• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
And last year they had the best schoolboy Goal kicker I have ever seen. And a pretty handy No 8 who is going very well for Uni Colts this year, Didn"t mind the Lock Spooner either.

The rest might have been crap

The rest weren't crap. I saw Joeys play twice during the season. What their problem was last year was wet weather football. If you remember, there were two rounds played in heavy rain last year, including one which also had cyclonic winds. They played Newington in the latter and tried to play dry weather rugby and lost, I'm told the same occurred in the other we weather game. So, they were a very good rugby side who lost a couple of close ones. I tipped them to win it last year and the closeness of the competition and the above mentioned factors prevented them from doing so. There's every chance that they will win it this season - we'll see how they go.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
The rest weren't crap. I saw Joeys play twice during the season. What their problem was last year was wet weather football. If you remember, there were two rounds played in heavy rain last year, including one which also had cyclonic winds. They played Newington in the latter and tried to play dry weather rugby and lost, I'm told the same occurred in the other we weather game. So, they were a very good rugby side who lost a couple of close ones. I tipped them to win it last year and the closeness of the competition and the above mentioned factors prevented them from doing so. There's every chance that they will win it this season - we'll see how they go.

I was being facetious.

They were a great team last year. Perhaps a little light in the forwards but I predicted that would win all of their games in the second round, But I think they did drop 1.

Back to the original point I was making, I dont think the presence of Day boys has had any negative impact on Joeys Rugby at all.

The last 10 years has seen other Schools rapidly improve and obviously getting to Joeys standard is the benchmark, now those reasons best discussed in the Hotel Lobby,

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
What are the ingredients for a 'strong Rugby school'. It can't be scholarships, demographics and boarders, look at Waverley it is a day school only, apparently doesn't offer scholarships and a good amount of the kids there are Greeks or Italians (from what I heard) who are more prone to playing soccer.

Catholicism seems to have some loose correlation

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
It appears from Kings U13 they are trying to leave the Hotel.

I thought it was impossible to do so.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

I though it was the Shore 15As, mind you the Scots 15As seem to be in the same plight. Although, Glengarry is the major reason for their predicament. Yet not a word from TSC about leaving the GPS in the 15s. Nevertheless, I am sure Dr Wright is acting in the best interests of his students and meeting parental demands.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I though it was the Shore 15As, mind you the Scots 15As seem to be in the same plight. Although, Glengarry is the major reason for their predicament. Yet not a word from TSC about leaving the GPS in the 15s. Nevertheless, I am sure Dr Wright is acting in the best interests of his students and meeting parental demands.

Dr Wright is an excellent headmaster, it's not his job to coach the rugby teams though.

Troy Dickson

Herbert Moran (7)
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/AAGPS-COMBINED-REP-TEAMS-v-CHS-SJRUCJRU.pdf

Capture.JPG

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Hi All,

The news is that Lee is unfortunately unwell. I've not got any news to share and believe we should respect his privacy as he's quite a private guy.

As a testament to him this has obviously had a big impact on organisation and editing of the front page posts.

If anyone is willing and able to step up, let me know by DM.

Regards

Matt

S

sidelineview

What are the ingredients for a 'strong Rugby school'. It can't be scholarships, demographics and boarders, look at Waverley it is a day school only, apparently doesn't offer scholarships and a good amount of the kids there are Greeks or Italians (from what I heard) who are more prone to playing soccer.

Waverley's like any other school; the heritage of the kids is mixed.

A lot of kids play soccer from an early age and therefore play it when they reach high school. Likewise with AFL since it was regrettably introduced into the school.

Waverley doesn't offer scholarships, it's just hit a purple patch with a very talented crop of players.

In the good old days Waverley rugby would be strong most years, but now having two consecutive successful seasons is considered to be a purple patch. Sign of the times.

It's a cyclic thing so we enjoy it while it peaks.

It also helps to have some dedicated teacher/coaches.

Ioverugby24/7

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hi All,

The news is that Lee is unfortunately unwell. I've not got any news to share and believe we should respect his privacy as he's quite a private guy.

As a testament to him this has obviously had a big impact on organisation and editing of the front page posts.

If anyone is willing and able to step up, let me know by DM.

Regards

Matt

I'm very sorry to hear about Lee. I can do a report if anyone would like to help possibly with photos please private message me?

Ioverugby24/7

Frank Nicholson (4)
CASII by CCC 40-7
Scrappy game in the forward in 2nd half.
CAS back impressive again, dangerous around the park and great defensive effort.
CCC couldn't really get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.