• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2018

Tip the 2018 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
And Result?

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Riverview won 33-27, scoring 5 tries to 4.
An exciting finish: with about 15mins to go Waves were down 24-26, and were awarded a penalty 15m out. They opted to kick a penalty goal to lead 27-26. View then attacked and retook the lead when their no7 went over after a 20 phase passage of play, They held on for the final 8mins that were left.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
"Grow up you guys. Fact - St Augustine’s advised Joeys last week of term 1. To expect Joeys should have known that you decided to thumb your nose and go to Japan is ridiculous. Downright rude and don’t expect an invite again anytime soon. Joeys should have pulled the whole card but that would have only affected all the other kids from both schools. "

Thumb nose at Joeys by going to SANIX as you continue to assert is rubbish. Planning a trip such as this takes many months and with all notified those who would believe this must be Greens voters. My last word.

Vintage Red

Herbert Moran (7)
I think you will find that the winner of the 13A’s was St Augustine’s by a huge margin. You have it the wrong way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure if the reported score in the Joeys v. Auggies 13As match is correct, but Joeys definitely won.

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Wonderful to watch the proud Stannies boys give their all up at Scots yesterday. It was a hard tough game of footy and a great start to the pre season trial games. The games all day were spirited as most are, but played fair, congratulations to the Scots boys and good luck For the rest of the year. The hospitality was fantastic and I must say all the refereeing I encountered through the day was of a very high standard.
Pardon a humble brag but our boys went very close in 13As and 14As and had a big win in 15As.
Got to love schoolboy Rugby.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
"Grow up you guys. Fact - St Augustine’s advised Joeys last week of term 1. To expect Joeys should have known that you decided to thumb your nose and go to Japan is ridiculous. Downright rude and don’t expect an invite again anytime soon. Joeys should have pulled the whole card but that would have only affected all the other kids from both schools. "

Thumb nose at Joeys by going to SANIX as you continue to assert is rubbish. Planning a trip such as this takes many months and with all notified those who would believe this must be Greens voters. My last word.

And Joeys thougt 6 mths ago when they got the word ( by osmosis apparently) “wtf, our boys in the 1s won’t really need a run in first round of the trials - we just be chillin and see what happens and maybe we can sort somethin’ on short notice if needed”. And couldn’t. Joeys? Really?

Sparkle Motion

Peter Burge (5)
Many thanks QH for your details and I know what its like to have work commitments on Saturday during the Rugby Season. Sparkle Motion, thanks for your scores and if your a New supporter, welcome on board. Comments from another Newington supporter, are always welcome.
The only disappointment is the 15As who appear will struggle again this year. On a brighter note,Joey, the Kings scoring machine is in the 1st XV and they wouldn't have to contend with him. Nevertheless, its an age group I hope will improve.

Juggling multiple Saturday commitments but at Stanmore most weeks. Will chime in when I have something useful! Only have a peripheral insight into 1sts/2nds (with stronger opinions belonging in that other thread...) but the program is chugging along nicely. Think the best signs for the program is the support and celebration of the game across all ages/grades, it creates a strong sense of community in the school. Looks like New senior school will field around 24 teams (although may be a stretch for a couple of age groups).
6 Opens
3 U16
4 U15
5 U14
6 U13

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
SJC Winter Sports Teams 2018

Rugby/Football
Opens- 12/6
Under 16- 8/1
Under 15- 8/2
Under 14- 7/3
Under 13- 7/3

42 teams 15 teams (too many)

What is the split at other schools?

9550a4ab2cc735ec0f512c12c21f3769--rugby-funny-rugby-memes.jpg

Sparkle Motion

Peter Burge (5)
For New the rugby/football split (number of teams)

Opens 6/10
U16 3/6
U15 4/6
U14 5/8
U13 6/8

24 teams/38 teams

There's also an opens AFL team and one year 9/10 team.

Sydney Rugby Fan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Knox left 3 or 4 tries out there with some rust evident after 5 weeks without a match and the second half was a stop start affair after the ref decided to try and even up the scrum context which was being heavily dominated by Knox (thanks to new coach Cam Blades). There were at least 5 penalties given against Knox when driving the Shore scrum off the ball.

Why would the ref 'decide to try and even up the scrum' as you say? If Knox's scrum dominance was so strong - as you say it was - then I can only assume that Knox were penalised for over-pushing the scrum mark by more than 1.5 m on multiple occasions. I am sure you are aware that in all Aust. U-19 matches the scrum can only be pushed 1.5 m from the mark. The ref was more than likely penalising Knox for this, rather than evening things up.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Ref told the Knox captain at start of H2 he was going to heavily scrutinise the Knox scrum given its dominance. Most of the penalties were given well before the 1.5 m was reached. Everything from early engagement to angling in. No such issues in H1.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
For New the rugby/football split (number of teams)

Opens 6/10
U16 3/6
U15 4/6
U14 5/8
U13 6/8

24 teams/38 teams

There's also an opens AFL team and one year 9/10 team.

Thanks QH for those details, a waste rate of one team per age group, far too many. Numbers should be held to up to and including the U/15s. However, I accept that grounds are problem. Also, particularly in the opens, New has very small boarding House meaning that travel, training and study don't combine well for big numbers in the opens.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
How are Kings 15as shaping up this year?

They will do well but may struggle against View and Joeys. Without Joseph Suaalli (1st XV) they don't have the same punch, but still have some pretty able outside backs. We almost matched them in the forwards I thought on the weekend although one of their forwards had a very strong game and made plenty of metres with the ball.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I reckon that opens figure is pretty bloody good in having 6 rugby teams - I wonder if New even went that far in the 70s and 80s
In the 70s and 80s New did have 5&6 open Rugby teams. But soccer was not the force it is now and the school was somewhat smaller. But for a predomiantly day school, yes, as you said IS, the school does do well. Last year we had 7 Open teams and reserves for an 8th team. But six is still a good number when you consider the significance of soccer, Aussie Rules, winter swimming,volley ball and other alternatives sport for year 11 & 12 boys to choose from during winter.In this regard the people who run Rugby at Newington, do a great job.