but strength, fitness and talent identification will be core components. Tours to the UK is another approach.

So lets find out how such preparation are going, it will be interesting to see how different schools approach 2017 preparation, including Shore.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Doesn't seem that Shore supporters agree with your "complacency" critique going by the optimistic voting above ...

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Such an attitude of complacency is one reason I suspect why Shore is not reaching its Rugby potential. Other Schools are already organising their 2017 training squads. Preparation for 2017 begins now in 2016.How schools prepare will vary, but strength, fitness and talent identification will be core components. Tours to the UK is another approach.

So lets find out how such preparation are going, it will be interesting to see how different schools approach 2017 preparation, including Shore.
What an outlandish statement! complacency? How does waiting a couple of days before opening the new thread lead you to surmise that Shore is complacent- complacent in losing?? Shore puts in as much effort as any other school. If everyone works hard not all can be rewarded.

footy4life

Chris McKivat (8)
Footy4life, could you if possible provide a breakdown of the New boys into their year groups. I suspect the 2017 1st XV will be a young but strong side, strongly based around our 16As.

I will put them into next year's year group
1. Nasili Ofahengaue (yr 11)
2. Chris Icanovski (yr 12)
3. Angus Bell (yr 11)
4. Liam Janson (yr 12)
5. Witieriana Koopu (yr 11)
6. Angus Duvall (yr 12)
7. Rory Lynch (yr 12)
8. Keith Titmuss (yr 11)
9. James Haldane (yr 12)
10. Saul Lewis (yr 11)
11. Simi Afeaki (yr 11)
12. Finn Kearns (yr 12)
13. Nathanael Endemann (yr 12)
14. Petro Kaloterakis (yr 12)
15. Raine Dellow (yr 11)

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Doesn't seem that Shore supporters agree with your "complacency" critique going by the optimistic voting above .

As a New supporter I will take their righteous disapproval, first, as a complement. Second, I will then accept it as an acknowledgement that Newington Rugby, compared to Shore Rugby, is in better hands under the leadership of Simon Manion ( I hope I got his last name right).

Last year Simon lead a tour to the UK of then U/14s. By all accounts this year's 15s age cohort have improved as a result.

footy4life

Chris McKivat (8)
As a New supporter I will take their righteous disapproval, first, as a complement. Second, I will then accept it as an acknowledgement that Newington Rugby, compared to Shore Rugby, is in better hands under the leadership of Simon Manion ( I hope I got his last name right).

Last year Simon lead a tour to the UK of then U/14s. By all accounts this year's 15s age cohort have improved as a result.

you got his last time right but his first name wrong, it's Ben

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I will put them into next year's year group
1. Nasili Ofahengaue (yr 11)
2. Chris Icanovski (yr 12)
3. Angus Bell (yr 11)
4. Liam Janson (yr 12)
5. Witieriana Koopu (yr 11)
6. Angus Duvall (yr 12)
7. Rory Lynch (yr 12)
8. Keith Titmuss (yr 11)
9. James Haldane (yr 12)
10. Saul Lewis (yr 11)
11. Simi Afeaki (yr 11)
12. Finn Kearns (yr 12)
13. Nathanael Endemann (yr 12)
14. Petro Kaloterakis (yr 12)
15. Raine Dellow (yr 11)

Thanks, Foot4life, a lot more year 12s than I expected,

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
What an outlandish statement! complacency? How does waiting a couple of days before opening the new thread lead you to surmise that Shore is complacent- complacent in losing?? Shore puts in as much effort as any other school. If everyone works hard not all can be rewarded.

The setting is Heaven where Jika of Shore School, Brother Henry of St.Josephs College and Tony Rae former Headmaster of Newington are debating who will win the GPS premiership for 2017. Unable to come to an agreement, They decide to seek God's advice on the issue.

Brother Henry asks God " Will Joeys God Almighty win the GPS Rugby in 2017" God replies,No my son they will not. Brother Henry goes away crying.

Tony Rae asks God " Will Newington God Almighty win the GPS Rugby in 2017". No my son they will not. Tony Rae goes away crying.

Jika asks God "Will Shore Shore God Almighty win the GPS Rugby in 2017".

God goes away and starts crying.

Some times people at Green and Gold get too serious and the ability to laugh at ourselves is often forgotten. Newington jokes are warmly welcome as with other jokes for other schools.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
The setting is Heaven where Jika of Shore School, Brother Henry of St.Josephs College and Tony Rae former Headmaster of Newington are debating who will win the GPS premiership for 2017. Unable to come to an agreement, They decide to seek God's advice on the issue.......

Ok if I understand correctly then that's 3 teams with no chance of winning and the top three teams from this year will fight it out again in 2017.

footy4life

Chris McKivat (8)
Again I feel like this season will be very much like the 2015 season. Heading into the season Newington were underestimated and it seemed that only the Newington community were aware of how good the team was going to be. I feel that again heading into the season Newington will be underestimated and prove to be one of the top two teams. However I say this having very little knowledge of the other schools teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.