• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2018

Tip the 2018 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Brings back the good old days. You know, from 1894-2007

Whoa there Joker. Joeys didn't win their first premiership until 1904, in fact for the first 40 years of AAGPS rugby (1892-1931), premierships went like this:

Kings 13
Grammar 11
Joeys 10
Newington 4
Shore 2

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
I picked it too. I should quote myself
Gibbs to have a blinder . game to be decided In last 2 minutes
Joker . the death star joke probably wearing a bit thin

Well picked Sonny. He did have a blinder and steered the team well around the park.
May now give the Death star a break. It seems Scots dominance has only ever extended to the 1st XV in recent seasons.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
2fomir.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Whoa there Joker. Joeys didn't win their first premiership until 1904, in fact for the first 40 years of AAGPS rugby (1892-1931), premierships went like this:

Kings 13
Grammar 11
Joeys 10
Newington 4
Shore 2

Corrected and noted.
Grammar were a force once. I was there when they last beat Joeys in 1978
What is the tally now?

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Very successful day for Newington today. I don't have as full a list of results as Joker, but I have these:

1sts Newington 42 def Kings 30
2nds Newington 13 def Kings 10
3rds Newington 29 def Kings 7
4ths Newington 24 def Kings 15

16A Newington 24 def Kings 7

15A Newington 28 def Kings 22

14A Newington @64 def Kings 0
14B Newington @ 52 def Kings 0
14C Newington 60 def Waverley 0
14D Newington 45 def Kings 14
14E Newington 33 def Knox 19

13A Newington 17 def Kings 15

Nevertheless Quick Hands an outstanding job. Between you and S&M you have keep New supporters such as myself informed about the schools Rugby. Regrettably, the Rugby News Letter is not reaching me. I am wondering to do you or SM get the newsletter. In the past it was an effort well done.

Outstanding results and not just for our 1st XV. The 15As achieve their first ever win against the Kings a side that beat them 52-5 and 68-0 last year. Yes, Joey is playing in the Kings 1st, but this TKS team was not a one man team. So to the 15As you may not have won that many games in your GPS Games, but you have demonstrated a remarkable improvement in 2018.

The 13As and their 17-15 win against a super strong TKS side. Last week Joeys beat them 24-22 and the previous week trounced New 64-7. So the New 13As in matter of two weeks are fast closing the gap that exists between them and that outstanding Joeys team that is their 13As. 16As a good win against one of the stronger teams in their age group. And of course our 14As and another convincing display. As with our 1sts did the backline again fire again.

In fact, I can't remember when all New A teams completed a clean sweep against Kings, a great effort.

I sense, that Rugby at Newington is going through a fundamental change. Moving away from rampaging Pacific Islanders, who rely on a physical dominating presence, to skillful team work, that utilises pacey backlines involving support play.

Nevertheless, we have Shore next week and all teams must respect their opponents. Particularly, the 15As and 14As where Shore have some of their best teams.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Your are correct Cyclo. Left footed drop goal on the siren at HH to secure victory!!!

If I remember correctly, Grammar beat Joeys in 1980,1974, 1978 and the score was 18-6, all kicked goals it was in round 4 after they had loss their first three GPS Games, all fairly convincingly. As well as their last preseason match to Newington 21-7. The next matches were all won, a remarkable effort considering Grammar were on the verge of the abyss and turned it around. This included a win 10-3 against Newington to deny them past of a joined premiership.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Winner of Scots/Kings wins outright if Joeys lose or shares with Joeys if Joeys win

Spot on. What a day. Amazing twists in what is turning out to be a cracking comp this year.

Congrats to Joeys. Totally deserved winners.

Scots would naturally be very disappointed. But hey, thats footy. Didnt close out game when I thought that maybe they could have.

Can't wait for next week.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
It is going to be an intriguing end to the GPS season. I am making a beeline to Parramatta but gee the game at View will be a cracker..If View turn it on they can beat Joeys.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Corrected and noted.
Grammar were a force once. I was there when they last beat Joeys in 1978
What is the tally now?

Joeys 54
Kings 25
Grammar 14
Newington 11
Scots 10
Riverview 10
Shore 9
High 4

Noting that there are several joint premierships (the first in 1933). Some 2 schools and some 3.

2008-2017 marks the longest Joeys drought since 1892-1903