• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2018

Tip the 2018 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Having watched him last Saturday as a supporter for the opposition there is no doubt young Joseph can handle Opens Rugby. He was a menace each time his hands touched the ball and he is very, very exciting to watch. He handles himself with a good degree of aplomb. He will be a great player, pity it will be in the League. Keep an eye out for him chaps.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Will depend on whether some key players are back from injury, but having a stab, I predict wins of :

* 7 points or less for Scots over New
* 7 points or less for Kings over View
* 7- 14 points for Joeys over Shore.

Predict the same wins Rich E but some bigger margins.
Kings by 15
Joeys by 30 or more
Scots just..............a few cobwebs last week. The backline didn't really fire. Will need to do better to beat New.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Couple of changes for Shore tomorrow with Will Austin replacing the injured Harry Moses at 12 and Luca Russo moving into 6 to bolster the running game of the Shore pack. Both boys have been performing well in the 2nds and deserve their opportunities. Shore will be hoping for some rain to cut down on the opportunities for some of Joeys’ backs.

Sydney Rugby Fan

Allen Oxlade (6)
I was at the 13s today between Shore and Waverley, a great game by both teams probably deserved a draw.

Wasn't there but I believe in the 15as the winner was the ref, Shore won a close game, but a 35 penalty game in a 60 minute game, plus a penalty try and a 10m bin,meant that neither team ever got going.

There is no intent here to have a go at refs, in fact I admire them it's thankless, but occasionally you bump into someone who thinks the game is about him not the boys.

Hope this guy is dealt with,parents of both sides shook their heads, hope the ref association spots him.
Apparently he was a president or thereabouts of a refs association, somebody will know.
Action required here.

I have it on very good authority that this very same ref will be controlling the Waverley vs Auggies 16A game tomorrow.... :eek:

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
I have it on very good authority that this very same ref will be controlling the Waverley vs Auggies 16A game tomorrow.. :eek:

OMG!!! or are you just doing a great wind up job on me?
I was told he only refs in the East and we are playing at Auggies/Warriewood, or is it his mission!

Maybe he is doing the 16as at Waverley, our 15as are at Warriewood.

Sydney Rugby Fan

Allen Oxlade (6)
OMG!!! or are you just doing a great wind up job on me?
I was told he only refs in the East and we are playing at Auggies/Warriewood, or is it his mission!

Maybe he is doing the 16as at Waverley, our 15as are at Warriewood.

Definitely not winding you up - he is definitely doing the 16As at QP #1/ Death Valley; btw - you have an ex-Super Rugby ref doing the 15As game at Pittwater #4... :)

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Definitely not winding you up - he is definitely doing the 16As at QP #1/ Death Valley; btw - you have an ex-Super Rugby ref doing the 15As game at Pittwater #4. :)

SRF,

You have made my night, not to mention the boys, who don't know, re the 15as, I just hope he let's both teams in the 16as play some rugby. Will let you know the penalty count in that game.

I feel as though we know each other?

Sydney Rugby Fan

Allen Oxlade (6)
SRF,

You have made my night, not to mention the boys, who don't know, re the 15as, I just hope he let's both teams in the 16as play some rugby. Will let you know the penalty count in that game.

I feel as though we know each other?

I am hoping he lets the lads play the game (16As at QP#1), but time will tell...

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Shore away to Joeys this week, so there are Aussie Rules posts up on the main field at Northbridge. I hear that they had the numbers for 2 AFL teams in Year 7 at Shore this year, but could only enter one team because of ground availability.
They have bumped up the total year 7 intake I believe so the numbers are comparatively larger than the last few years in a lot of sports, they had 40 playing tennis this year when they are lucky to have 16 some years. Interestingly, apparently there are a few year 12 boys who went played AFL over the last couple of years but came back to Rugby for their final year. AFL is definitely growing at Shore though.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
They have bumped up the total year 7 intake I believe so the numbers are comparatively larger than the last few years in a lot of sports, they had 40 playing tennis this year when they are lucky to have 16 some years. Interestingly, apparently there are a few year 12 boys who went played AFL over the last couple of years but came back to Rugby for their final year. AFL is definitely growing at Shore though.
I am not having a deliberate go but can someone, anyone, explain what is so attractive about afl? I’ve been known to watch lawn bowls, darts, lingerie league and even poker but I draw the line at afl.
What am I missing? I guess if anyone knows the answer they should probably be running RA.

S

sidelineview

I am not having a deliberate go but can someone, anyone, explain what is so attractive about afl? I’ve been known to watch lawn bowls, darts, lingerie league and even poker but I draw the line at afl.
What am I missing? I guess if anyone knows the answer they should probably be running RA.

I think the attraction for parents is that, like soccer, its not perceived to be as 'rough'. Its a team sport that kids enjoy and once they start playing it there's, generally speaking, no turning back. They continue to play it when they reach Year 7.
If my uncle had breasts he'd be my aunty but if junior rugby was promoted as well as AFL, and if rugby had the same resources, more kids would start playing rugby. Its not really a contact sport for the real little kids. Then they would make friends and enjoy the game and hopefully the parents would stick and those kids would be playing school rugby when they hit Year 7.
Just saying whats been said before. AFL do it better.
Its regrettable it was allowed into traditional rugby playing schools, because as the league kids start playing rugby in Year 7 so too would some of the AFL kids: but the AFL came bearing gifts and got in and are here to stay.
I dont enjoy watching it but if i grew up as a Mexican id probably love it too

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It’s more dangerous in fact for 2 reasons:
Shepherding and obstructing and the play comes from 360 degrees so it’s very easy to blindside people.
I guess they are only issues when you get near the pointy end.
They have at least as many concussions, acl injuries and serious injuries.
2BB3500F-78BA-4E65-8F50-C1A1A1DFF404.png

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Apparently it is alot of fun to play.

I can honestly say, I have never been to a live game and never watched an entire game on TV.

I am with you IS.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Apparently it is alot of fun to play.

I can honestly say, I have never been to a live game and never watched an entire game on TV.

I am with you IS.

I’ve seen it live: I was told it was much better live.
We had a spare arvo in Melbourne a few years ago so we wandered over to the “g” to watch the swans play hawthorn.we walked out at half time.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I’ve seen it live: I was told it was much better live.
We had a spare arvo in Melbourne a few years ago so we wandered over to the “g” to watch the swans play hawthorn.we walked out at half time.
Too many good pubs in Melbourne to spend a spare arvo.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)

One of the growing attractions of sports like AFL and soccer at GPS schools, in my opinion, is that the boys feel less pressure than when they are playing games of rugby. Once you go past the 1sts-3rds and A and B level in Rugby all the teams are pretty evenly matched, bar Joeys, and there's really no easy game. Certainly in AFL and soccer you can get some pretty one sided results week to week which I would say is attractive to some boys.

Added to this is the fact that Rugby tends to put the spotlight on individuals more heavily than games like AFL. I expect you feel less pressure leaking a goal in AFL than you do missing a tackle in Rugby that leads to a try.